SINKING SHIP - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: SINKING SHIP

Re: SINKING SHIP

[quote=crime prevention][quote=MBrowne]
    Quote Originally Posted by "crime prevention":j6jbhny3
    Quote Originally Posted by "Captgsdwnw/ship":j6jbhny3
    The city is and for the past 10 years has been a shithole. The only ones who could save the city and bring it back to beautiful old Hollywood was the police. Now they are quitting left and right. I myself cant and don't want the city I live in to be run down into a crime haven like Chicago. As it is I already have to walk around with my firearm at all times (its the smart thing to do in sofla) Regardless of what the city pays and how bad the benefits are there have to be some brave people who always had a dream of being a cop and now is the time for that dream to be fulfilled. Get in, pass academy and FTO and go to work cleaning the city up, sounds like a great plan. I'll be applying for officer ASAP even if its the worst place to work right now. This country wasn't founded on running away from problems it was about having the courage to fix them. (not blaming HPD Officers, they have to make money to live and I'd jump ship too if the city stole from me)

well now that that rant is over, even though the condition of the department is deplorable there are still officers out there doing their job. As for that, I ask that I'd like to see some officers on the Westside actually patrolling the neighborhoods, not just riding up and down 441,64,66,68,70,72. Were getting hit hard by burglaries out here and its the typical scum again and I myself cant seem to catch them in the act. Just because the pay sucks and morale is low doesn't mean people have to be abandoned. People out here are, police officers, police explorers, civilian PD employees, Fire rescue personnel, retirees, Kids who are nothing but innocent (12&under). Everyone's house is getting hit out here and its only a matter of time before something really really bad happens. I know its a long shot asking for this, but hey its better than keeping quiet.

The public out here is in support of you guys, we know the city did you all wrong and don't blame you for jumping ship but we can't do it all ourselves. Now that its hit local news about officers leaving just wait...the shit has yet to hit the fan.
    The thugs are not all dummies. They know where there is a police shortage and focus on those areas to commit their crimes. The people voted to cut pensions and the city with their state of emergency took money away from the department and now all of them expect the police to deal with the crime when there was a shortage of officers to begin with. You can't have it both ways and some people don't get it or don't want to. If you decrease pay and cut benefits people will leave. Why should police officers be any different than those in the private sector. How many of those who agreed to cut pensions changed employers in order to make more money?

REMEMBER IT WAS THE RESIDENTS WHO VOTED TO CHANGE THE PENSIONS. THE UNION WARNED THE CITY THIS WOULD HAPPEN, THE CITY RESPONSE" LET THEM LEAVE, WE WILL FIND REPLACEMENTS." WEST HOLLYWOOD RESIDENTS, YOU VOTED AGAINST THE CHANGES, SO THE RESOURCES IN WEST HOLLYWOOD WERE MOVED TO THE EAST SIDE AND EMERALD HILL.[/quote:j6jbhny3]

The people most active in that were residents of Hillcrest who showed up at city hall meeting. They boasted about how they were encouraging other condo owners to vote to change the pension. The same people who are 55 and up in many fo the buildings and live in some where a standard rescue stretcher cannot fit in the elevator and rescue has to carry the person on the stretcher down the stairs at times. Elderly people are also often the targets of criminals and yet they are the ones who wanted the pension changes. Often times they are also the most demanding people to deal with.[/quote:j6jbhny3]

Why wasn't the pension changed for the Mayor and commissioners? Part time positions with full time pensions and free medical. The City has 5 different contracts and only made changed to 3 of them. Shity hall will continue to lie, steal, beg until the State steps in and takes over. 97% of the officers want BSO to take over the Police Dept. FF is a puppet himself to CSR and VA is a power hungry vindictive pos who couldn't find his way out of a baseball field.... :devil:

[quote=MBrowne][quote=crime prevention]
    Quote Originally Posted by MBrowne
    Quote Originally Posted by "crime prevention":26cadub4
    Quote Originally Posted by "Captgsdwnw/ship":26cadub4
    The city is and for the past 10 years has been a shithole. The only ones who could save the city and bring it back to beautiful old Hollywood was the police. Now they are quitting left and right. I myself cant and don't want the city I live in to be run down into a crime haven like Chicago. As it is I already have to walk around with my firearm at all times (its the smart thing to do in sofla) Regardless of what the city pays and how bad the benefits are there have to be some brave people who always had a dream of being a cop and now is the time for that dream to be fulfilled. Get in, pass academy and FTO and go to work cleaning the city up, sounds like a great plan. I'll be applying for officer ASAP even if its the worst place to work right now. This country wasn't founded on running away from problems it was about having the courage to fix them. (not blaming HPD Officers, they have to make money to live and I'd jump ship too if the city stole from me)

well now that that rant is over, even though the condition of the department is deplorable there are still officers out there doing their job. As for that, I ask that I'd like to see some officers on the Westside actually patrolling the neighborhoods, not just riding up and down 441,64,66,68,70,72. Were getting hit hard by burglaries out here and its the typical scum again and I myself cant seem to catch them in the act. Just because the pay sucks and morale is low doesn't mean people have to be abandoned. People out here are, police officers, police explorers, civilian PD employees, Fire rescue personnel, retirees, Kids who are nothing but innocent (12&under). Everyone's house is getting hit out here and its only a matter of time before something really really bad happens. I know its a long shot asking for this, but hey its better than keeping quiet.

The public out here is in support of you guys, we know the city did you all wrong and don't blame you for jumping ship but we can't do it all ourselves. Now that its hit local news about officers leaving just wait...the shit has yet to hit the fan.
    The thugs are not all dummies. They know where there is a police shortage and focus on those areas to commit their crimes. The people voted to cut pensions and the city with their state of emergency took money away from the department and now all of them expect the police to deal with the crime when there was a shortage of officers to begin with. You can't have it both ways and some people don't get it or don't want to. If you decrease pay and cut benefits people will leave. Why should police officers be any different than those in the private sector. How many of those who agreed to cut pensions changed employers in order to make more money?

REMEMBER IT WAS THE RESIDENTS WHO VOTED TO CHANGE THE PENSIONS. THE UNION WARNED THE CITY THIS WOULD HAPPEN, THE CITY RESPONSE" LET THEM LEAVE, WE WILL FIND REPLACEMENTS." WEST HOLLYWOOD RESIDENTS, YOU VOTED AGAINST THE CHANGES, SO THE RESOURCES IN WEST HOLLYWOOD WERE MOVED TO THE EAST SIDE AND EMERALD HILL.
    The people most active in that were residents of Hillcrest who showed up at city hall meeting. They boasted about how they were encouraging other condo owners to vote to change the pension. The same people who are 55 and up in many fo the buildings and live in some where a standard rescue stretcher cannot fit in the elevator and rescue has to carry the person on the stretcher down the stairs at times. Elderly people are also often the targets of criminals and yet they are the ones who wanted the pension changes. Often times they are also the most demanding people to deal with.[/quote:26cadub4]

Why wasn't the pension changed for the Mayor and commissioners? Part time positions with full time pensions and free medical. The City has 5 different contracts and only made changed to 3 of them. Shity hall will continue to lie, steal, beg until the State steps in and takes over. 97% of the officers want BSO to take over the Police Dept. FF is a puppet himself to CSR and VA is a power hungry vindictive pos who couldn't find his way out of a baseball field.... :devil:[/quote:26cadub4]

The feds need to come and investigate the city. There is far too much corruption going on within city hall. How else can you explain all the money going to developers and pet projects when the city is broke. You do not have to be a rocket scientist in order to see you need to stop spending as the real estate bubble burst, homes are going into foreclosure, and property value is going down. The city has been deflecting their incompentence on it's employees and that is a shame. We can only hope that people wake up and see what is really going on at city hall.

Come on folks, lets face it. The city nor the administration cares about the employees. No one is doing anything about the mass of officers leaving the city. The only thing they do is just sit around on their pedastels and point fingers at each other why so many officers are leaving. Get ready their are going to be many more officers leaving. Crime is gonna sky rocket and the investigations are going to be at a all time low. Good luck.

[quote=MBrowne][quote=crime prevention]
    Quote Originally Posted by "crime prevention":2endzf2t
    Quote Originally Posted by "Captgsdwnw/ship":2endzf2t

REMEMBER IT WAS THE RESIDENTS WHO VOTED TO CHANGE THE PENSIONS. THE UNION WARNED THE CITY THIS WOULD HAPPEN, THE CITY RESPONSE" LET THEM LEAVE, WE WILL FIND REPLACEMENTS." WEST HOLLYWOOD RESIDENTS, YOU VOTED AGAINST THE CHANGES, SO THE RESOURCES IN WEST HOLLYWOOD WERE MOVED TO THE EAST SIDE AND EMERALD HILL.
    The people most active in that were residents of Hillcrest who showed up at city hall meeting. They boasted about how they were encouraging other condo owners to vote to change the pension. The same people who are 55 and up in many fo the buildings and live in some where a standard rescue stretcher cannot fit in the elevator and rescue has to carry the person on the stretcher down the stairs at times. Elderly people are also often the targets of criminals and yet they are the ones who wanted the pension changes. Often times they are also the most demanding people to deal with.[/quote:2endzf2t]

Why wasn't the pension changed for the Mayor and commissioners? Part time positions with full time pensions and free medical. The City has 5 different contracts and only made changed to 3 of them. Shity hall will continue to lie, steal, beg until the State steps in and takes over. 97% of the officers want BSO to take over the Police Dept. FF is a puppet himself to CSR and VA is a power hungry vindictive pos who couldn't find his way out of a baseball field.... :devil:[/quote:2endzf2t]
    The homeowners with the most money ( (east lakes, emerald hills) are the ones who did not support the police/fire/general employees, even though they suck up most of the resources. THey cry to a commissioner and they take officers from out west to baby sit the east. This is the problem and the west side residents and the west side city commissioners need to get real and demand their fair share of the dwindling resources. Officers have not given up catching bad guys but when you are working so shorthanded that you don't have a spare person to back you up while trying to stop an armed robbery suspect or a burglary suspect it makes it difficult to do your job effectively and safely. The old city commission brought this on themselves and are still publicly deny that they created this emergency even though they were warned well over 2 years ago that this would happen. Most of the city commission does not care about the employees and thus they don't care about their residents or they would do something about this. Instead Peter Bober is worried about a concrete diamond in downtown hollywood? That shows you where his priorities are.

The city manager get needs to be fired. She created this mess with some of the commission. Fire Cathy!!!!!! Fire Boober!!! Fire Blattner!!! Hey Blattner I thought you said just some mis malcontents were going to BSO. Well there are 20 or more officers looking to go. So what do you have to say now you old goat??? Lets Go BSO!!!!

[quote=Guest][quote=MBrowne]
    Quote Originally Posted by crime prevention
    Quote Originally Posted by "crime prevention":1bgsxbfy
    Quote Originally Posted by "Captgsdwnw/ship":1bgsxbfy

The people most active in that were residents of Hillcrest who showed up at city hall meeting. They boasted about how they were encouraging other condo owners to vote to change the pension. The same people who are 55 and up in many fo the buildings and live in some where a standard rescue stretcher cannot fit in the elevator and rescue has to carry the person on the stretcher down the stairs at times. Elderly people are also often the targets of criminals and yet they are the ones who wanted the pension changes. Often times they are also the most demanding people to deal with.
    Why wasn't the pension changed for the Mayor and commissioners? Part time positions with full time pensions and free medical. The City has 5 different contracts and only made changed to 3 of them. Shity hall will continue to lie, steal, beg until the State steps in and takes over. 97% of the officers want BSO to take over the Police Dept. FF is a puppet himself to CSR and VA is a power hungry vindictive pos who couldn't find his way out of a baseball field.... :devil:[/quote:1bgsxbfy]
    The homeowners with the most money ( (east lakes, emerald hills) are the ones who did not support the police/fire/general employees, even though they suck up most of the resources. THey cry to a commissioner and they take officers from out west to baby sit the east. This is the problem and the west side residents and the west side city commissioners need to get real and demand their fair share of the dwindling resources. Officers have not given up catching bad guys but when you are working so shorthanded that you don't have a spare person to back you up while trying to stop an armed robbery suspect or a burglary suspect it makes it difficult to do your job effectively and safely. The old city commission brought this on themselves and are still publicly deny that they created this emergency even though they were warned well over 2 years ago that this would happen. Most of the city commission does not care about the employees and thus they don't care about their residents or they would do something about this. Instead Peter Bober is worried about a concrete diamond in downtown hollywood? That shows you where his priorities are.[/quote:1bgsxbfy] Let's go BSO Let's go BSO Let's go BSO

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by *****esthesedays
    Quote Originally Posted by howstupidru
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussssst sayin
    Hollyhood police is the laughing stock of broward county when it comes to who they're hiring now a days. I spent or should say (wasted) 6 long years in a program for Hollywood in hopes that one day my dreams would be fulfilled and I would be hired as an officer. 6 loooong years ago, you could call "hollywoods finest" and no ones knees would buckle at the thought of this because common sense was common and everyone had each others backs.

6 years later..... I'm still in this shitty program and yes, it will probably help me get hired else where, walking into HPD is def not the same. Everyone's pissed off, no body works which is understandable. And they're hiring retards off the block. I used to dream of being a sworn officer in Hollywood, but now I'd prefer to even work for Fhp because my 94 might have a little more brains than some of these fools they've hired. I understand hiring people that look good on paper is okay, but sometimes that's not all that matters. Hearing a recruit ask his training officer on mids, "really, 47s hide shit in their cracks and I'm gonna have to look?" And being serious makes me think someone (or everyone) upstairs has had a lapse of judgement. I'm not one to speak, but you work in the shit, you should know you'll be playing in it one day ....... Literally.

Maybe, it be better if Hollyhood does go to bso (even though I'm against it) because this dept is slowly being overrun with 20s.

......and I'll slowly wait in hopes of this dept seeing some brightness in the day, while I keep fhp on my priority list.
    You should go to FHP where they do traffic related police work. And before you go maybe you should look up the policy on searches of persons. You are a fool and an idiot who may end up indicted if you think you can stop a 47 for loitering and search their crack you stupid stupid fool. You better know when and how you can search a person and don't try and bully a rookie into following your corrupt way. The rookie will have a job down the road and you will be someone's ***** in prison for unlawful search and detainment. What a stupid stupid jerk you are for saying and doing what you posted.

And just maybe you should learn how to read, buddy. I never said the 47 was stopped for loitering...... Take your panties out of your asscrack. If I read correctly (which I do) I never stated what she was stopped for.
    Dude, are you serious? you need to take your "special helmet" off your head and read the policy for searching a person. I wonder what circumstance you think you can check anyones body crack? Please respond but please check the policy first. And your the one who's going to be wearing the panties when you go to Fed prison because you feel so tough that you can do and say whatever you want. YOU CAN NOT. It is a different day and time and cops go to prison every day. If you want to go, have at it, but do not influence someone else with your over-the-top stupidity and machismo. The fact that you would even publicly post your idiotic thoughts on violating someones rights on this site shows that you are a uneducated, untrained naive officer in need of retraining.
    [color=#4000BFhttp://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Officials-Question-Lakeland-Bra-Shaking-Police-Search--212323991.html][/color]

Quote Originally Posted by searches
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by *****esthesedays
    Quote Originally Posted by howstupidru
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussssst sayin
    Hollyhood police is the laughing stock of broward county when it comes to who they're hiring now a days. I spent or should say (wasted) 6 long years in a program for Hollywood in hopes that one day my dreams would be fulfilled and I would be hired as an officer. 6 loooong years ago, you could call "hollywoods finest" and no ones knees would buckle at the thought of this because common sense was common and everyone had each others backs.

6 years later..... I'm still in this shitty program and yes, it will probably help me get hired else where, walking into HPD is def not the same. Everyone's pissed off, no body works which is understandable. And they're hiring retards off the block. I used to dream of being a sworn officer in Hollywood, but now I'd prefer to even work for Fhp because my 94 might have a little more brains than some of these fools they've hired. I understand hiring people that look good on paper is okay, but sometimes that's not all that matters. Hearing a recruit ask his training officer on mids, "really, 47s hide shit in their cracks and I'm gonna have to look?" And being serious makes me think someone (or everyone) upstairs has had a lapse of judgement. I'm not one to speak, but you work in the shit, you should know you'll be playing in it one day ....... Literally.

Maybe, it be better if Hollyhood does go to bso (even though I'm against it) because this dept is slowly being overrun with 20s.

......and I'll slowly wait in hopes of this dept seeing some brightness in the day, while I keep fhp on my priority list.
    You should go to FHP where they do traffic related police work. And before you go maybe you should look up the policy on searches of persons. You are a fool and an idiot who may end up indicted if you think you can stop a 47 for loitering and search their crack you stupid stupid fool. You better know when and how you can search a person and don't try and bully a rookie into following your corrupt way. The rookie will have a job down the road and you will be someone's ***** in prison for unlawful search and detainment. What a stupid stupid jerk you are for saying and doing what you posted.

And just maybe you should learn how to read, buddy. I never said the 47 was stopped for loitering...... Take your panties out of your asscrack. If I read correctly (which I do) I never stated what she was stopped for.
    You better read this buddy http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Offi ... 23991.html ops:
    Dude, are you serious? you need to take your "special helmet" off your head and read the policy for searching a person. I wonder what circumstance you think you can check anyones body crack? Please respond but please check the policy first. And your the one who's going to be wearing the panties when you go to Fed prison because you feel so tough that you can do and say whatever you want. YOU CAN NOT. It is a different day and time and cops go to prison every day. If you want to go, have at it, but do not influence someone else with your over-the-top stupidity and machismo. The fact that you would even publicly post your idiotic thoughts on violating someones rights on this site shows that you are a uneducated, untrained naive officer in need of retraining.
    [color=#4000BFhttp://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Officials-Question-Lakeland-Bra-Shaking-Police-Search--212323991.html][/color]

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567