Open Carry in the office
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Open Carry in the office

Rumor has it that open carry in the office has been approved. A deal was reached with central office and the Teamsters. Has anyone else heard this?

Re: Open Carry in the office

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Rumor has it that open carry in the office has been approved. A deal was reached with central office and the Teamsters. Has anyone else heard this?
    Wow screw us out of 5% and special comp and act like they did something with that :lol:. It is better than having to secure them however like now if true.

JJ told us it was going to be concealed carry.

No this is just rumor. It's a bad idea all around anyway. As I've said before, a probation officer carrying a firearm is a lot like a septic tank repairman carrying a lighter; it's not necessary and is extraordinarily dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by John Augustus
    No this is just rumor. It's a bad idea all around anyway. As I've said before, a probation officer carrying a firearm is a lot like a septic tank repairman carrying a lighter; it's not necessary and is extraordinarily dangerous.

Will you please retire. Social Workers like you are no longer needed. The time of John Augustus has long passed.

Complacency is more dangerous. John A obviously subscribes to the "tomorrow will be like today" theory in which past events are used to predict the future. Its dangerous. There isn't the slightest inclination to believe that or act that way. Offenders go from light to heavy drug users, stop taking medications, domestic situations escalate, they buy new dangerous pets without notice, they have unknown family and persons living with them, etc. All these examples are "unknowns" that can change your life forever. Do you live with these people? Are they family? Then we can assume you don't know as much about them as you think you do. John A's field work must be very uneventful, which is something I can't say. There have been plenty of times when I was glad I had the protection paid for by the Dept, the training, and my own awareness. You can call me alot of things but a target isn't one of them. Let's see who would survive any given incident: the officer who makes use of his issued equipment or the one who has his equipment in his closet at home. When Im in the field I am easily identifiable and that also is a good thing, both to the police and the public. I dont want someone calling the police about a guy walking around in alleys and yards at night. I'm not asking John A to retire, but please stop commenting about probation officers who carry firearms. He doesnt have the capacity or expertise to comment on such things. I'm glad we dont have field partners, because Id probably get stuck with someone like him.

Are you even a CO or CPO or just an offender trolling ? :wink:

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, Fat Boy! :snicker:

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel W E Kurtz
    Complacency is more dangerous. John A obviously subscribes to the "tomorrow will be like today" theory in which past events are used to predict the future. Its dangerous. There isn't the slightest inclination to believe that or act that way. Offenders go from light to heavy drug users, stop taking medications, domestic situations escalate, they buy new dangerous pets without notice, they have unknown family and persons living with them, etc. All these examples are "unknowns" that can change your life forever. Do you live with these people? Are they family? Then we can assume you don't know as much about them as you think you do. John A's field work must be very uneventful, which is something I can't say. There have been plenty of times when I was glad I had the protection paid for by the Dept, the training, and my own awareness. You can call me alot of things but a target isn't one of them. Let's see who would survive any given incident: the officer who makes use of his issued equipment or the one who has his equipment in his closet at home. When Im in the field I am easily identifiable and that also is a good thing, both to the police and the public. I dont want someone calling the police about a guy walking around in alleys and yards at night. I'm not asking John A to retire, but please stop commenting about probation officers who carry firearms. He doesnt have the capacity or expertise to comment on such things. I'm glad we dont have field partners, because Id probably get stuck with someone like him.
    Whatever. Believe what you want. I've seen the PO's who carry, and most of them aren't even half as competent as real LEO's. I've also seen the level of training the Department affords, which doesn't even scratch the surface of the training that real LEO's receive at the Academy and during career service. Also, what about psychological exams? Why is it that police departments and sheriff's offices all over the state (and country for that matter) require every officer to pass a rigorous psychological examination before even being allowed to touch a department issued firearm, let alone carry one, but DOC has no such requirement? The answer is that DOC knows most of the PO's won't pass the psych eval.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Are you even a CO or CPO or just an offender trolling ? :wink:
    Just trolling for YOU. I know who you are.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast