Florida Department of Corrections Hiring Process (Opinions) - Page 3
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: Florida Department of Corrections Hiring Process (Opinio

Hey,I contacted my recruiter on 05/20 to inquire about the status of my application. My recruiter told me that, she hasn't got anything yet; however, she told me she not going to lie to me and told me that I am in the top 15, but that doesn't mean I will get hired. She also said that I am in the green folder, that goes to the warden desk and told me to give it a week or two. I am feeling very anxious because I have got any update on anything yet for the physical. I want to have some more opinions on this and I want to know if I am not hired, how will they notify me if I am not approved for hire?

Quote Originally Posted by rock1234
    Hey,I contacted my recruiter on 05/20 to inquire about the status of my application. My recruiter told me that, she hasn't got anything yet; however, she told me she not going to lie to me and told me that I am in the top 15, but that doesn't mean I will get hired. She also said that I am in the green folder, that goes to the warden desk and told me to give it a week or two. I am feeling very anxious because I have got any update on anything yet for the physical. I want to have some more opinions on this and I want to know if I am not hired, how will they notify me if I am not approved for hire?
    What warden? Charlotte is in much better hands now that mr Wellhausen is back.

Mr. Wellhausen is at RMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Guestsf
    Mr. Wellhausen is at RMC.
    Huh. I have a friend that works there and he told me that mr Reid went back to Martin ci and mr Wellhausen came back to charlotte.

Apparently your friend is a source of misinformation. When Mr. Wellhausen left Charlotte, he went to Region office, then to Columbia CI and recently was moved to RMC. I was at RMC last Monday and saw him and spoke with him.

Then who is at charlotte? It's not Reid. He is back at Martin. I even saw his picture in the paper with one of his work squads.

Reid is at Charlotte. Michelle Bateman is at Martin, she has been there for a year.

Hey, sorry to bother again, but can I have more opinions on the questions that I posted.

Rock:
    Take it from me, you don't want to work at Martin CI or any other state prison any longer than you have to. Ive been behind the fences. Do your probation period, hopefully you'll be on midnights and start applying with the county jails, feds, locals, etc. If you're young, go federal and make a life for yourself. Either way, get out of the state. Trust me, you will not regret it. Need proof? Of my graduating academy class, probably less than 10% are still with the state. $40 grand a year for your whole career isnt a life when you can make $65-80 somewhere else plus better benefits. Plus, the spectre of privatization is always going to be there. Why bother?

I heard a lot of people say the same thing. I just want to start somewhere, I always wanted to journey in this field since I was a boy. I just hope I get hired, so I can start I out with a career in public safety.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast