Florida Department of Corrections Hiring Process (Opinions) - Page 2
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: Florida Department of Corrections Hiring Process (Opinio

Thank you, I applied at Martin Correctional Institution and my interview was last Wednesday. I hope I get approved for hire and called for a physical. What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by rock1234
    Thank you, I applied at Martin Correctional Institution and my interview was last Wednesday. I hope I get approved for hire and called for a physical. What do you all think?
    fla d.o.c. is good for 1 thing.....let them pay for your academy and figure out
    how much time you gotta do to escape a poverty life style.

I did 26 yrs at a sheriff's office before the 3% pension contribution....
    retired in 2009 and get 78% of $90,000 , now add 9% cola w/o fighting with union or management to get that, the big kicker was health insurance, I get 46% paid for by the agency. a simiar guy with f.h.p. or d.o.c. would have to do 50 yrs and be
    80 yrs old.

I hope that they will contact me soon, I really want to start a career in criminal justice. also does anyone know what the physical examination going to consist of?

Quote Originally Posted by rock1234
    Hello, I am new here a week ago I had an interview with the Florida department of corrections. I had an interview with a Sergent and it went very fast; the Sergent said that I have a very clean record with no speeding tickets, juvenile record, or criminal record. She gave me a indication that I answer the scenario questions correctly and said that its great that I have a A.S degree in Criminal Justice Technology. She also told me that out all the applicants, that I was the easiest to finish because of my clean record and working history, because I only had one job and lived in the state of Florida all my life. She also told me that If I am approve for hire that they will start me as soon as possible. She then said that she going to do another background check on my employment history and then she will try put on the warden desk the same day. She then asked me if I wanted to know more about corrections and I say no and said, that my father is a correctional and I have some understanding of what I getting into. She then ask if you are sure and then I said, okay you can tell me. She told how the facility and told that if you are hire and you see corruption tell your supervisor. The interview ended and she said as soon as the employment background is done she will put it on the warden desk. I want to know from others experience does this mean that I have the job?

Apparently, a working knowledge of the English language is no longer a job requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Last month our CA sent an email congratulating one specific office for being the office with the least amount of miles on the state car in our circuit. Not the least amount of travel reimbursement, BUT THE LEAST AMOUNT OF MILES ON THE STATE CAR. WTF?

So basically she was praising those officer for using their own cars
    or not making their contact standards. It should be noted that office has the least amount of zip codes, a smaller compact area (but high volume crime area), and no CC unit. But they got praised!
    They should probably hire back all those officers who lost their jobs in the past for falsifying their contacts, since that's the direction the Department is heading anyway.

I do apologize for my grammar, the message that I wrote was rushed. I just want some insights on where I stand for employment.

When did you apply Rock? Sounds like you passed your interview. Physical should be next

I applied last Wednesday, I hope I pass.

Go to FHP have a life and pay rasies :devil: :devil: :snicker: :snicker:

Amen, trooper. Don't walk . . . RUN as fast as you can from the DOC! Especially charlotte correctional.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast