ALL AHEAD FULL

Thread: ALL AHEAD FULL

Post ALL AHEAD FULL

Hollywood's police chief retiring two months after being relieved of duty
    Now this story sounds familiar, if i could only remember....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/browar ... 9215.story

By Susannah Bryan, Sun Sentinel
    6:59 p.m. EDT, May 17, 2013

HOLLYWOOD —

Assistant Police Chief Jimmy Jones, the subject of an active Internal Affairs investigation into alleged misconduct, will retire this month.

Jones, 50, sent a resignation letter to Chief Vincent Affanato this week saying his retirement would take effect May 31.

Jones was suspended with pay on March 27 after a retired Hollywood officer sent an eight-page email to City Hall accusing him of misconduct.

In his 30-year career, Jones rose through the ranks and eventually won the spot of second in command.

"His intelligence was always well respected," said union leader Jeff Marano. "He was a man's man. A knock-around guy."

But the letter written by Lori Norris accuses Jones of harassment, discrimination, retaliation and abuse of power.

The investigation into those allegations is ongoing, city spokesman Jaime Hernandez said.

On Friday, Jones declined to comment about the investigation. In a previous interview, he accused Norris of a personal vendetta. She retired in June 2011

harassment, CHECK
    discrimination, CHECK
    retaliation, CHECK
    abuse of power, A CHECK

Chief Mann,this is you, this is your friend Biodolillo, and your buddy Dave Rivera. Please understand that this is the reality of what you have brought, as well as the environment you have fostered.

You don't have to admitit, but you are blind or ignorant if you don't see it. Please go. You and Biondolillo can this place together, just like you BOTH did, when you first started, how FDLE was the rgeatest, and Creek was the 'woods'. We are a great group of people, and we will always have some issues. But you seized upon them, and divided us. This is NOT a trait of a leader, but of a coward, who, instead of having the confidence to run a Police Department, and insulated yourself with the same type of narcissistic personalities you could control. Congratulations on making throwing away what might have been an impressive legacy for a few years of power and and quite Frankly, just a school-yard bully.

Re: ALL AHEAD FULL

fusilli wrote:
    Reasons to go
    by Good Ole days » 05/11/13 03:40:02
    Chief Mann has got to go and I have all the reasons why. I promise to be respectful with my reasons so my post won't get torn up. Please! More chicken for the soup!!
    1. In the past whenever someone got promoted or was given a specialty assignment what figured in prominently (HOW ON EARTH DID YOU SPELL THIS WORD CORRECTLY ONLY TO WATCH YOUR GRAMMAR TAKEN A CLIFF-DIVE !?!?) was seniority plain and simple. if you had seniority and were liked by the people in the unit you were in.HEY GOING OFF THIS POINT IF EASY-TAMMY WASN'T ANYONE'S PICK FROM THE CID INTERVIEW, YET THE CHIEF STILL SELECTED HER-AND SHE TURNED OUT GREAT-AT I G N O R I N G ALL THOSE SEX CRIME/ABUSE CASES!! 2 YEARS AND SHE CLEANED UP THE CITY SO MUCH, SHE'S BACK ON THE ROAD-AWESOME! Since the Chief has gotten here before you get one of these jobs or promotions he looks at skill sets, schooling you have taken to prepare yourself, education, past job performance and attitude.yES, HUERTA SHOWED IMMENSE ATTITUDE ON THAT FAKE COP SHOW-AND WHILE SHOOTING AT AN UNARMED MAN. MCKINNEY, L O T S OF ATTITUDE IN THAT EMAIL HE WROTE THREATENING A CIVILIAN!! (( AT WHAT POINT DOES AN INDICTMENT FOR 2 COUNTS OF FEDERAL INSURANCE FRAUD MAKE YOU QUALIFIED ?? )) That just not fair to those of us with seniority who have written a dozen of tickets and made as many arrests over the past several years. I mean come on I am not exaggerating we are talking a dozen. And don't get me started on promotions take why should it count she volunteers to work with the explorers TO BE FAIR-SHE GETS PAID, SO NOT SURE WHAT YOUR DEFINITION OF VOLUNTEER IS takes on collateral duties like the Honor Guard, YUP, STILL GETS AID FOR THIS TOO works with the high school cheerleaders,for no pay NOW YOU'RE JUST SOUNDING STUPID you might call it initiative or mentoring or leadership I call it ass kissing. UM, NO, WE CONSIDER THE ASS-KISSING: WALKING BIONDOLILLO'S DOGS ON DUTY Listen I once gave the March of Dimes 2 dollars and nobody from administration ever thanked me. The Chief should recognize that and make me a Detective or Motormen or whatever I want to be. ( UM, REALLY?? FROST AND FUENTES HAD HOW MUCH ROAD EXPERIENCE BEFORE BECOMING A DETECTIVE?
    RETORT: you forgot ‘volunteering’ to walk Biondolillo’s dog. You forgot qualifications like spending a whole 18 months on the road before being rescued and put in a school. And the sleeping (no, not really sleeping) with several of her co-workers, bosses, peers, you know….. that didn’t hurt either-errr, I am guessing.2. What about some of his other bone head moves like "car guy". What was he thinking moving him into that position I mean just because he has gotten us better equipment for the cars and officers and kept the fleet in tip top shape that doesn't make up for the fact that the Chief recognizes his hard work and the fact he loves his job, In my book that makes him a brown nosier and we all hate brown nosier's right? I should have that job I know things about cars well something's, i even checked the oil on my cruiser once. (PER POLICY, SIR/MAMM, EVERYONE IS SUPPOSED TO CHECK FLUID LEVELS AT THE BEGINNING OF E A C H SHIFT....)
    I liked it better in the good old days when Susanne had final say on what police equipment we got, AT LEAST SUSANNE WAS HELPFUL IN COVERING-UP MANN UNREPORTED ACCIDENT IN MARGATE !! I mean everyone knows that civilians always know what best for cops in the way of equipment. RETORT: Yes, Steve is good at waxing cars, parking cars, driving cars, etc.. Looks like we’re poaching from the valet stand at Benihana and paying him WAY too much money! And another thing why did the Chief change the look of our police cars. I thought they looked fine, they reminded me of the good ole days. Lets stay on the topic of bone head personnel moves like the previous victim advocate everybody loved her and now she's gone.RETORT: Judy Banks is one of the most respected Victim Advocates in the field. By degrading all the hard work she had accomplished, you actually go AGAINST your own point at the beginning of this rambling diatribe. She was replaced by someone who actually cares. RETORT: TRUE, Patty is AWESOME. God i hate all that touchy feely stuff I liked the old tough love victim advocate who was never around.Then there was the Lt who wanted to be king. He got a raw deal, after the Chief promoted him, put him in charge of the Detective Bureau and sent him to the FBI National Academy the Chief had the audacity not to resign so he could become Chief. Everyone knows the Lt. was doing all his plotting for the men a very unselfish act and wanted nothing in return (well except to be Chief). RETORT: TRUE, Scott got what should have came to him years ago.He also chased off one of the hardest working officers this department has ever seen AA. RETORT: You/Mann can’t bash Anthony, because before yall hated him, you LOVED him. So don’t act like you weren’t in bed with him, buying the milk from him, you have NO ground here. From dispatch he chased off one of the most pleasant people on earth SF, another shame she was truly a treasure. RETORT: Ah, yes, traded one ‘treasure’ for Leslie. They probably gave Stacy’s salary to Leslie too (far too much) Ah the good ole days3. Listen (( NOW you want us to start listening- whew!))the Chief has done nothing to improve our department, well he did clean and paint the PD (PUBLIC WORKS DID), bought us rifles with pretty cool scopes (WE DON’T HAVE SCOPES, MORON), remodeled the locker room and gym (ALL 5 PEOPLE THANK HIM), allowed us to wear shorts in the summer (WE ALWAYS WERE ABLE TO IN THE SUMMER), switched us to Glocks,(WE DIDN’T ASK, THAT’S WHAT HE SHOT AT FDLE, WE HAD PRETTY NEW SIG SAUERS ALREADY) got us better equipment but at what cost? Every time I walk by that great new gym and don't work out I feel bad. RETORT: UM, HOW ABOUT SPREADING THE WEALTH AND SPRUCE UP THE 43 YEAR OLD SGT’S OFFICE WITH THOSE SLICK NEW FLOORS (SORRY CAROL-ANN) Nice going Chief you have single handedly lowered my morale (TRUE AGAIN!) (YOU MEAN YOU FORGOT THE ILLEGAL/UNETHICAL CELL PHONE RECORDS, CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS, I.A.’S ‘ROUND THE HORN! )4. The one thing everyone knows is that after you receive a discipline in this department the Chief rides you relentlessly and never has your back. Just ask Jenna, Lesley or Larry. (WOW, 3 OUT OF 20 IS NOT BAD !!! ) I am sure they would have a lot to say on that matter. As a matter of fact you should also ask Cuddeback too. After his 16 week suspension was over the Chief assigned him to the front desk. (( YOU MEAN THE BUBBLE RIGHT? THE PLACE WHERE THE CHIEF AND BIONDOLILLO TESTIFIED THAT THEY NEVER THREATENED TO PUT HIM, YET, THEY ACTUALLY DID, THAT FRONT DESK ??) After a sort time Cuddeback asked to be assigned back to the road on nights. ( THAT’S BECAUSE CUDDEBACK WENT AHEAD WITH HIS UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICE LAWSUIT AS HE SHOWED THE ARBITRATORS RULINGS WERE NOT BEING FOLLOWED )The Chief granted his request,,, boy was that a screw job by the Chief or what. (AND IF YOU READ THE ARBITRATION TESTIMONY, YOU WOULD READ A LESS-HARMONIOUS STORY THAN WHAT YOU ARE SPINNING- <DON’T WORRY, MRS. MAYOR HAS THEM >

As you can see the the Chief is wrong on everything, we need to go back to the way things were, you know when Devine, McMurry and Merlin ran the show. The good ole boy system where things always remained the same and no matter how hard ( or not ) you worked
    everyone got the same evaluation. Strict seniority to be promoted to LT. and straight down the Sgt's list (that really worked well in the past) (RETORT: MARKEN AND COPPOLA SPENT LESS THAN 1 YEAR AS ROAD SGT.’S BEFORE BEING PROMOTED TO LT.- MARKEN, HIS 2ND YEAR AS A LIEUTENANT, GOT A BETTER EVALUATION THAN ALL OTHER LIEUTENANTS…..REALLY???. Role back the clocks everyone lets all go back to the good ole days

{YOUR ATTEMPT TO MAKE VALID POINTS WILL ALWAYS RUN DIRECTLY INTO THE PATH OF THE TRUTH. POOR HIRING PRACTICES, POOR DECISIONS THAT REFLECT NEGATIVELY ON THE DEPARTMENT, AND AN ENVIRONMENT THAT FOSTERS INTIMIDATION AND HYPOCRISY. YOU CAN’T ARGUE WITH THESE FACTS, BUT PLEASE CONTINUE TO TRY, SO WE CAN GO OVER THIS AGAIN, AND AGAIN AND AGAIN, LIKE SOMEONE’S RESUME IS BEING SHOVED DOWN OUR THROAT EVERY TIME HE HAPPENS TO SHOW UP SOMEPLACE OTHER THAN BY HIS CITY-INSTALLED, PRIVATE WATER HEATER……..}

Sincerely yours

YOUR GRAMMAR IS HORRIBLE, YOU MUST BE ONE OF THOSE HAPPY NEW Q U A L I F I E D PROMOTIONS YOU WERE SO FAMOUSLY TALKING ABOUT !!!

OFC. YOU’RESUCHALOSERANDWEKNOWIT

First, your welcome.
    Second, this also explains where most of her bloated salray must go to.
    Let's see, she reads our MCT "F7" messages on a DAILY basis;
    Looks through our email/outlook history;
    TAR reports

And the big one............ Here is YOUR Coconut Creek PD Moderator (We think)

ops: ---------------------------------> M O D 661 <------------------------------------------ ops:

Ever wonder why her name is ALWAYS edited out? Want to know who is on the Chief's side with this crap of a one-sided blog? No coincidence she worked for FDLE, Financial/Insurance Services. Another :evil: 'ANGEL' :twisted: looking over our shoulder, waiting to pounce and serve us up to the Mann himself. Thanks again, Chief.

Fair IS fair. Marti

Google/Bing her name; its all there for the world to see.
    (But please do yourself a favor and don't click on the pic :shock: )

Any suggestions on how WE can do this? Maybe we should ask Skirvin or Eberly :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Heron's calling

HOLLYWOOD —

Assistant Police Chief Jimmy Jones, the subject of an active Internal Affairs investigation into alleged misconduct, will retire this month.

Jones, 50, sent a resignation letter to Chief Vincent Affanato this week saying his retirement would take effect May 31.

Jones was suspended with pay on March 27 after a retired Hollywood officer sent an eight-page email to City Hall accusing him of misconduct.

In his 30-year career, Jones rose through the ranks and eventually won the spot of second in command.

"His intelligence was always well respected," said union leader Jeff Marano. "He was a man's man. A knock-around guy."

But the letter written by Lori Norris accuses Jones of harassment, discrimination, retaliation and abuse of power.

The investigation into those allegations is ongoing, city spokesman Jaime Hernandez said.

On Friday, Jones declined to comment about the investigation. In a previous interview, he accused Norris of a personal vendetta. She retired in June 2011

harassment, CHECK
    discrimination, CHECK
    retaliation, CHECK
    abuse of power, CHECK

Chief Mann,this is you, this is your friend Biodolillo, and your buddy Dave Rivera. Please understand that this is the reality of what you have brought, as well as the environment you have fostered.

You don't have to admitit, but you are blind or ignorant if you don't see it. Please go. You and Biondolillo can this place together, just like you BOTH did, when you first started, how FDLE was the rgeatest, and Creek was the 'woods'. We are a great group of people, and we will always have some issues. But you seized upon them, and divided us. This is NOT a trait of a leader, who, instead of having the confidence to run a Police Department, you showed you had no idea and insulated yourself with the same type of narcissistic personalities you could control. Congratulations on making throwing away what might have been an impressive legacy for a few years of, power and and quite Frankly, just a school-yard bully.

Quote Originally Posted by Heron's calling

HOLLYWOOD —

harassment, CHECK
    discrimination, CHECK
    retaliation, CHECK
    abuse of power, A CHECK

You don't have to admitit, but you are blind or ignorant if you don't see it. Please go. You and Biondolillo can this place together, just like you BOTH did, when you first started, how FDLE was the rgeatest, and Creek was the 'woods'. We are a great group of people, and we will always have some issues. But you seized upon them, and divided us. This is NOT a trait of a leader, but of a coward, who, instead of having the confidence to run a Police Department, and insulated yourself with the same type of narcissistic personalities you could control. Congratulations on making throwing away what might have been an impressive legacy for a few years of power and and quite Frankly, just a school-yard bully.
    I am not picking on any one person, but why is OUR union not getting involved in helping us? Or why have they not in the recent past?

Here is a legitimate story of the PBA, Jeff Marano, forcing out a 30 year+ law man based on the same type of leadership problems we are facing. WE have the VP of the Broward PBA sitting at a desk in our PD, and yet nothing is talked about, discussed, or done? This is inexcusable and needs to be explained. Our reps need to be called in and accounted for what they are NOT doing. Great, we had 1 contract meeting. Where were they the last 3 years of this mess? The over-reaching investigations/discipline/favoritism/unequal treatment/and a series of poor judgements in promoting and hiring?

Call to task the PBA, this is what we pay them for-to protect us !

Spock: If I may be so bold, it was a mistake for you to accept promotion. Commanding a starship is your first, best destiny; anything else is a waste of material.

Kirk: I would not presume to debate you.

Spock: That is wise. Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Kirk: Or the one.

Spock: You are my superior officer. You are also my friend. I have been and always shall be yours.

You have to get rid of the PBA. You will never receive proper representation unless you are one the Chosen few who are taken care of with your dues they spend on their elite few.