Corporals Test - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Corporals Test

Re: Corporals Test

No one is crying.....no one is a "looser".

Re: im a real boy!

You should get your ducks in row. You obviously did no research. If you remember Florida did a study a few years ago of all certified officers in the state. The breakdown was almost exactly 50/50 in terms of officers with a college education and those without. Those without college accounted for over 75% of the discipline! Numerous studies have shown that officers with a college education have less complaints, accidents, etc. While I do agree "street smarts" is important, you can certainly have both. It is when college started being emphasized more in law enforcement as a result of the Presidential commission to study the matter that law enforcement officers would be become recognized as a "profession" with college educated officers. It is for that very reason we saw bumps in pay that started to pay law enforcement decent wages (well most agencies anyways). Those who bash the college idea probably don't have college or will lie on this board and claim they do have college just to bash it. If you don't have a degree, take the time and get one. With credits for the academy and other training, you might be surprised at how close you really are!

http://www.masschiefs.org/hot-topics/96 ... rypdf/file

Quote Originally Posted by pinocchio
    Quote Originally Posted by KLH
    Gordon, why do you call people lazy? We have very hard working officers with no degree. I am certain you come to some of these officers when you need help. There is absolutely no evidence that college is a benefit at THIS agency. In fact, the opposite has shown to be the case. You have cited only your own biased and scummy opinion here. You clearly have no repsect for your fellow officers by the nature of your statements. Most agencies don't require college and the national accreditation body doesn't require one until much higher up than a field supervisor. I am shocked that anyone I work with could be so arrogant and such a slimy negative person.
    Get your ducks in a row before you post. No evidence that college is a BENEFIT? Explain the extra cash incentive for having college degrees. They make getting a degree so easy nowaways. If you put down the call of duty game controller for a minute and go online and get your degree maybe you could stop being left in the corner during promotional processes. If you like going against the grain so much then enjoy harvesting the wheat fields your whole career while the college dummies enjoy their air conditioned offices and decide what to put on your evaluations. Release those strings college naysayer and stop being a puppet.

Excellent rehash! Timely!

1. Did you read the methodology sourcing for that study? "Sampling data from 1980-90", written by an anti police ACLU MA professor. Maybe, try more recent studies and look at this agency's actual stats.All of the people fired for misconduct here had.

2. 346 is going to be your next supervisor; you can't compare to him in any aspect.....you mad?

3. How did that Sgt's test work out? Maybe if some people spent more time practicing police work and less time working on advanced degrees for a job they already have, they won't have an uneducated ruffian in charge of them.

SORRY CHARLIE!

old guest 12896 must have been sleeping or had somebody else taking his test during the comma section of his writting class. That retard missed enough commas to knock over a rhino. it's great when outsiders try to get involved in an internal pppd discussion. bottom line is college degees are good, but should not be the complete selling point to front line supervision. i most certainly would like my grant writing, stat reviewing, policy making command staff to have their college to get to that point, but absent of that, the results the past 1yr to 2 yrs on our cpl & sgt testings have not convinced me higher education has prevailed. i don't care about any studies from 1970, in bumble shick wherever, just in pppd where it matters to us. tks and good night

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345