Trooper Steven Weil

Trooper Steven Weil

Last week, Auxiliary Trooper Steven Weil (8186) passed away after a heart attack several days prior. Trooper Weil was an active Auxiliary Trooper at the time of his untimely passing. He left behind a wife and two children. His brother is also in the Auxiliary, a Captain in Troop K. For most of you reading this, it is the first time you have heard of Trooper Weil's passing. Did any of you get a notice from FHP Command Staff? FHPA Command Staff? Anyone? No. This is unacceptable. Let me be clear to all Auxiliary Troopers and applicants: This agency does not care about you. At all. You can die and this agency won't so much as send a message to all members so that they can send condolences/cards etc.

I have never been so disappointed in this agency.

Re: Trooper Steven Weil

"This agency does not care about you. At all."

This has been made abundantly clear, especially during the last 10 years. The big question is, what are you (the original poster) willing to do to effect change of this apathetic organization? Judging by the response to this thread, no one is interested. The only interest is in luring the next wave of unsuspecting "recruits" to replenish the depleted roster. This post will very likely be censored, in order not to thwart the current recruitment drive. Pitiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    "This agency does not care about you. At all."

This has been made abundantly clear, especially during the last 10 years. The big question is, what are you (the original poster) willing to do to effect change of this apathetic organization? Judging by the response to this thread, no one is interested. The only interest is in luring the next wave of unsuspecting "recruits" to replenish the depleted roster. This post will very likely be censored, in order not to thwart the current recruitment drive. Pitiful!
    A thoughtful response. To answer your question: I'm going to keep giving 100% hopefully get to a spot where I can be part of the group that steers the Auxiliary. If I get to a be a part of the leadership then I will at least have a chance to make sure that things like this don't happen.

Exactly why moral is low...

Quite the legacy Christopher Knight, John Czernis and David Brierton have left the Florida Highway Patrol with don't you think? ops: