FWC academy 2013??
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

FWC academy 2013??

okay so i submitted my people first application on 04/02/2013. im in the process of submitting my suplemental application. it says the close date is 04/30/2013 but everything is due 15 days prior to the closing date( i.e supplemental and all the documents) so my question is when is everything due? because i called the training center and they said may 15th. and when does the 2013 academy start?

Re: FWC academy 2013??

If you make it through the process, you ae probably looking at 6 months or more before you get into an academy.

Plenty of time to apply to other agencies that pay better and get hired.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    If you make it through the process, you ae probably looking at 6 months or more before you get into an academy.
    okay thanks for the info. whats the academy like? do you have to get tasered or pepper sprayed? and whats all involved in the medical exam? I go every year to my doctor just to get a basic physical( No bloodwork because i hate needles). So i was wondering if i could just use that as a medical exam or do they send you somewhere?

if your not dying you will pass medical. You will take a 5 second ride via taser with alligator clips and you will be pepper sprayed while fighting. it will be great. everyone does it, no big deal. be prepared to run or swim every morning around 5 am.

if you fail any of the first days initial physical test you are done. say its pushups, situps etc. if you fail pushups, you will not see the situp portion. it will be bye-bye

you wont get rich but its a good job

It is a little known secret that the FWC Academy is pretty tough. And after the academy you will continue to train and train. You will do lots of tactical shooting execises etc.
    The secrets out. At FWC , We train. If you can handle FWC then you can handle any agency training out there.

Hint. If you are afraid of being Peppered and Lit up by the Taser. You may want to re consider your carrer choice. You will be tased , sprayed , slammed around and hit with batons. Oh yeah ! Gotta experience it now so it does not freak you out in the street ... or trail ... or boat. You get my drift.

Yes I know how to spell career. It was a typo ... geez

Quote Originally Posted by Tased
    Hint. If you are afraid of being Peppered and Lit up by the Taser. You may want to re consider your carrer choice. You will be tased , sprayed , slammed around and hit with batons. Oh yeah ! Gotta experience it now so it does not freak you out in the street ... or trail ... or boat. You get my drift.
    Yeah i agree 110%. I was just curious. I'm more worried about the pepper spray but the taser isnt the best feeling either. I've seen some where a person is standing up with two people on both sides of him and he is hit with the darts so i was curious if thats how they do it or is it done differently, and as far as pepper spray do they stand 6 inches from your face and spray you or how do they do the pepperspray.

Quote Originally Posted by yupper
    if your not dying you will pass medical. You will take a 5 second ride via taser with alligator clips and you will be pepper sprayed while fighting. it will be great. everyone does it, no big deal. be prepared to run or swim every morning around 5 am.

if you fail any of the first days initial physical test you are done. say its pushups, situps etc. if you fail pushups, you will not see the situp portion. it will be bye-bye

you wont get rich but its a good job
    I'm starting to prepare myself. I was in Army JROTC in high school so my discepline is good as far as waking up and following orders and staying in shape. Every year i go to the doctors for just a regular sports physical with no blood work, so i was curious if i could use that for my medical exam( when the time comes) or do they send you to a doctor of their choice?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast