12 Hour shift Question for Bob
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

12 Hour shift Question for Bob

I keep hearing about this survey we took. I keep hearing 70% of those polled wanted 12-s. I'm throwing BS. EVERY single person I've spoken to the last month hasn't a clue about a survey, doesn't want 12-s and some who have child care issues are sick to their stomachs about having to move south county or possibly even leave the agency.

Here's my opinion. I think there was no survey. I think Bob knows if he doesn't do something to pacify the youngsters who want everything right now, they'll leave for agencies with higher pay and possibly 12-s.

How about the truth for once Bob? Enough of the slick willie lawyer double talk. And PBA, how about you find a pair of balls and stand up for the members. Show us proof, not just "Well Bob says we'll never go to 12-s but he wants to just try it out so he can say he listened to the troops". BULLSHIT.....your job is to make sure he's doing the right thing, not push his BS down our throats.

Bob, your job is to keep the county commission happy, try to get us raises and SUPPORT us. Enough of the background checks for ammo purchases and other DEMOCRAT BS. When other sheriff's are pledging to support the 2nd amendment and protect citizen rights in accordance with the constitution you're doing the exact opposite. Man the f--k up already......

Re: 12 Hour shift Question for Bob

Best post of the week on this board! Waiting for a response from a Capt pretending to be a deputy saying "Oh yea, I remember the survey!!"

Those so called youngsters are the future of this agency. So pissing off a few crotchety old timers does't outweigh the benefits. Those who make the most most money seem to ***** the most. NDS read-offs look like arts and crafts day at a nursing home. There is so much dead wood accumulating around here it's a fire hazard.

"EVERY single person I've spoken to the last month hasn't a clue about a survey, doesn't want 12-s"

Why don't you speak to some deputies who aren't AARP members.

I work south county and everyone I've spoken to has not heard of the survey either. Also, only four deputies out of the twenty or so I've talked with want 12 hour shifts. If 70% of deputies want 12 hours shifts, so be it. Post the survey results and how many deputies took it.

I'm not bashing anybody to include the sheriff or the brass. Just would like an answer like the original poster.

A little bit of history: two surveys were done at the jail on proposals for 12s and they failed by large numbers each time. Then came the sudden announcement that South Division will be placed on 12s while Central and North will remain on 8s. South Division got paid 4 hours overtime for the 84 hour pay period for a bid then it was reduced to straight time. A couple of years later Central was placed on 12s. Again there was no survey, no voting, nothing. North Division got 12s with no explanation other than budget cuts. Strange because the major said 12s produced no savings. Probably because it increased the number of Corporals, Sergeants and Lieutenants from 3 sets to 4 sets. About 90% of the people who work at the jail, detention deputies and medical staff, really dislike 12s but there is nothing they can do about it except quit. All I am saying is be careful what you wish for because you might get it and the change will be irreversible.

The morale will not change around here. The kids will get better and more time off, the senior people will be against it as they probably already have the better days off. So the pissed off amoung us will just flip flop. Probably the real reason for this is that it takes less people on 12hr shifts. The extra bodies can be used in other areas, primarily in areas the Sheriff wants to rebuild from the budget cuts. The jail went to 12's for this reason, it freed up bodies that could come to the leo side since new budgeted positions haven't been approved for years.

What about 89?

If an honest survey were held, most deputies would vote for 4/10 hour shifts with 3 days off. Other agencies do it such as SPPD so it can be done here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    If an honest survey were held, most deputies would vote for 4/10 hour shifts with 3 days off. Other agencies do it such as SPPD so it can be done here too.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast