Recruiting Veterans
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Recruiting Veterans

Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office

The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is a strong advocate of and is committed to employing our U.S. veterans. These admired and respected men and women uphold many of the same values that are a critical part of our agency’s core values and overall culture. There is a powerful reason why veterans are admired, respected and sought out to fill important roles in their communities. Leadership is instilled in their core set of values as well as traits such as loyalty, dependability, enthusiasm, initiative, integrity and judgment.

These are the exact characteristics the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office looks for in a qualified candidate, and we stand dedicated to finding and hiring individuals that not only exhibit such traits but consistently apply them in all that they do. We are proud of Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office sworn and civilian personnel currently defending our country.

To be eligible, a veteran must be honorably separated and either a preference eligible or have substantially completed three or more years of active service. Veterans with specific questions regarding employment opportunities with the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, may contact Detective Jeremy Davis, Recruitment and Screening Section at (813) 247-8070 or 247-0867 or via email at
    jdavis@hcso.tampa.fl.us.

Lightbulb Re: Recruiting Veterans

Unless you have a tattoo or smoke. Or don't have a 2-4 year degree. Or the absolute sin, you have a brain and actually make decisions. :devil:

Re: Recruiting Veterans

Quote Originally Posted by tatooed and Smoking
    Unless you have a tattoo or smoke. Or don't have a 2-4 year degree. Or the absolute sin, you have a brain and actually make decisions. :devil:
    I guess I'm screwed if I ever wanted to try and come back. :snicker: :snicker:

They like 20 year olds with tattoos and shaved arms and legs.

If you live in Pasco, Pinellas, Polk or Manatee County, do you get the take home car?

Quote Originally Posted by wantabe
    If you live in Pasco, Pinellas, Polk or Manatee County, do you get the take home car?

Yes. You pay a small fee for the mileage that you drive outside the county to your residence or like some you can leave it at the county line or a toll plaza or fire station.

How important is the credit check in regards to employment? I just received the email for my PAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Interested Veteran
    How important is the credit check in regards to employment? I just received the email for my PAA.

Very. They will not hire you if you have bad credit.

So they do allow tattoos or not? I read in the other thread, titled "tattoos", that they allow them. As long as you wear the long sleeve shirt while on duty. I have them but not on my hands, face, or neck. One on left and right arm.

Of course the allow tattoos!!! If you have anything that shows in a short sleeve you must always wear a long sleeve shirt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast