wow
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wow

Lightbulb wow

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/2262 ... -to-deputy

TAMPA (FOX 13) -
    The gun found in an Ybor City movie theater bathroom belonged to a Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office deputy, Tampa police confirmed Tuesday.

It was Monday afternoon when a 9-year-old boy found a loaded Glock in the bathroom of the Muvico theaters in Centro Ybor. He showed his dad, who called 911.

Police took custody of the gun and later heard from a Hillsborough deputy who told them it was his personal weapon. He said he was off-duty and forgot the gun after leaving it on the toilet paper dispenser while using the restroom.

The sheriff's office later identified the deputy as Detective Luke Hussey, 38. The 13-year veteran had notified the theater manager as soon as he realized that he had forgotten it in the stall, about 90 minutes after he left it there, but it had already been found by the boy and his father.

"HCSO takes this matter very seriously and has already began an administrative investigation to determine any policy violations that may have occurred," a sheriff's office spokesman said.

Read more: http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/2262 ... z2WcrWaG1Z
    Follow us: @myfoxtampabay on Twitter | FOX13TampaBay on Facebook

Re: wow

Someone could use some Zone time......

Zone time? That is one of the problems with this agency. Why is working a zone punishment? I enjoy working a zone. Am I less of a deputy because I work a zone? I guess I am just not as smart or as capable as you. Just an underling. Too bad patrol work is the most necessary function of the entire office. Second point; how will working in a zone remind him that he needs to keep track of his personal weapons? Oh, it won't, it is just a form of punishment (oops, that went back to my first point). Maybe we should learn to have corrective training, or actual punishment. I am pretty sure leaving a gun in a movie theater restroom is the same problem if you are a detective or a patrol deputy.

Quote Originally Posted by problem
    Zone time? That is one of the problems with this agency. Why is working a zone punishment? I enjoy working a zone. Am I less of a deputy because I work a zone? I guess I am just not as smart or as capable as you. Just an underling. Too bad patrol work is the most necessary function of the entire office. Second point; how will working in a zone remind him that he needs to keep track of his personal weapons? Oh, it won't, it is just a form of punishment (oops, that went back to my first point). Maybe we should learn to have corrective training, or actual punishment. I am pretty sure leaving a gun in a movie theater restroom is the same problem if you are a detective or a patrol deputy.

Agreed. I can't speak for todays zone hoppers because I no longer work for the HCSO or even in law enforcement for that matter but when I did I personally considered patrol as the best job in the agency. Patrol had a set schedule with no on-call status (minus of course Hurricane season when a storm was approaching) and when the day was done it was done. None of the extracurricular BS that the specialty squads and detectives had to deal with. I worked with Luke now and then when I was at the HCSO and he is a good, smart deputy who in this case displayed his human side and made a mistake. Humans do that now and then unfortunately but it was obviously not a deliberate act on his part. Should he face some type of corrective action? Yes of course, but to bad the media got ahold of it cause now the "dark lord" will probably make an example out of him. I used to work mid night shift in Wimauma which was at the time (not sure if it still is or not) considered to be the most undesired place and time to work in all of the county. My zone partner and myself used to joke that if we FUBAR'd what could they do to us? :wink:

JUST MY TWO CENTS

Yup, we are all human.

I never knew Luke, but if he has a clean file then he should get nothing more than a letter on counseling. Let me explain why. Many have gone to booking when it was at 1710 Tampa Street, Morgan Street or now on Orient Road and left there gun in the lock box and returned to patrol. And want to know who this has happened to look no further than those that place their weapon in their trunk. They learned from their mistake or knew someone that has done this in the past.

Is this the same as leaving it in a restroom, no. But you did place your life on the line when you made that stupid mistake. And if you responded to a major call a citizen could had needed you to react with a weapon, only to find it missing.

I have had dinners on the mid-night shift with several deputies when a horrible look came on their face. They noticed their holster was empty. One of these deputies had been on several calls after leaving booking and had just noticed their mistake. He was lucky he did not have to use his weapon to protect himself or a citizen.

Could someone had been hurt, yes. Was anyone hurt, no. Luke will learn from this mistake, just like others in past years. If he does it again, well throw the book at him.

Yep, what he said. one time the boss man left his wallet on top of the tool box while pumping gas at the Radiant. Another time he left his bc, dive fins, mask and tank on the swim platform , we're going sky diving this weekend, I wonder what he'll forget to check or do this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Checker
    Yep, what he said. one time the boss man left his wallet on top of the tool box while pumping gas at the Radiant. Another time he left his bc, dive fins, mask and tank on the swim platform , we're going sky diving this weekend, I wonder what he'll forget to check or do this time.
    Luke's a good guy...I don't think it will happen again...We have all done stupid stuff...Years ago, I left my laptop on top of my car, while loading up my stuff...Thank god the lightbar was ther to keep it from sliding off of the roof...I stopped at the first light, opened the door, and retrieved it...I never did this again...

I have been here a looooong time and I am one of those that forgot their weapon in the trunk of the car, after booking. Did a X50 on the interstate with a empty holster. Once I noticed it, I cleaned out my pants, put my weapon back in the holster and went to the next call.

$h!t happens!!!!

Not really sure what would be the proper action, but there is a difference between leaving your gun in your trunk, placing yourself in danger, and leaving your gun in a movie theater bathroom placing a kid in danger.....

Not the Same, I didn't say the detective involved didn't deserve some type of discipline. My point was we are all HUMAN. We make mistakes, we learn from those mistakes and we move on. A parent doesn't kick their kid to the curb the first time the kid makes a mistake. He/she takes corrective action, mentors and teaches the kid and continues down the road. If the kid does it again, the parent up's the ante.

The problem with HCSO is, you make an mistake and they break it off in your @$$. As one of the previous poster mentioned, the first thing is, if your not in patrol, they send you back to patrol. Big time slap in the face to 75% of the hard working people in the agency.

Take corrective action, mentor, teach and move on down the road.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast