Pulling people over for Seat Belt Violations... Really? - Page 20
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Re: Pulling people over for Seat Belt Violations... Really?

Who says blow jobs are illegal?? I love blow jobs. :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Seatbelts save lives and reduce injuries.

It is the law.

Get over it.
    Yet I have seen just as many dead people in fatal crashes strapped in their seatbelt as I have dead people not wearing their seatbelt.

Drop the god complex rookie.

Seatbelts save lives and reduce injuries.

It is the law.

Get over it.
    Yet I have seen just as many dead people in fatal crashes strapped in their seatbelt as I have dead people not wearing their seatbelt.

Drop the god complex rookie.
    You must be new. Seatbelts save lives. In 30+ years, I have seen a 14/15 to one ration between unrestrained vs restrained fatalities. 15 dead were unbelted to every 1 who was belted.

They also reduce injuries which in turn saves money and keeps insurance rates down.

Seatbelts are a win/win.

Only a loser or Troll would be against seatbelt use.

> ..I thought texting was now a primary offense..

Nope... you can get pulled over not wearing a seat belt but go ahead and text away - can't pull you over for that alone (need to be pulled over for something else).

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/ ... day/nbB54/

I actually agree with making "driving while texting" a primary offense - it makes sense - a driver texting while driving is placing others in danger.

Not wearing a seatbelt on the otherhand should of course NOT be a primary offense - use some common sense people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbalaya
    > ...if you chose to not wear your seatbelt, helmet or participate in any other life/health endangering act ...

Actually not true - they only made seat belt infractions a primary offense (ofcourse not if you are on a school bus, public bus, in the back of a pickup truck, delivering papers, etc..)

Following truly endangering acts are not primary offenses and you cannot be pulled over for them:
    1. Texting while driving
    2. Talking on cell phone while driving
    3. Not wearing a motorcycle helmet (and of course not wearing a seat belt on a motorcycle)

LOL - this is why many people ignore "THE LAW" makes no sense and is often contradictory and ridiculous.

DO us all a favor and use some common sense in enforcement - if "texting while driving" and "motorcycle helmets" are NOT primary offense, please do not pull people over if the ONLY thing they are doing wrong is not wearing their seat belt.

I thought texting was now its just hard to get justification to pull them unless you are in a high up vehicle to see it.
    and correct me if I am wrong but is it not legal to text while at a stop sign or redlight, or while stopped but still behind the wheel of a running car? I wish the fhp training included some judgment and discretion training. The God like complex of some troopers is why the public will never back you to the point of giving you better benefits. oh and btw another trooper with a God complex. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/co ... ylv=3?vp=1 I hope the firefighter sues the hell out of the trooper and the state.

Who says blow jobs are illegal?? I love blow jobs.
    On duty?, by a subordinate? and videotaped and shown to your troop member friends?

Who says blow jobs are illegal?? I love blow jobs.
    On duty?, by a subordinate? and videotaped and shown to your troop member friends?

Not something you can get terminated for if you are a member of the "coalition"

Guess on slow days, some cops just make stuff up...

Great story here of a citizen who sues the cop (and the town) for issuing bogus tickets....

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/07/30/man- ... urt-video/

Great quote, "Why don'y you leave me alone and go do your job and find people who are actually breaking laws."

Quote Originally Posted by Jambalaya
    Guess on slow days, some cops just make stuff up...

Great story here of a citizen who sues the cop (and the town) for issuing bogus tickets....

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/07/30/man- ... urt-video/

Great quote, "Why don'y you leave me alone and go do your job and find people who are actually breaking laws."
    FHP has troopers who write people tickets from old contacts. One of FHP's motormen was fired for doing that. I know a captain assigned to Tallahassee who used to write false warnings to turn in on his weekly report when he was a trooper. He was falsifying his activity on his weekly reports. He got caught when he threw away a couple of the warning books that only had the copy to be turned in with his weekly report missing from the books. The violator and trooper copy of the warnings were all still in the warning books he had thrown into the trash can at the county fuel pumps.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920