PIO

Thread: PIO

PIO

The PIO is your connection to the media, and the media should be going through her. Why is it that any major scene like the triple murder or the most recent shooting she makes no statement to the media and does not respond to the scene for statement. In the shooting downtown the watch commander and Chief of Police made statements before she ever did. Now once again the watch commander makes the first public statement.....this is her job! How do we (the tax payers) justify a Sgt in this position when she does not do the job of the PIO? Maybe someone else who is not just milking the position and wants to be there for the right reasons should be moved to it. To me it seems a total waste, put her back on the road, the watch commanders are doing the job anyway. :evil:

Re: PIO

The Chief put her in that job. I don't believe he opened the position up for anyone to apply to the position of PIO. If you will recall, Sgt. Maier was in that position and the Chief decided he wanted to make some changes and he placed Sgt. Maier in Special Ops and placed Sgt. Scroble into the PIO position. I believe she is responding the way she is directed.