Anyone from FCPD actually use this board?

Anyone from FCPD actually use this board?

I know this is mostly a Florida forum, however I'm wondering if anyone from FCPD every checks it (part of me hopes you don't as your agency probably has a lot less *****ing and whining drama than mine does!).

I'm a LEO in Pinellas County Florida (West coast, just southwest from Tampa) and am seriously considering a move to Fairfax County and the FCPD. I grew up in Springfield, however moved prior to High School and as such have been away for a long time.
    I'm aware of the economic conditions (high cost of living, taxes, etc) in the area as well as the 24x7 rush hour traffic, however am wondering about the FCPD itself.

My current agency has A LOT of issues, mostly stemming from an administration that doesn't support it's officers and believes that aggressive and pro-active police work is racist. I'm wondering what the attitude of the FCPD is. From what I can read from the public general orders and the weekly incident summaries it appears as if the agency is very supportive of aggressive and pro-active police work, is that the case?

Is the agency, like mine is, actively looking for you to screw up and then hammering you when you do (example: my agency recently contacted a prisoner who was being guarded at a hospital to see if one specific officer fell asleep during guard duty... unsolicited without any complaints from hospital staff or the arrested)?

When you get to the point where force is going to have to be used in the field are you concerned about the best way to keep yourself and other officers safe and go home, or are you thinking what we think at my agency: "Ok, if I do X... how do I articulate that in the report so I don't get investigated by my Lieutenant?"

What's the general attitude of the department? I would assume, with a department the size of the FCPD you're less of one BIG family and more a "family" on the sub-station level... is there a sense of "family" or do you pretty much just do your own thing during your tour?

From what I can tell, even though the grass is NEVER greener on the other side, the FCPD appears to be a (overall) great agency... opinions?

Thanks for the input... should anyone actually read this!

Re: Anyone from FCPD actually use this board?

Don't do it. This place is a joke. This agency was great about 15 years ago but is falling apart fast. You will most likely have to go through the whole academy again.