Hiring, how, why, good?

Hiring, how, why, good?

Any information on getting hired? How about DOC? I am former cop from Fl with both Leo and doc experience. I don't have the typical Florida attitude and have family in North Georgia, any help would be great appreciated.
    Thanks
    FlLeo

Re: Hiring, how, why, good?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Any information on getting hired? How about DOC? I am former cop from Fl with both Leo and doc experience. I don't have the typical Florida attitude and have family in North Georgia, any help would be great appreciated.
    Thanks
    FlLeo
    What is a typical Fl attitude? Please educate. Is it because you were called a turn key hack?

Re: Hiring, how, why, good?

How far north? Stay away from DOC. Here are some good county Sheriff's Offices just north of Atlanta: Gwinnett, Hall, Cobb, Cherokee, Forsyth. There are also some very nice PD's just north of Atlanta: Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Roswell, Milton, Dunwoody, Cobb County, Gwinnett County. In GA, just like FL, the Sheriff is the highest LE authority in the county per the Constitution. However, In the counties where there is a county PD, the Sheriff TYPICALLY does not handle any 9-1-1 calls but CAN if desired. Typically those S.O.'s only handle writs, courts, jail & transport.
    *** Of the 159 GA counties, about 25 have county police departments.