Florida PBA Capitol Report for April 5, 2013 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Florida PBA Capitol Report for April 5, 2013

Matt,

Any updates on how the budget merger is going relating to our pay raises? Is the Senate plan winning out over the House plan. Lets hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Matt,

Any updates on how the budget merger is going relating to our pay raises? Is the Senate plan winning out over the House plan. Lets hope so.
    Nothing yet. Waiting for the budget conferencing to begin. Probably starting this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Puckett
    Matt,

Nothing yet. Waiting for the budget conferencing to begin. Probably starting this weekend.
    Thanks for the update

Update: Budget Conferencing to begin on pay raises over the weekend

Over this weekend and into the next two weeks, the Florida Senate and the Florida House of Representatives will be negotiating the differences between the two chambers' respective budget proposals. The outcome of these negotiations will finalize the pay raise for the PBA bargaining units. Our lobbyists will be working throughout the conferencing process to secure a raise for State Law Enforcement Officers, Florida Highway Patrol, and FDLE Special Agents.

Here's a recap of the House and the Senate pay raise proposals:

The Senate's proposal has a 3% extra increase for State Law Enforcement Officers, Florida Highway Patrol, and FDLE Special Agents with less than 5 years of service and a 5% extra increase for officers with 5 or more years of services. The Senate is also proposing a 3% across the board for all state employees. Add it all together and officers with less than 5 years may receive a 6% and officers with 5 years or more may receive an 8%

The House has a straight 3% extra increase for all State Law Enforcement Officers, Florida Highway Patrol, and FDLE Special Agents. The House also proposes a $1,000 across the board raise for all state employees and a merit bonus of $400 for employees meeting the requirements of Chapter 110 Florida Statutes (this proposal is new). The specifics are listed below.

I just did the math. I am going to be rich. this is awesome. I can't wait to tell the wife that this might be the year we put that above-ground swimming pool out back behind the trailer.

What a pay raise!

Hmmmmmm, but alot of things I buy have gone up 50-100% since the last pay raise. Oh, well, we'll catch up in the next round of pay raises after this one. The citizens of Florida won't let their state LEOs live in trailers or work off duty just to survive. They really love us.

Matt,

Any news on the pay legilsation. I see the pay money for teachers did not make it through. Any news about our bills if the two chambers have come to any agreement?

Thanks

Matt,

Any news on the pay legilsation. I see the pay money for teachers did not make it through. Any news about our bills if the two chambers have come to any agreement?

Thanks
    Nothing official yet, but the Budget Chairs (Negron and McKeel) get the remaining subcommittee issues tomorrow at 5 pm. The across the board raise for all state employees is still being negotiated. Will it be a standard percentage or a fixed dollar amount? Will it be higher for employees making less than $40k?

I will provide an update as soon as I see something in an official offer.

Matt,

Thanks
    Nothing official yet, but the Budget Chairs (Negron and McKeel) get the remaining subcommittee issues tomorrow at 5 pm. The across the board raise for all state employees is still being negotiated. Will it be a standard percentage or a fixed dollar amount? Will it be higher for employees making less than $40k?

Yeah, we will hold our breath.

Matt,

Thanks

Thanks for keeping us posted on this. With any luck we will actually see a rise in our pay for a change. Hope this will be a trend, but lets get past this year first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12