Detective Christopher Serino
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Detective Christopher Serino

I do not know this police officer personally, but I was very impressed with his demeanor and his truthfulness while testifying.

I only wish I could say that about the State Attorney since they snapped like a No. 2 pencil under the media’s sensationalism of a terrible incident. Yes, a young man is dead but it is more than evident he did not have “clean hands” the night he chose to attack Zimmerman.

One last note: If it was Zimmerman that had made the racial slur and not the Trevon – wholly shit it would be all over the media 24/7. But only mentioned on certain news outlets.

Re: Detective Christopher Serino

I agree that the detective seemed truthful and un biased. These prosecutors all look like they never tried a case like this in their life and are putting on a very bad case presentation and should be assigned to misdemeanor cases. I worked over 30 years in law enforcement in the Miami area and I have to say I have never seen an ME who never examined a victim or suspect for that matter give an opinion based on photos. She looked like she had no clue what she was talking about and should not have been called on this case. Very bazaar case and looks to me like this guy is not guilty of any crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest2321
    I do not know this police officer personally, but I was very impressed with his demeanor and his truthfulness while testifying.

I only wish I could say that about the State Attorney since they snapped like a No. 2 pencil under the media’s sensationalism of a terrible incident. Yes, a young man is dead but it is more than evident he did not have “clean hands” the night he chose to attack Zimmerman.

One last note: If it was Zimmerman that had made the racial slur and not the Trevon – wholly shit it would be all over the media 24/7. But only mentioned on certain news outlets.

After seeing today's testimony by the examining medical examiner, Dr. Shiping Bao, one can understand why another medical examiner was called to testify about differing types of injuries.

I have 16 years Crime Scene processing experience in South Florida and rule #1 for every death investigation is to process it as a Homicide. The technician who processed this incident needs to go back for re-training. All evidence is to be measured to 3 fixed objects (triangulation) and it appears from her diagram that evidence was only measured to 2 objects. The hands of the victim are ALWAYS placed in paper bags in order to preserve any evidence contained on the hands and under the nails. Important evidence can be lost when the victim's hands are not properly bagged.

I do not know who bagged and stored the victim's clothing in red, plastic biohazard bags but wet, bloody clothing is always allowed to air dry and then packaged in paper for storage. Wet clothing stored in plastic bags causes the break down of the biological components and valuable DNA and other evidence can be lost. If the M.E.'s office packed the clothing in plastic bags, then someone there needs retraining. There is no reason why there should be a lack of photographs documenting any part of this incident or evidence.

In the hundreds of autopsies I have attended, the doctor is always in charge of every facet of the evidence collection from the body. This Dr. Bao says " its not his job". Ridiculous.

The forensic work done in this case- by Sanford PD and the Medcal Examiner's office is an embarrassment to the agencies represented and to all who work in Law Enforcement. I hope that both agencies learn from these mistakes and re-train their employees. Fortunately winning this case does not rely on the forensics. I can only wonder what cases have been lost by Sanford PD because of improper crime scene processing.

If this case is "lost" by the prosecution, then it won't be because of the forensics. It will be because there wasn't enough evidence to charge this person in the first place. If it is "lost", then that will be a victory for justice.

Quote Originally Posted by GuestToo
    After seeing today's testimony by the examining medical examiner, Dr. Shiping Bao, one can understand why another medical examiner was called to testify about differing types of injuries.

I have 16 years Crime Scene processing experience in South Florida and rule #1 for every death investigation is to process it as a Homicide. The technician who processed this incident needs to go back for re-training. All evidence is to be measured to 3 fixed objects (triangulation) and it appears from her diagram that evidence was only measured to 2 objects. The hands of the victim are ALWAYS placed in paper bags in order to preserve any evidence contained on the hands and under the nails. Important evidence can be lost when the victim's hands are not properly bagged.

I do not know who bagged and stored the victim's clothing in red, plastic biohazard bags but wet, bloody clothing is always allowed to air dry and then packaged in paper for storage. Wet clothing stored in plastic bags causes the break down of the biological components and valuable DNA and other evidence can be lost. If the M.E.'s office packed the clothing in plastic bags, then someone there needs retraining. There is no reason why there should be a lack of photographs documenting any part of this incident or evidence.

In the hundreds of autopsies I have attended, the doctor is always in charge of every facet of the evidence collection from the body. This Dr. Bao says " its not his job". Ridiculous.

The forensic work done in this case- by Sanford PD and the Medcal Examiner's office is an embarrassment to the agencies represented and to all who work in Law Enforcement. I hope that both agencies learn from these mistakes and re-train their employees. Fortunately winning this case does not rely on the forensics. I can only wonder what cases have been lost by Sanford PD because of improper crime scene processing.
    Wow...with all your knowledge in "South Florida" (big surprise another big mouth know it all from "South Florida" I'm shocked that you don't have your own TV show! Blowhard

Why is there always someone who has to post something so negative when the guy/gal is 100% correct. These are crime scene evidence collection 101 type courses. My guess: no one expected criminal charges because it was an obvious self-defense case and charges should never have been filed.

You guys in Sanford are in quite the predicament with that turd polishing city manager who during his testimony today demonstrated that he and the mayor's office were more worried about the politics than they were a professional and competently done investigation. It is an absolute shame that Chief Lee was "run off" in the manner he was, and other folks required to make career assessments that should have never, ever been on the table. I also feel sorry for you because of those two idiots prosecuting the case. If he had ever been assigned to prosecute one of my homicide cases I would cring. I realize that he is likely under extreme political pressure, but, just, damn...you can't make chicken salad from chicken shit. Where there things that could have been done different? Heck yeah! Where there people involved who shouldn't have been? Absodamnlutely. If the media would do what they are supposed to do, then perhaps this entire fiasco could have been avoided. Ashley Banfield almost orgasmed today trying to pump the trial up.

I agree the prosecution looks sloppy but there is an expression that I heard a lot when told to take shit case to a jury trial "I don't build them -I just fly them". I think that is the situation we are witnessing. Politicians snapped like a No. 2 pencil due to media and etc. and gave these prosecutors the control after the wings had been shot off.

I've noticed that the boss lady State's Attorney has been sitting in the front row the last two days watching this fiasco unfold. I imagine she is wishing to some extent that she didn't play the political card like she did at the beginning. I wonder how much input she had yesterday and today on the jury charges for the lesser included offenses. Is this how its done in SF? Make a bunch of noise and ridiculous claims in an aggressive charge, and when it looks like the verdict for the offense charged will be an embarassment to the SAO, they get together and conjure up such a outrageously bizzaro world lesser included? Really? I wonder if the city manager's employment will continue if the Zimmerman is not convicted?

Serino was very professional and I was impressed at his demeanor and knowledge of the case. Why did he take a "voluntary" transfer back to patrol? Smells like politics all over. The case is not racial, right. Angela Cory is a cowardly politician who had no spine to take it to a grand jury. She just charged the guy with 2nd degree murder and hauled ass leaving the mess for Sanford. Defense team is kicking ass, Zimmerman an idiot but not a murderer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast