Corporals Test
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Corporals Test

Corporals Test

Whoare the pre-test favorites?

Re: Corporals Test

Anyone that can endure Lt Windbag's hour-long readoffs, followed by the classic two-hour closed door "When I was in CIS" sessions, and then thinks to themself "Man, the time just flew by!" Yup, those would be the front runners.

Quote Originally Posted by My Ears Hurt
    Anyone that can endure Lt Windbag's hour-long readoffs, followed by the classic two-hour closed door "When I was in CIS" sessions, and then thinks to themself "Man, the time just flew by!" Yup, those would be the front runners.
    There are no "front runners" since the cpls were selected once the memos were turned in. The ones to feel sorry for are those who think performing a certain way on DRoach's test and interview will have any influence either way. The cpls in waiting already know who they are and most likely what shift and days off they will have next pay period. Don't think so? Think about why the cpl selection process was significantly revamped prior to this group. No rank order? Just a list of pass/fail names? List never expires? This probably makes it easier for the ROD command staff to pass over people without having to say things like (you are a nice guy(or girl) and know your job well, but: you look like a slob, or you have a big mouth, or ....insert reason here. Those who know the game are already thinking two moves ahead. This comes with tenure and experience in watching these selections for many years. Look around, and you'll see it for yourself.

i cant wait til they start letting the officers who dont have a degree start taking the test and this becomes a real system (matrix) like other agencies. although if they keep the current no scoring pool system, it wont matter who passes, because they will select who they like best on the list, makes sense..not. how may senior officers do we depend on daily for questions, advice, and experience? Does a college education mean you can lead by exemple better than no college degree having ofcs? forget going to a cpl or sgt now because when you do, they remember and hit you on your eval for job knowledge or some other catagory. I have a degree, but i know when i have a situation or need advice, i go to a vet ofc who has the street experience to handle the call right, instead of callling a supervisor, who has little to no experience and says ummm, i've never had a call like this..ummm. 2nd floor pencil pushing might need a degree on the wall, but 1st floor street supervising only needs common sense-street smarts-leadership.

I'm just excited that 4 more people won't be taking calls now......I mean we can afford the manpower. Easy street!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I'm just excited that 4 more people won't be taking calls now......I mean we can afford the manpower. Easy street!
    I never understood this about the PPPD....In other agencies, Cpl's, Sgt's, Lt's take calls....

I never understood this about the PPPD....In other agencies, Cpl's, Sgt's, Lt's take calls....
    Just the tip of the iceberg. Stop trying to compare PPPD to other agencies or you'll go mad. Kinda like comparing the P Park T-Birds to the Tampa Bay Rays.

Hey guys, we are going to create a new rank called "Lieutenant" so that Sergeants will be freed of administrative duties and they can be out on the street to help.

Okay guys, that didn't go quite as planned, so we are going to add a Captain, and now they can handle administrative duties and complaints; Lieutenants can run the shift and review reports and Sergeants can be out on the street.

Okay guys, that still didn't work out. Now we are creating a new rank called "Corporal", so that while Sergeants are tied up with the administrative duties, complaints and reports that the Lieutenants got out of; these Corporals can be out in the field.

We would like to stress that these will be working supervisors and they will be call takers with some additional responsibilities, hence we will give them 7% more.

Okay guys, the Corporals will no longer be taking primary calls because they need to be x8 to handle supervisory matters. The Corporals will also have to spend a great deal of time at the station reading reports, handling complaints and performing administrative duties that Captains/Lieutenants/Sergeants got out of.

Maybe this is the source of our manpower issues? Maybe not having so much dead weight would mitigate the need to go to 12 hour shifts?

I think its about time, since it sounds like we are considering changes at the pd that we dump this cpl program and go back to MPO. We are using manpower (cpl counts as a unit on schedule) that could be used on the road, instead they do "projects" etc that were tasked to higher ups who have no interest. I hear MPOs worked the road, helped make decisions for junior officers, offered advice and knowledge and could be trusted the run the shift in the event no sgt was available. as it is now sometimes we come to work to have an Lt, 2 sgts, 2 cpls to supervise 5 zone assigned officers?? does anyone else see an issue with that? And none of them miss there scheduled x58 together even if the city is blowing up with calls. I know people mess up at times, but has this over supervision stopped or prevented officers from doing the wrong things? Not with our current track record for discipline lately

Well I took the RED pill and woke to find Shea a CPL! Ahhh somebody put me back in the matrix..., quick!!! Experience at this department means NOTHING! :?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast