Raises - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Raises

Re: Raises

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Lieutenant Colonel that came over from DEP. He was at 99,999 at the merger, now 117,000. Wow, what a surprise. So is that 5%, I am kind of lost. I know he was at 104,000 after the merger because of pay parity. Even though many of the merger guys on the bottom didn't get anything if they were above base. Guess he is under paid as a top tier worker.

Be glad you guys have jobs by the way. Now that is a funny statement that I am sick of hearing.
    He must have pissed in your Kool-Aid at one point the way you are tracking him. Before you ask, I am an officer making less than 34,000. I just don't see any point in bringing anyone above the rank of Captain into a discussion regarding pay. Their pay is not governed by anything the PBA negotiates and if you want to compare his pay, compare it to a LtCol with similar time in grade.
    Either you are new or worthless. Any person or worker who does not see a problem with a top worker getting 17% in less then a year at the same time being told to the bottom workers that money is non existent, is well, you know what I am going to say.

Bet you are not a 34K worker. Willing to bet my next hours wage of $15.78. If you don't see a problem with someone getting 17% in raises in one year without promoting to anything, you are part of the problem. He didn't change jobs to get that money, he was sitting on his butt and got it. How many 17% raises you gotten in the last year???? I bet I know that answer. None.

PBA, bring it to the media. It should read:

High ranking officials padding own salaries to boost own retirement while bottom workers qualify for welfare.

Try it for a change. What we got to lose. another $50 raise.
    Listen up bonehead, You would lose on your bet. I am not a new worker and I told you how much I make. If you think the PBA has anything to do with the pay scale of anyone over the rank of Captain, you are badly mistaken. That would be decided by the Colonel and the commission, if you have an issue, take it up with them. Regarding your comment about taking it to the media, you really are a moron. This past year when people were being terminated and positions cut, the Senate and House gave 50,000.00 and up raises to their staffs. It was reported in the papers and quickly forgotten. While I do not not like my pay, I am smart enough to know where our pay comes from and who authorizes it which is the house and senate.

And folks, This is why it will never change.

Bonehead, keep bending over and taking it up the you know what.

Sheep, keep drinking that koolaid. That budget is controlled by the legislature. If they can give him a raise, they can give you a raise. And the bargaining unit does not control anything Lt. and above idiot. So, why didn't all Lt's and above get 17%. Oh I know why, because..... well there is no reason, you will never understand. Hope you like your welfare wages, I for one, am sick of hearing your over used statements of BS.

The top ones are no more eligible for pay raises then you are. Do you not see this, example, the pay raises dished out by the legislature applied to management as well. See, they don't have the right to do what they are doing, it is the legislature that does this. That 17% could have been used to increase pay for many qualified officers working their rear ends off for nothing. Oh, wait, we have no money for pay raises.... well, unless you already make a 100K a year and need 117K a year. What was the promotion, Lt. Col to Lt. Col. What responsibility justifies this. Nothing.

Get it "bonehead." Now go enjoy your trailer in the middle of nowhere. The preacher needs another 17%.

Lieutenant Colonel that came over from DEP. He was at 99,999 at the merger, now 117,000. Wow, what a surprise. So is that 5%, I am kind of lost. I know he was at 104,000 after the merger because of pay parity. Even though many of the merger guys on the bottom didn't get anything if they were above base. Guess he is under paid as a top tier worker.

Be glad you guys have jobs by the way. Now that is a funny statement that I am sick of hearing.
    He must have pissed in your Kool-Aid at one point the way you are tracking him. Before you ask, I am an officer making less than 34,000. I just don't see any point in bringing anyone above the rank of Captain into a discussion regarding pay. Their pay is not governed by anything the PBA negotiates and if you want to compare his pay, compare it to a LtCol with similar time in grade.
    Either you are new or worthless. Any person or worker who does not see a problem with a top worker getting 17% in less then a year at the same time being told to the bottom workers that money is non existent, is well, you know what I am going to say.

Bet you are not a 34K worker. Willing to bet my next hours wage of $15.78. If you don't see a problem with someone getting 17% in raises in one year without promoting to anything, you are part of the problem. He didn't change jobs to get that money, he was sitting on his butt and got it. How many 17% raises you gotten in the last year???? I bet I know that answer. None.

PBA, bring it to the media. It should read:

High ranking officials padding own salaries to boost own retirement while bottom workers qualify for welfare.

Try it for a change. What we got to lose. another $50 raise.
    Listen up bonehead, You would lose on your bet. I am not a new worker and I told you how much I make. If you think the PBA has anything to do with the pay scale of anyone over the rank of Captain, you are badly mistaken. That would be decided by the Colonel and the commission, if you have an issue, take it up with them. Regarding your comment about taking it to the media, you really are a moron. This past year when people were being terminated and positions cut, the Senate and House gave 50,000.00 and up raises to their staffs. It was reported in the papers and quickly forgotten. While I do not not like my pay, I am smart enough to know where our pay comes from and who authorizes it which is the house and senate.

And folks, This is why it will never change.

Bonehead, keep bending over and taking it up the you know what.

Sheep, keep drinking that koolaid. That budget is controlled by the legislature. If they can give him a raise, they can give you a raise. And the bargaining unit does not control anything Lt. and above idiot. So, why didn't all Lt's and above get 17%. Oh I know why, because..... well there is no reason, you will never understand. Hope you like your welfare wages, I for one, am sick of hearing your over used statements of BS.

The top ones are no more eligible for pay raises then you are. Do you not see this, example, the pay raises dished out by the legislature applied to management as well. See, they don't have the right to do what they are doing, it is the legislature that does this. That 17% could have been used to increase pay for many qualified officers working their rear ends off for nothing. Oh, wait, we have no money for pay raises.... well, unless you already make a 100K a year and need 117K a year. What was the promotion, Lt. Col to Lt. Col. What responsibility justifies this. Nothing.

Get it "bonehead." Now go enjoy your trailer in the middle of nowhere. The preacher needs another 17%.
    You really are an idiot and there is no use debating this further with you. As stayed in the earlier post, a Captain and above's salary is ultimately decided by the Col and commission. Interpret this however you want, those are the facts. If you want to come on here and thump your chest and call people sheep, go ahead. In 10 years, your pay will still be within 5000 of what it is today. If you want more, it won't come from the generosity of the legislature or some imaginary super secret fund you might think the FWC possesses. Your choices for a substantial raise are: get promoted (show you have more skills than being a typewriter commando), get a job with a higher paying agency like a PD or SO, go to the private sector. Judging by your comments, you will do none of the above. You will continually post meaningless complaints on this board and retire in debt.
    I am not upset at the pay, I knew what the pay was when I got hired and I decided not to go for promotion because I enjoy my current job too much

So the guy posting above this, really does not know that the pay rates are set at all levels the same way. The pay raises used to give anyone within the organization a raise could be used for anyone. I guess you should stop debating, it is obvious you are either not very smart, like living in a trailer in the middle of nowhere, probably couldn't work anywhere else, or have another retirement source.

And again, ask PBA if Lt's are part of the bargaining unit. Again, your lack of knowledge on how stuff works is apparent. Lt's pay is set the same as Capt, Majors, Lt. Col, Col and up. Not by the commission, but you know better. :roll:

Again, this is why we will always be the chewing tobacco spitting redneck agency we are. People like that, are never smart enough to understand when they are being fed a line of crap.

Just curious, does your butt hurt from taking it up there all the time.

Amazing!!!!!

So the guy posting above this, really does not know that the pay rates are set at all levels the same way. The pay raises used to give anyone within the organization a raise could be used for anyone. I guess you should stop debating, it is obvious you are either not very smart, like living in a trailer in the middle of nowhere, probably couldn't work anywhere else, or have another retirement source.

And again, ask PBA if Lt's are part of the bargaining unit. Again, your lack of knowledge on how stuff works is apparent. Lt's pay is set the same as Capt, Majors, Lt. Col, Col and up. Not by the commission, but you know better. :roll:

Again, this is why we will always be the chewing tobacco spitting redneck agency we are. People like that, are never smart enough to understand when they are being fed a line of crap.

Just curious, does your butt hurt from taking it up there all the time.

Amazing!!!!!
    You do realize that the moderators can see your IP address when you post, don't you? And on occasions they will call you out and let others know that you are making multiple posts. I'm just saying this for each time you refer to an earlier post you made.
    Regarding the contents of the post I made, I never said anything about the LTs. Anyone who has been in the agency for a day knows who is covered by PBA and who isn't. While the legislature sets base pay scales, the command decides if anyone gets above that. PBA has nothing to do with pay scales of LT and above if that is what you want to hear. When it comes to Cpts and above and particularly LtCols it comes from the Col and commission. If you don't understand that, then you must be one of the dumbest hillbilly around. Understanding where the raises come from doesn't mean I agree with them. It does mean I don't do stupid things like call people sheep and make accusations based on Officers not taking action against their leadership. If you are part of FWC and you can't understand that, move on with your life and either get promoted or get a different job. If not, continue to blast away with your ignorance.

Guys c'mon! I read these posts and I am embarrassed. If you are upset about pay
    go apply with a different agency or choose a different line of work. I can tell ya that in this outfit pay has always been low. So you gotta live on what you make. If you can't do that then no one will blame you for leaving. It does no good for you or this agency to showboat about how pissed you are about not getting what you feel you should be paid. Gee golly c'mon guys.

Quote Originally Posted by rickytick
    go apply with a different agency or choose a different line of work. I can tell ya that in this outfit pay has always been low. So you gotta live on what you make. If you can't do that then no one will blame you for leaving. It does no good for you or this agency to showboat about how pissed you are about not getting what you feel you should be paid. Gee golly c'mon guys.
    The pay rate and policies are what’s embarrassing. They are the biggest encumbrance to the success of the agency and will ultimately lead to its demise. People are leaving and taking their experience with them. Come on Florida Legislature, stop trying to run t state law enforcement like a Chinese sweat shop. Officers are risking their lives out there.

The pay rate and policies are what’s embarrassing. They are the biggest encumbrance to the success of the agency and will ultimately lead to its demise. People are leaving and taking their experience with them. Come on Florida Legislature, stop trying to run t state law enforcement like a Chinese sweat shop. Officers are risking their lives out there.
    blah, blah, blah. Take a hint. The pay isn't changing. Accept it or move on.

blah, blah, blah. Take a hint. The pay isn't changing. Accept it or move on.
    That’s the spirit! If you’re not already a LT., you should be promoted!

you are an idiot

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456