Florida Department of Corrections Hiring Process (Opinions) - Page 19
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    Hello I'm new on here I applied back in 2014 my application got sent to dade c I in January 2015 it's been there since then I recieved a email back in April to fill out the paper work for the next step but I missed it so on Monday 7-6-15 I drove to dade c I with all my paper work for the recruiting office to tell me she think I should go to south florida it would be closer to my home so on 7-10-15 I call south florida to speak to their recruiting officer for her to tell me my application should reach her by next week and I have to go to the bottom of the list like how long does the whole process takes because I know people that applied to facilities up in northern and central florida and the whole process only took like three months the max and they are in boot camp is region 3 prisons hiring system slower

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

apply to fdoc

Hello I'm new on here I applied back in 2014 my application got sent to dade c I in January 2015 it's been there since then I recieved a email back in April to fill out the paper work for the next step but I missed it so on Monday 7-6-15 I drove to dade c I with all my paper work for the recruiting office to tell me she think I should go to south florida it would be closer to my home so on 7-10-15 I call south florida to speak to their recruiting officer for her to tell me my application should reach her by next week and I have to go to the bottom of the list like how long does the whole process takes because I know people that applied to facilities up in northern and central florida and the whole process only took like three months the max and they are in boot camp is region 3 prisons hiring system slower

Unregistered

after the physical

I did my interview, Physical, and fingerprints about 2 weeks ago. I have yet to hear anything at this point. Any input as far as how long the process typically takes from this point? Thanks.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I did my interview, Physical, and fingerprints about 2 weeks ago. I have yet to hear anything at this point. Any input as far as how long the process typically takes from this point? Thanks.

As a Correctional Officer you want to work with this kind of idiot for $29,000 a year????

"As a prison guard I don't need to go on eharmony.com or match.com because I can find a date at Lowell CI because its run like a brothel. I try to use by 5th grade education to charm the ladies, but sometimes I feel out of my league because a lot of them have teeth and they can see their own shoes."

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Right now all institutions are short on staff, I would say month or so.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by So couture View Post
    There is nothing "Honest" nor "Professional" about the FDC Hiring process. It is a complete crap shoot. The 'folks' you dealt with are nothing more the Hanging onto their own Jobs for Dear Life. Just like my post Question! 5 x 0 = always equals ZERO (0)

Unregistered

New hires

I applied to Martin the warden signed my paper and the recruiting office sent it to the regional office what happens next does it mean I got hired

Unregistered

Want my foot in the door

I applied to Zephyrhills a couple months back. I was called in last month for what was called an "official Interview". I was told at that point that its is a lengthy process. I just got a call yesterday that they want me to come back in next Tuesday. Where would you think I am in the process? How long after you interview before you know if you are hired? Any advice or enlightenment will help. Thanks.

Unregistered

Question

How far back does FDC (Florida department of Corrections) goes on back ground check

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by rock1234 View Post
    Hello, I am new here a week ago I had an interview with the Florida department of corrections. I had an interview with a Sergent and it went very fast; the Sergent said that I have a very clean record with no speeding tickets, juvenile record, or criminal record. She gave me a indication that I answer the scenario questions correctly and said that its great that I have a A.S degree in Criminal Justice Technology. She also told me that out all the applicants, that I was the easiest to finish because of my clean record and working history, because I only had one job and lived in the state of Florida all my life. She also told me that If I am approve for hire that they will start me as soon as possible. She then said that she going to do another background check on my employment history and then she will try put on the warden desk the same day. She then asked me if I wanted to know more about corrections and I say no and said, that my father is a correctional and I have some understanding of what I getting into. She then ask if you are sure and then I said, okay you can tell me. She told how the facility and told that if you are hire and you see corruption tell your supervisor. The interview ended and she said as soon as the employment background is done she will put it on the warden desk. I want to know from others experience does this mean that I have the job?
    It does not sound like you will be considered for the job. Your mistake was answering "no" when asked if you wanted to know more about corrections. It indicated a lack of interest in the position, and a lack of desire to learn. Also, I believe the Department now requires all CO's to have a Bachelor's degree; though there are some exceptions. I'm not sure if you fit into one.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast