James Rooney Shooting - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: James Rooney Shooting

The so called blunts were blacks and milds no drugs at all. His personal toxicology report negative negative negative. Rooney smelled dope not....he's just a dirty cop. He will get his when the truth comes out about how dirty he is guest is a rooney fan or is guest really rooney.

Why was this kid with a criminal history in a public park by a school carrying a gun in the first place? There's multiple statements of people stating he turned his life around, yet he was in possession of this gun? Also I read statements that he was scared of someone which is why he had the gun? Of every person who was scared of someone carried a gun I think we'd have a lot of gun carrying citizens. Just because you're scared it doesn't give you the right to illegally carry a firearm. Considering he doesn't have a permit he was not trained to use it correctly, what if he was confronted by this so called person who was threatening him that day in the park and a shoot out occurred with kids around? All these people complaining that he shoul have never been confronted would be saying different things if their kid would have accidentally been caught in the crossfire of that wouldn't they. Cops confront suspicious people to try to prevent aituations like that. When officer Rooney confronted him, the whole situation could have been avoided if he would have calmly told the officer he was carrying a firearm. But obviously that didn't happen. Any on duty police officer has the right to confront someone at any time. They also have the right to ask to search. There was nothing wrong with this officer confronting this kid in the park.

People are saying officer Rooney lied about the kid shooting at him, and say that results show only one shot was fired from the kids weapon. Who's to say he didn't fire multiple shots and run out of bullets and reload? Considering the amount of wooded area/yards/streets he ran through those fired bullets would be hard to recover. Then regardless if the kid fired or not he pulled the gun out on a cop, and anyone who's in fear for their life his the right to defend themselves, which the officer did. I don't understand the issue.

If you issue is with the fact that the officer may or may not have changed his story of the events that took place, then you obviously haven't been in a situation like that. You're fearful for your life, you heart is pumping, everything happens so sat when you finally get a chance to stop and retrace the events things may not be so clear. Later on different parts may come back to you.

Regardless, people are so quick to judge and question every little decision cops make. They pick apart every step of every decision. It's not fair for the officer or the kid or family of the kid for anyone of you to judge or jump straight to what you "know" happened. The only people who know for sure what happened are the officer an the kid. half the people in the world have this stupid idea that cops enjoy shooting and killing people and you're all idiots. And most of your "facts" are coming from newspaper articles, or reporter Lauren Ritchie who has a personal vendetta against certain officers in this department including officer Rooney it seems. I'd say her opinion is biased, and can't be considered as fact.

Simple Opinion, you're making too much sense, stop and let the tin foil hats spread their lies and hate as there make believe "facts". I wonder if oldie is Lauren Richie, at the least it's a huge Lauren Richie "mark".

I am a firm believer that cops often get the short end of the stick. We never like one until we need one. I believe that police officers are very brave men and women who put their lives on the line everyday they get into their uniform. I believe they deserve respect. My issue is the with cops like Rooney who thing they are untouchable because they have been returned to their position. Yes an officer has the right to "ask" to search a subject just as the subject has a right to say "no". An illegal search is one that occurs without proper cause. Let's find out how many of these "searches" Rooney has demanded since his return to the police force. Rooney is without a doubt a proven liar. He thinks he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants because he was a part of the lynch mob, which included Charlene Forth, that ousted Graham and the City Manager. The only way I can explain it is when you let a bully loose you will eventually have to suffer the consequences. Rooney is a bully. He is a bully to members of the police staff and he is a bully to those in the city who he thinks are not allowed the basic human rights any man, woman or child is given under the constitution. He thinks he is above everyone and any law. Many people have made mistakes in their past. Why does he think it's ok to harass them when they try to reclaim their lives and become a constructive member of society? Because he's the big bad James Rooney? Because the people that he considers "dirt bags" won't be believed or have anyone stand up for them? Both the Chief of Police and the City Manager have created a monster. Who runs the police force? Is it Broadway or is it Rooney? Who runs the city? Is it Darren Gray or is it Charlene Forth? Hey Charlene how does it feel now that all of your backers are backing away from you? Take note Rooney...you can only bully people so long before they start pushing back. Let's see Charlene...your husbands sign once said "Will the real Chief of Police please stand up?" Well Rooney may think he's running things but they day is coming when every illegal search, every illegal stop, every illegal piece of paper you sign and lie one will be exposed. I can't wait to see you get what you deserve. It's going to happen. It's only a matter of time and I will be standing outside the City Council meeting with a sign that says "Investigate Corruption of James Rooney and his flunkies at the Clermont Police Department".

Quote Originally Posted by Oogie Boogie
    I am a firm believer that cops often get the short end of the stick. We never like one until we need one. I believe that police officers are very brave men and women who put their lives on the line everyday they get into their uniform. I believe they deserve respect. My issue is the with cops like Rooney who thing they are untouchable because they have been returned to their position. Yes an officer has the right to "ask" to search a subject just as the subject has a right to say "no". An illegal search is one that occurs without proper cause. Let's find out how many of these "searches" Rooney has demanded since his return to the police force. Rooney is without a doubt a proven liar. He thinks he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants because he was a part of the lynch mob, which included Charlene Forth, that ousted Graham and the City Manager. The only way I can explain it is when you let a bully loose you will eventually have to suffer the consequences. Rooney is a bully. He is a bully to members of the police staff and he is a bully to those in the city who he thinks are not allowed the basic human rights any man, woman or child is given under the constitution. He thinks he is above everyone and any law. Many people have made mistakes in their past. Why does he think it's ok to harass them when they try to reclaim their lives and become a constructive member of society? Because he's the big bad James Rooney? Because the people that he considers "dirt bags" won't be believed or have anyone stand up for them? Both the Chief of Police and the City Manager have created a monster. Who runs the police force? Is it Broadway or is it Rooney? Who runs the city? Is it Darren Gray or is it Charlene Forth? Hey Charlene how does it feel now that all of your backers are backing away from you? Take note Rooney...you can only bully people so long before they start pushing back. Let's see Charlene...your husbands sign once said "Will the real Chief of Police please stand up?" Well Rooney may think he's running things but they day is coming when every illegal search, every illegal stop, every illegal piece of paper you sign and lie one will be exposed. I can't wait to see you get what you deserve. It's going to happen. It's only a matter of time and I will be standing outside the City Council meeting with a sign that says "Investigate Corruption of James Rooney and his flunkies at the Clermont Police Department".

Classify every member of this agency as, "flunkies", but yet you claim you, "am a firm believer that cops often get the short end of the stick. We never like one until we need one. I believe that police officers are very brave men and women who put their lives on the line everyday they get into their uniform. I believe they deserve respect". You are too damn stupid to even see how you showed your bias for the Clermont Police Department. But yet you expect readers to take you serious??? :lol:

Why does everyone keep referring to the search as an "illegal" search? How do any of you know if the kid agreed to the search or not. I'm having a hard time with this whole situation. I'm trying to go by the actual "facts" and if everything in the actual police report is true then this whole thing is 100% justifiable. My only issue with the "facts" is that anyone who knows officer James Rooney knows that 95% of the things that come out of his mouth and 95% of his stories are all lies. He is the type of person that if your telling a story he's already done it and when he did it he did it better. He will also make up things to make himself seem real "badass" when we all saw how badass he really was having his wide stand up and speak for him and say how he cries at night. With that being said, I hope that sense this situation involved the death of someone he was mature enough to tell the accurate story of what happened that day in the park. He took an oath to serve and protect, it's okay to tell extravagant made up stories about your personal life, but when it comes to the life and death of someone else I hope and pray he had and has enough integrity to be honest and upfront about it. I guess we'll never know. I just know not to base my opinion off the "facts" and opinions of the posts on this website. But then again I really can't base my opinion off the words coming out of James rooney's mouth either. Whatever happened Rooney has to live with it and will answer to it in the end.

Dear Guest,

Perhaps you are unable to understand the English language or are incapable of digesting what I wrote. Maybe you should try reading my post one more time before you include your opinion of what I said. I made it completely clear that I believe that there are good and bad police officers in the city of Clermont. The "flunkie's" to which I was referring are those that are supporters of James Rooney. Read it again. Go on....I'll wait.

Now do you understand the words that are written on the screen? Why shouldn't people take me seriously? Because I admit that there are good and bad cops? Because I believe that James Rooney is a proven liar? Wait, it doesn't matter what I believe...it's in black and white. Pull his file. I do respect police officers who are worthy of respect. I think it's a darn shame that the few whiny cops make all of the cops suspect. I'm one of the citizens who know that police officers are human beings. I know each and every time that an officers walks up to a person who is suspect or walks up to a car not knowing what they will find inside puts their lives on the line. They do so for far less pay than they deserve. They do it not for the glory but for the idea of keeping MY community safe. My issue is that each and every time Rooney lies or another officer lies it's another black eye for my hometown police department. The Clermont Police Department has become a laughingstock. It's horrible that people feel that they can't trust the department because of a few bad cops. I do not advocate for the Clermont Police Department at all. I advocate for all officers who are good, honest, hard working, concerned with their city, and know that their job is to protect and serve the interests of the citizen's of the city for which they WORK. Read that one more time Guest "KNOW THAT THEIR JOB IS TO PROTECT AND SERVE THE INTERSTS OF THE CITIZEN'S OF THE CITY FOR WHICH THEY WORK". It seems as if the only interest Rooney serves is his own. He is not the hero he claims he is. He is not the honest police officer he portrays himself to be. He is the very reason people look at the Clermont Police Department and laugh. I don't think it's funny. I don't think it's in the least bit funny. I think it's a darn shame that his actions make too many people perceive most of the officers are like him and can't be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogie Boogie
    Dear Guest,

Perhaps you are unable to understand the English language or are incapable of digesting what I wrote. Maybe you should try reading my post one more time before you include your opinion of what I said. I made it completely clear that I believe that there are good and bad police officers in the city of Clermont. The "flunkie's" to which I was referring are those that are supporters of James Rooney. Read it again. Go on....I'll wait.

Now do you understand the words that are written on the screen? Why shouldn't people take me seriously? Because I admit that there are good and bad cops? Because I believe that James Rooney is a proven liar? Wait, it doesn't matter what I believe...it's in black and white. Pull his file. I do respect police officers who are worthy of respect. I think it's a darn shame that the few whiny cops make all of the cops suspect. I'm one of the citizens who know that police officers are human beings. I know each and every time that an officers walks up to a person who is suspect or walks up to a car not knowing what they will find inside puts their lives on the line. They do so for far less pay than they deserve. They do it not for the glory but for the idea of keeping MY community safe. My issue is that each and every time Rooney lies or another officer lies it's another black eye for my hometown police department. The Clermont Police Department has become a laughingstock. It's horrible that people feel that they can't trust the department because of a few bad cops. I do not advocate for the Clermont Police Department at all. I advocate for all officers who are good, honest, hard working, concerned with their city, and know that their job is to protect and serve the interests of the citizen's of the city for which they WORK. Read that one more time Guest "KNOW THAT THEIR JOB IS TO PROTECT AND SERVE THE INTERSTS OF THE CITIZEN'S OF THE CITY FOR WHICH THEY WORK". It seems as if the only interest Rooney serves is his own. He is not the hero he claims he is. He is not the honest police officer he portrays himself to be. He is the very reason people look at the Clermont Police Department and laugh. I don't think it's funny. I don't think it's in the least bit funny. I think it's a darn shame that his actions make too many people perceive most of the officers are like him and can't be trusted.
    You have no grasp of reading comprehension or even basic sentence structure. I think anyone with half a brain can get the meaning.

Dear Guest,

I will admit that while typing I was upset and typing rather fast and thus should have used spell check. You can attack my English as much as you care to. I can only assume you are doing so because you can not attack the arguments I made. If you do not have a logical response to the message I can only guess you have no other alternative than to attack the messenger. Instead of being concerned with how I wrote something and commenting on that why don't you why don't you address the issues I raised? If it is possible for you to do so please reread my post and instead of focusing on the misspelled words or sentence structure focus on the questions about the situation and give me your opinion or response. Or are you unable to do so? If you would prefer I can list each point I made in a numbered form and can insure you that the spelling and sentence structure will be correct if that will assist you in your ability to answer. I eagerly await your answer so we can address the issues without the white noise of a spelling error. :roll:

Oogie boogie. I agree with some of your statements, but I also disagree with some as well. Charlene's husband did not post the signs across the street from the police department, those signs were posted by the owner of the automotive garage who's property the signs are posted on. I understand your issues with James Rooney but do not see any proof of the search being an illegal search. I also agree that officer Rooney does lie. It's sad that because we all know he lies, we can't really believe anything he says, even if in fact hes actually tellin the truth. You classify him in group I people who ousted ex chief graham and the city manager, but I overheard a conversation recently where two clermont police officers that were part of that group recently received their jobs back through arbitration, and in the arbitrators findings he reported that one of the cases was "clear" retaliation by the chief. This report is public record and sense everyone loves facts and loves reports of public record I'm sure all of you can find it. Everyone is quick to bash the few cops who lost their jobs, but you really all don't know the truth. And considering that two of those cops have just recievedd their jobs back I'd say they have a point. Some may have been fired for good reason but not all of them.

The kid is the park claimed he was becoming a better person yet he was carrying a loaded gun in a park across from an elementary school and a daycare. Normal kids don't do that. That gun could have easily went off accidentally and injured a kid, and then everyone would have freaked out about him and wouldn't have considered him a good outstanding citizen.

I'm just saying, you make some good points but you also make bad points. No one will never know the truth, you're right a out the fact that the shooting wasn't given a good fair investigation, and it was all swept under the rug. Its also sad that a lying officer like officer Rooney makes a lot of the department look bad. Once it's pointed out that officer Rooney lies so often I don't think he should be left out there patrolling and dealing with cases with you never know if you're getting the honest facts or not.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast