Dash Cam Scam
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dash Cam Scam

Dash Cam Scam

Hmm, guess the new hot rods weren't such a great idea after all. Guess the digital video somehow does not record on an internal hard drive that cannot be erased. I guess it's all controlled by the officer. I guess that motorcycle chased itself. I do take offense Fatass John Trevena saying the officer killed the motorcyclist. I don't care why he ran, what he did, or what policy says. The motorcyclist killed himself by driving like a dumbass. It's grey when you're trying to stop a bike that is going 120. You do have to catch up. But when you zip past all those cycles like that just to prove a point you ****ed up. The Camaro is fast, but that doesn't mean you have to show off. I'd say the **** up was not leaving the video on a little longer. At 500' I don't know that you could have seen the crash. But obviously JT is jumping on that. This is why sports cars for special units is a bad idea. you let it go to your head and chase people for stupid shit. I call bullshit on saying you were never in pursuit. Those little details just catch up with you. See how long the street rods last now.

Re: Dash Cam Scam

Quote Originally Posted by Copper Buttons
    Hmm, guess the new hot rods weren't such a great idea after all. Guess the digital video somehow does not record on an internal hard drive that cannot be erased. I guess it's all controlled by the officer. I guess that motorcycle chased itself. I do take offense Fatass John Trevena saying the officer killed the motorcyclist. I don't care why he ran, what he did, or what policy says. The motorcyclist killed himself by driving like a dumbass. It's grey when you're trying to stop a bike that is going 120. You do have to catch up. But when you zip past all those cycles like that just to prove a point you ****ed up. The Camaro is fast, but that doesn't mean you have to show off. I'd say the **** up was not leaving the video on a little longer. At 500' I don't know that you could have seen the crash. But obviously JT is jumping on that. This is why sports cars for special units is a bad idea. you let it go to your head and chase people for stupid shit. I call bullshit on saying you were never in pursuit. Those little details just catch up with you. See how long the street rods last now.
    Don't we have a no chase policy in place?

To prove fleeing and eluding, one would have to go high speed to catch up to a already speeding vehicle and then be able to testify or get on tape, the failure to stop after you have caught up to them. Police departments everywhere have put themselves in such tight boxes with we only chase violent felonies that extreme cases of reckless driving which is just as deadly to the violator, officer, and innocent public drivers have to be ignored by policy. Liability, is often the logic, but when proving a reckless or fleeing charge, pursing a high speed violator to catch up to them looks exactly like a pursuit. The policy needs to be amended to include aggravated traffic offenses that endanger the innocent public. This flexibility covers the officer and can be terminated by the officer or a supervisor based on the circumstances.

Clock somebody speeding from a stationary position, pull out with lights and siren going climbing to high speed to close on the speeder, to anybody that sees this, it looks like a pursuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hour
    To prove fleeing and eluding, one would have to go high speed to catch up to a already speeding vehicle and then be able to testify or get on tape, the failure to stop after you have caught up to them. Police departments everywhere have put themselves in such tight boxes with we only chase violent felonies that extreme cases of reckless driving which is just as deadly to the violator, officer, and innocent public drivers have to be ignored by policy. Liability, is often the logic, but when proving a reckless or fleeing charge, pursing a high speed violator to catch up to them looks exactly like a pursuit. The policy needs to be amended to include aggravated traffic offenses that endanger the innocent public. This flexibility covers the officer and can be terminated by the officer or a supervisor based on the circumstances.
    That is a no no, traffic related including reckless will not be pursuit. Violent felons only. Lets not forget , you crash we call pull the black box. The box will allow us STAff, determine how fast you were driving.

Technically speaking it really wasn't a pursuit, since we were trying to initiate a stop on two separate speeding motorcyles. The reprimand is for using poor judgement for trying to initiate a traffic stop on a speeder, one by the way, is a constant problem with motorcyles racing on the causeway. Wonder how Sheriff Grady Judd would have handled this? " These motorcyles are a danger to every citizen on the highway, heck we just had one kill himself and a slower scooter just a couple of days ago due to their out of control speed. The real cause of this motorcycles demise was his poor choice to drive at that rate of speed, and he must not have cared about his girlfriend for putting her in that great of danger either. My officers were trying to combat this problem and enforce the law"

The difference is that the Polk County Sheriff says it like it is, not the politically correct or blame everyone including the police for the stupid things people do and refuse to accept the responsibility for their actions.
    Those cyclists have been an ongoing problem on the causeway for about 20 years.

Technically speaking it really wasn't a pursuit, since we were trying to initiate a stop on two separate speeding motorcyles. The reprimand is for using poor judgement for trying to initiate a traffic stop on a speeder, one by the way, is a constant problem with motorcyles racing on the causeway. Wonder how Sheriff Grady Judd would have handled this? " These motorcyles are a danger to every citizen on the highway, heck we just had one kill himself and a slower scooter just a couple of days ago due to their out of control speed. The real cause of this motorcycles demise was his poor choice to drive at that rate of speed, and he must not have cared about his girlfriend for putting her in that great of danger either. My officers were trying to combat this problem and enforce the law"
    Officer is lucky he still have a job, according to the report the officer's top was 145 mph. Are you freaking kidding me? Gross negligent is you ask any attorney. Clearwater police will pay big time $$$$$$ on a civil sue. This was strictly traffic, can anyone please justify 145 mph. Nationwide for the past 10 years , most dept. have a no chase policy when it comes to traffic. The sgt. And lt that were monitering the radio are going to eat it as well. In today's society don't think , they won't go after your pension. I know this will not be the end to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sao
    Officer is lucky he still have a job, according to the report the officer's top was 145 mph. Are you freaking kidding me? Gross negligent is you ask any attorney. Clearwater police will pay big time $$$$$$ on a civil sue. This was strictly traffic, can anyone please justify 145 mph. Nationwide for the past 10 years , most dept. have a no chase policy when it comes to traffic. The sgt. And lt that were monitering the radio are going to eat it as well. In today's society don't think , they won't go after your pension. I know this will not be the end to this.
    Police work requires common sense, 145 mph lacks of common sense. I would love to see the officer testify as why he sped 145 mph? For a traffic stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Briscoe
    The difference is that the Polk County Sheriff says it like it is, not the politically correct or blame everyone including the police for the stupid things people do and refuse to accept the responsibility for their actions.
    Those cyclists have been an ongoing problem on the causeway for about 20 years.
    How refreshing, Lenny. Let it play our w/o comments throwing him under the bus from all of the liberal, college pussies CPD hires these days?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast