noncertified2013 - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: noncertified2013

Too funny.......not vet flpd leos swearing zone 2 is hard like they patrol helmand province...vet leos are like this is the big bad hood lol zone 2 yawn......

My question is if you already have such disdain for the FLPD why would you want to work here? That's all we need is another disgruntled rookie here... in that respect you would fit right in. There are good vet cops and crap vet cops. It all depends on the person. But, previous military experience as well as previous law enforcement experience isn't the make or break all. Sometimes the best officers come from a completely different background. Again, depends on the person. This job is very different from military service. So, as pleased as you may be with your resume, those skills my not be appropriate as you may think. SWAT/SRT is a small fraction of what police work is all about... My advice to you is to go somewhere that you are not already all pissed off at. A bad attitude in the beginning here will just get worse and you will be miserable. I just hope they can see your disgust for the FLPD in your next oral board and act accordingly. By the way, I am also a veteran.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    My question is if you already have such disdain for the FLPD why would you want to work here? That's all we need is another disgruntled rookie here... in that respect you would fit right in. There are good vet cops and crap vet cops. It all depends on the person. But, previous military experience as well as previous law enforcement experience isn't the make or break all. Sometimes the best officers come from a completely different background. Again, depends on the person. This job is very different from military service. So, as pleased as you may be with your resume, those skills my not be appropriate as you may think. SWAT/SRT is a small fraction of what police work is all about... My advice to you is to go somewhere that you are not already all pissed off at. A bad attitude in the beginning here will just get worse and you will be miserable. I just hope they can see your disgust for the FLPD in your next oral board and act accordingly. By the way, I am also a veteran.
    Vet in what, Air Force or the Navy!? :lol: :lol: I didn't say previous military experience nor SRT/SWAT is what have you 110% qualified or should the ticket in the door. I know what LEO is all about b/c I've done it on the federal side for the past 10yrs (yea, a few steps above your current level). I've done the training, paperwork, LLOONNNGGGG hours, securing crime scene, and the whole nine. Maybe haven't dealt with fleeing suspects or shots fired but I've had enough rounds come my way in the desert. What else is LEO all about? Being a police officer is being a police officer. YES, there is a huge difference from county, city, state, and fed. Like I've stated more than once, I have nothing against FLPD nor am I pissed off because I've never had an encounter with you guys. What I'm pissed about is Veterans being blown off like a piece of dust sitting on the table. Maybe I should write a letter to the Chief venting about his staff and how Vets applications are being looked over

Quote Originally Posted by hoooorah
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I'm pretty sure you would fail the psych exam buddy.
    Omg.. the Leo psych Test is a joke a moron can pass it.... Listen Theres a Major difference at flpd with the leos with army/marines combat experience Vs the cornball leos no names need to be mentioned that have no Military...its like night and day...... If it was up to me i would make military mandatory to be hired period... These non vet leos cant be trusted and ****ing whine waaaaaay to much...rip to the vets THAT HAD THE BALLS FOR OIF OR OEF that made the ultimate sacrafice..
    I say HOOAAHH! If I'm not mistaking, there was something Congress passed about hiring Vets and how we have preference a few years back. I can't recall, I was probably in the box when it happen. OAN, I heard the Psych test was a joke and very annoying haha. I can only imagine what they whine about...haha

Too much corruption

Quote Originally Posted by CCN
    Too much corruption
    Most depts in south fla have plenty of issues/corruption its a tuff field. Theres good cops and plenty of BAD cops. 24years ago sfla was a good spot to become a leo, times has changed...boy cant wait to leave and just enjoy some quality time. I would look elsewhere like Texas, Nyc or California

Most of you ego maniacs went into the military to avoid pumping gas your whole life and were too stupid to continue your education. Work somewhere where you can be alone since you are your best friend and biggest fan. Btw, lots of people become fed police (aka security guards) it's one step above tsa.

Quote Originally Posted by CCN
    Most of you ego maniacs went into the military to avoid pumping gas your whole life and were too stupid to continue your education. Work somewhere where you can be alone since you are your best friend and biggest fan. Btw, lots of people become fed police (aka security guards) it's one step above tsa.
    Typical non vet leo comment..... most vets I know that did a combat tour want nothing to do with law enforcement career when they get out...it always the non vets dying to become a leo to proof something or for the status.... and these nonvets think zone 2 is like Compton, California lmmmaaaaaooooo relax those haitian thugs aint hurting nobody...try being a leo in Baltimore, Atlanta, or Detroit if you really want to be captain America...flpd is soft, lauderhill has a much harder zone. Clowns............hahahahahahaha

This dept would rather hire 20-something-year old 130-lb kids with a degree over a Veteran. Most Vets have learned that blindly following illegal orders does not keep you out of trouble... the kids don't argue, they just sweep and get stats. "It" still rolls downhill, and you'll be hung out to dry here faster than the guards at Abu Ghirab. Be a medic/fireman. At least there you have a chance to help and truly serve your fellow Americans.
    Add the fact that policework in the worst Fort Lauderdale neighborhoods has zero correlation to Fallujah, the BS paramilitary structure, mercurial administration, and lack of true brotherhood will do nothing but frustrate you. If you don't wanna be a medic, find a small dept somewhere that values your life experience. The pay may not be as good, but it's a better life. Just my two scents.

You non-leo vets on this page are a joke. Why dont you all meet up to tell each other how great and tough you all are. Its our loss but I think we will pull through at FLPD. I hear the Homeless Voice is hiring.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast