Florida Department of Corrections Hiring Process (Opinions)
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Florida Department of Corrections Hiring Process (Opinions)

Hello, I am new here a week ago I had an interview with the Florida department of corrections. I had an interview with a Sergent and it went very fast; the Sergent said that I have a very clean record with no speeding tickets, juvenile record, or criminal record. She gave me a indication that I answer the scenario questions correctly and said that its great that I have a A.S degree in Criminal Justice Technology. She also told me that out all the applicants, that I was the easiest to finish because of my clean record and working history, because I only had one job and lived in the state of Florida all my life. She also told me that If I am approve for hire that they will start me as soon as possible. She then said that she going to do another background check on my employment history and then she will try put on the warden desk the same day. She then asked me if I wanted to know more about corrections and I say no and said, that my father is a correctional and I have some understanding of what I getting into. She then ask if you are sure and then I said, okay you can tell me. She told how the facility and told that if you are hire and you see corruption tell your supervisor. The interview ended and she said as soon as the employment background is done she will put it on the warden desk. I want to know from others experience does this mean that I have the job?

Re: Florida Department of Corrections Hiring Process (Opinio

Sounds like it. Let them pay for you to go through the academy and then go to the nearest county jail. You will have to pay them back a few bucks but it's well worth it.

You are exactly what your screen name is, at PUTZ!

Rock, it sounds like you will have a great chance at being hired. I have been with DC for 18 years and have seen the good and bad times, and the good times outweigh the bad by a lot. DC is a great career and you can make the best or worst of it, it is up to you.

The best you can do is associate with the majority of the staff which are awesome and stay away from the disgruntled ones, like Putz who apparently has too much free time as he is always posting on this site (must be one of the FMLA crew).

BTW, where did you apply?

Doc a great career? What planet are you from? I've been doing this for almost 30 years. Don't steer anyone here. They will only regret it. And in your heart of hearts . . . Whether you admit it or not . . . You know I'm right.

When did you apply Rock?

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMENDED ANYONE I LOVE TO APPLY TO ANY STATE AGENCY ESPECIALLY D.O.C. PLEASE TRY A CITY, COUNTY, OR FEDERAL AGENCY.

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMENDED ANYONE I LOVE TO APPLY TO ANY STATE AGENCY ESPECIALLY D.O.C. PLEASE TRY A CITY, COUNTY, OR FEDERAL AGENCY.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendry Putz
    Doc a great career? What planet are you from? I've been doing this for almost 30 years. Don't steer anyone here. They will only regret it. And in your heart of hearts . . . Whether you admit it or not . . . You know I'm right.
    You are correct Putz, this agency sucks. Its FUBAR everyday! Today we get an email from Nimrod :snicker: complaining about how we fill out our travel itinerary! Wow, so critical when 99% of us having been using the crappy state car for the last couple of months. I guess if you don't fill out the itinerary "correctly" you won't be eligible for the $600 bonus! :snicker: Now, lets inventory our handcuffs, vests, flashlights again and again and again and again and again! ops: ops: ops:

Last month our CA sent an email congratulating one specific office for being the office with the least amount of miles on the state car in our circuit. Not the least amount of travel reimbursement, BUT THE LEAST AMOUNT OF MILES ON THE STATE CAR. WTF?

So basically she was praising those officer for using their own cars
    or not making their contact standards. It should be noted that office has the least amount of zip codes, a smaller compact area (but high volume crime area), and no CC unit. But they got praised!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Last month our CA sent an email congratulating one specific office for being the office with the least amount of miles on the state car in our circuit. Not the least amount of travel reimbursement, BUT THE LEAST AMOUNT OF MILES ON THE STATE CAR. WTF?

So basically she was praising those officer for using their own cars
    or not making their contact standards. It should be noted that office has the least amount of zip codes, a smaller compact area (but high volume crime area), and no CC unit. But they got praised!
    Good point but no surprise. They've been focusing on the wrong stuff for years which is why we are in the mess we're in now, in my opinion. I got *****ed at for waiting until the end of the month for making my contacts. They would have been completed earlier but the car was in the shop. Then when they found out that I had no travel expenses at the end of the month their tune changed. So which is it? Get my contacts done early or reduce costs?

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast