12 hours good for agency or you - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 12 hours good for agency or you

12 hour shifts rock you guys must live at work!!!!

12 hour shifts are great if you are single, young or married with no kids. All you young guys will find as time goes on that you will hate 12 hour shifts. You will get married and have kids, and you will have child care issues. When this occurs, I dont want hear any whining. Remember, you wanted this. As time goes on and you age, you will find that you will need to sleep more than you did in your 20's. So you got more time off, but what good is that when you wife is working and kids are in school. The days you are working, you will be sleeping while you wife and kids are home. Wait after you work 12 hours and have to go to court and then work another 12 hour shift. Once again, I don't want to hear any whining, cause I'm going to tell you to suck it up. Sometimes you get wait you ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest119
    12 hour shifts are great if you are single, young or married with no kids. All you young guys will find as time goes on that you will hate 12 hour shifts. You will get married and have kids, and you will have child care issues. When this occurs, I dont want hear any whining. Remember, you wanted this. As time goes on and you age, you will find that you will need to sleep more than you did in your 20's. So you got more time off, but what good is that when you wife is working and kids are in school. The days you are working, you will be sleeping while you wife and kids are home. Wait after you work 12 hours and have to go to court and then work another 12 hour shift. Once again, I don't want to hear any whining, cause I'm going to tell you to suck it up. Sometimes you get wait you ask for.

"You will find that you will need to sleep more than you did in your 20's". Really?? I slept a lot more in my 20's than I do in my 40's.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest119
    The only whining is from your side pal. You just took a whole post to talk about whining. Obviously a lot of people want 12's if the agency is trying them out. If it was a small minority of employees we wouldn't even be having this discussion ( well its a discussion on my end, yours is just whining and complaining). Again it's not the end of the world. You will work out your child care issues and find time to see your wife just like the thousands of cops, nurses, and other industries that work 12's. you aren't alone!! Maybe we should offer a 12 hour shift support group to help you cope. You may even wipe those years from your eyes and like the schedule!

The only whining is from your side pal. You just took a whole post to talk about whining. Obviously a lot of people want 12's if the agency is trying them out. If it was a small minority of employees we wouldn't even be having this discussion ( well its a discussion on my end, yours is just whining and complaining).
    Actually the guy to whom you replied to presented facts supporting his argument against 12s. All you did was mindlessly flail about and accused him of whining but you failed to present any facts supporting your argument for 12s. So you lost the debate.

Obviously a lot of people want 12's if the agency is trying them out
    Youngster, you don't have a clue how many want 12 hours. Probably very few but if it's good for Bob, it'll happen. Ask him to see the poll results...but I wouldn't hold your breath.

I've been here 20 years now and I can tell you that I wouldn't mind 12's. I have talked to some of the guys at other agencies that work 12's and they like them too.

Here's another point nobody has mentioned yet. You get guaranteed extra pay on twelves because you work 4 more hours every two weeks. Of course, that four hours is paid at straight time, but it's guaranteed income. That's an extra 104 hours per year--roughly $2,065.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbobby
    Here's another point nobody has mentioned yet. You get guaranteed extra pay on twelves because you work 4 more hours every two weeks. Of course, that four hours is paid at straight time, but it's guaranteed income. That's an extra 104 hours per year--roughly $2,065.
    Hellz yeah work only half the month and make more money... it's a win win :devil:

Hellz yeah work only half the month and make more money... it's a win win :devil:
    Big Mike
    We get paid hourly not salary you pinhead. 12 hour shifts require an extra 8 hours' worth of work per month. And Sheriff Bob doesn't have to pay those 8 hours as OT, per DOL regulations. The jail is on 12s and doesn't get the OT.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast