professional courtesy

professional courtesy

A couple of days ago I was stopped for speed by one of your officers on Coronado during dayshift. He had me at 15 over, no argument there. I do not remember his name but I wanted to say thank you again to him and all the Cape officers out there for your professionalism and courtesy. He had me dead to rights but held up the brotherhood by just telling me to have a good day. It won't be forgotten and will always be returned. LCSO and CCPD have always had a good relationship and this just solidifies it. I will always have your backs.

Thanks again.

Re: professional courtesy

It's too bad that cannot be said about LCSO holding up the brotherhood. Too many of your guys have written off duty cops and even cops on duty speeding citations...maybe they can take a page out of the CCPD Book and do us "city boys" a solid from time to time. :?

In all honesty, if I were doing 15 over I would be embarrassed to say I was an LEO and just out there breaking the law. Then to put on an open forum that another officer cut me a break because we both wear uniforms makes it worse. Somewhere, there's something called ethics where you don't use the blue for your advantage. The LCSO should have kept his mouth shut, ate the ticket and thanked the CCPD officer for his professionalism in doing his job - just like anyone else should do.

theres a big difference between letting someone off for speeding and doin something unethical. i dont consider it unethical at all. we have discretion to make certain arrests and write tickets. No where anywhere does it say you are required to write a citation on a traffic stop.

with that being said if any of my brothers wrote a fellow another officer they are dead to me, they may as well quite cause they wont get any respet

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    theres a big difference between letting someone off for speeding and doin something unethical. i dont consider it unethical at all. we have discretion to make certain arrests and write tickets. No where anywhere does it say you are required to write a citation on a traffic stop.

with that being said if any of my brothers wrote a fellow another officer they are dead to me, they may as well quite cause they wont get any respet
    How does someone "quite" and earn your respet?

And please don't write a fellow another officer..... :lol:

This is exactly why the public has no respect for police officers. Thinking it is ok to let a brother off for doing 15 over...quit shaking your head while reading this...we can hear the rocks rattling. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Pathetic
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest

How does someone "quite" and earn your respet?

And please don't write a fellow another officer..... :lol:

This is exactly why the public has no respect for police officers. Thinking it is ok to let a brother off for doing 15 over...quit shaking your head while reading this...we can hear the rocks rattling. :lol:
    Your screen name is apropos ! I guess that you must assume, that we write Summonses, to every person that we stop. Hey Mr. Pathetic, we give warnings to any Jo blow citizen, therefore, why wouldn't we give a warning to someone whom has a relative in Law Enforcement?