Corporals Test - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Corporals Test

Re: Corporals Test

If Admin hadn't stepped in and thrown out several of the poorly written test questions, only two or three candidates would've passed the written test. Several candidates benefited from the thrown out questions. Who is in the charge of developing the test? Lt who? You would think someone with as much free time as he has would be able to write coherent test questions.

Or.... If the people taking the test took it for what it was worth they would have passed. Congrats to the three that did. No excuses from those three or the other 5 that got to go to oral board. Anytime someone doesn't finish, well it must be someone else's fault.

And while experience is important I would rather take the red pill and see Shea embracing challenges to make him a better officer and leader down the road than working for the senior detective that feels that he has been cheated and he should given stuff because of how long he has been here. Maybe if this senior detective looks at himself and realizes that this agency will function just fine when he's gone maybe then will he be better off. He tells us how great he is and how busy he is yet has time to make laps around the building and post on here about how experience

Congratulations to Sheagent Shea!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Party's Over
    If Admin hadn't stepped in and thrown out several of the poorly written test questions, only two or three candidates would've passed the written test. Several candidates benefited from the thrown out questions. Who is in the charge of developing the test? Lt who? You would think someone with as much free time as he has would be able to write coherent test questions.
    The way I saw it was that no member of the admin showed up at the test other than the 2 LT that were part of the test and two questions were thrown out. Don't give credit to the admin to make failure more palatable for you. Celebrate the ones that did pass and try better next time instead of pushing the ones that did pass down. I didn't see or take the test but I am sick of the people feeling slighted, when in reality the test and the process was fair.

You either blame the admin for everything wrong or say the process was so messed up the admin intervened. Both would be inaccurate. Most things are done with the best interest of the whole agency, not just to cater to one senior disgruntled employee who feels he is entitled, so much so that he makes those around him uncomfortable.

And please stop complaining to everyone who pretends to be listening. You didn't pass, end of discussion. You cheapen the victory of those that did and make yourself look silly. Sorry ME I like you but you starting to act and sound like a giant baby.

I don't know who passed or didn't as it is irrelevent since I never ask Coporals for anything.....I go to Sergeants......but again, I am just very excited to have four workers converted into non-workers. If the "challenge" and betterment means doing things Lt Windbag doesn't want to do, then bully for your career I guess. But maybe the whole thing should go back to Corporals take calls? Or maye stop counting them as manpower?

Overheard wrote "You either blame the admin for everything wrong or say the process was so messed up the admin intervened."

Who made the decision to throw out the questions? You said there were two Lts during the process. Are they not considered Admin? Yes they are. So, like the previous poster wrote "Admin intervened" by throwing out a few poorly worded questions.

Who do you blame for problems at any organization? You got it.....those that make the decisions. Your argument holds no weight on this one.

It's really sad when people are working to make things better but they are rewarded with nothing but crying, whining, and complaining. I have spent a great deal of time with the leadership of other agencies and I can prmise you the promotional process and criteria is exactly the same. No leader of an organization...any organization in the country...is going to promote people who are not rowing in the same direction that leadership wants to go.
    You don't support the corporal program? Don't expect to get promoted.
    Have a problem with how management spends their time? Don't ask to get promoted.
    Don't like the way stats are compiled, vehicles are purchased, etc. etc. etc.? You're on the wrong team and will not ever get promoted.
    You get on the same team with the administration or you can burn in hell for all anyone cares.
    It is the same way in every other agency so if you have some fantasy of a perfect utopia, you might as well get used to disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Out
    Overheard wrote "You either blame the admin for everything wrong or say the process was so messed up the admin intervened."

Who made the decision to throw out the questions? You said there were two Lts during the process. Are they not considered Admin? Yes they are. So, like the previous poster wrote "Admin intervened" by throwing out a few poorly worded questions.

Who do you blame for problems at any organization? You got it.....those that make the decisions. Your argument holds no weight on this one.
    So why are we bashing a particular LT if he was one of the " admin " that intervened? He wrote thE test with the heLp of the other LT. So where was the admin intervention again? Is it possible that he was receptive to opinion and agreed to waive a question for the good of all? You argument is full of fault and as happy as I am to work here I am sad to work with the few who are so full of hate.

i beg to differ, other agencies dont all require college degrees for supervisory advancement. most real departments use a matrix system to rank out their people. why is a 3 yr officer with a degree, no life or other work experience and very limited work experience more qualified to lead than officers with more years of leo experience, military time, real world work experience, specialized position time, etc? im not knocking any of the folks that passed the written process (first 4) congrats to you all, but with all the college credits and degrees that took that test last week and thats the result??? right, throw out some questions and make it look better (8 total), but the end result is 3 passed. sounds like we need to lower the years of time on the job and make it a masters degree to be able to test for next time, maybe we will have more passing with the current mindset. there are many officers who would make good supervisors and this could be solved with a matrix system. rank everyone at the agency based on their time, experience, involvement and let them all test. let the chips fall where they may and the 2nd floor can make a real educated decision who will be the best qualified leader from there.

I like working here and I think everyone is doing a pretty decent job but once again.....just excited that four people will no longer be working. We are getting a few new ones and there is light at the end of the tunnel and then bam....we lose four workers. We went years with one Corporal per shift (2 on Eves) and it was all good.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast