St.Johns SO ripping FDLE - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: St.Johns SO ripping FDLE

When you falsely accuse someone of murder and make up evidence this is what happens. It will be interesting to see how the Defense plays this.. I notice, Agent of year, has not been served yet. I wonder if he ducking the server? Looks like Dominic Pape skated on the lawsuit, talk about lucky..

http://doris.clk.co.st-johns.fl.us/Benc ... adnNR6pqKw

This was posted in the Times Union

"ST. JOHNS SHERIFF

Facts are stubborn

After reading another interview with St. Johns County Sheriff David Shoar in Sunday’s Times-Union, I was glad to see that he is accepting responsibility for his agency’s botched death investigation of Michelle O’Connell, but I also noted that he continues to blame FDLE Special Agent Rusty Rodgers for causing the internal personnel issues inside his agency.

All these many months later it is time to stop blaming others.

? The appearance that his officers tilted their criminal investigation to protect a co-worker.

? The crime scene was not properly preserved, allowing original evidence to be manipulated, altered or destroyed.

? Women who use a firearm to commit suicide do not fire the gun twice.

Shoar needs to stop blaming FDLE for his problems.

Gary Carmichael, retired police officer, Green Cove Springs"

http://members.jacksonville.com/opinion ... -look-love

First off, What you fail to understand is that what has happened is Agent Rodgers, Agent Brutnell along with the assistance of Dominic Pape have given the mother and friends assurance that this was indeed something other than suicide, WHICH IT WAS CLEARLY NOT and caused this to blow up into the spectacle that it is.

Some of the MAJOR FACTS in this case

Ms. O Connell had a history of documented mental health issues

She had been arrested for a VIOLENT Dom. Battery before and then had to be peppered sprayed during the arrest

Ms. O Connell had no defensive wounds on her that night but yet has shown a propensity to violence in the past, so she was a fighter apparently

Ms. O Connell had gun shot residue all over her hands the night she killed herself (I am not sure how you would stage that)

Ms. O Connell sent texts about 45 min before she killed herself that were so alarming to her sister, that she replied " your scaring me." in addition from the downloaded phones there was NO PROOF that any message was sent or received that Ms. O'Connell was on her way to pick up her child. This was another fabrication by Agent Rodgers

Ms. O'Connell lived with Deputy Banks for a while, it is not unthinkable she watched how to get the service weapon out of a security holster when Deputy Banks removed it.

There were friends over at their house till 11pm (One is now a cop elsewhere) so we are to believe Deputy Banks did some kind of cover up in about 15 minutes (took a shower, planted pills on a body, changed clothes, wiped down a gun) and all kinds of other outlandish theories that have been proposed or suggested by both Agent Rodgers and the NY Times

Ms. OConnell was still alive and breathing when deputies and Rescue personnel got there and lived for quite some time, IF your going to try to kill someone why would you not be sure the act was complete before the arrival of medical personnel.

Deputy Banks was 23 at the time of this death. So what Agent Rodgers and the NY Times suggested is that this 23 year old deputy ( a kid basically) has fooled a bunch of experience investigators and been able to get away with this, clearly only a fool would think this.

Also lets not forget, Deputy Banks, the conniving person that Agent Rodgers and the NY Times would try and make everyone think he was did the unthinkable

He did at least 5 interviews and it might have been 6, with both the Sheriff's Office and FDLE without an attorney present what guilty cop does that, when being accused of a crime. A 23year old innocent kid, that's who.

Also not doing a canvass at what clearly appears to be a suicide, is probably not unusual. Being a service weapon was involved in hindsight, might have been a good thing to do.

Also these supposed witnesses, found by FDLE, DON"T even live in the sub division where the incident occurred. They live more than 100 yards away through some woods. Also these supposed witnesses are somehow related to some of Ms. O'Connell's friends and now they have LAWYERS, I wonder why. I am also sure they have been tainted by Agent Rodger's interview tactic of lets have a long conversation prior to the interview so I can show you my evidence or tell you my theory, then you will say what I want when I officially interview you.

BTW, Mr. Gary Carmichael you are not a retired cop, you are a retired supervisor with FDLE and clearly you have been fed BS from the FDLE fountain of lies.

More Facts

Agent Rodgers has lied about evidence to a judge.
    He has used his little pre interview tactic with almost all the people he spoke to in an official capacity.
    He presented false and made up evidence to an ME to get him to change death certificate.
    Agent Rodgers has also caused the O'Connell family to firmly believe that this case was possibly something more than just a tragic suicide. So yes, FDLE and Agent Rodger's do hold ALOT of responsibility for smearing a man's reputation and placing a cloud over him that will probably never go away his entire life.

I predict Agent Rodgers will be indicted on Official Misconduct charges and he and FDLE will lose the civil trial. Sadly, whatever happens to Agent Rodgers will not be as severe as it would have been if he had worked anywhere else other than FDLE.

The facts are FDLE has covered for him, when issues started to arise. FDLE NEVER conducted any kind of true investigation into his illegal actions, even when complaints were lodged. Things will start to happen pretty fast now, so eventually some of the truth will get out about his actions.

Sadly, Michelle O'Connell is still a suicide victim and that is tragic. It is truly sad she picked a permanent solution to temporary life problem.

FDLE is a joke of an agency, let alone a joke of an agency with the authority to oversee other County / Police Agencies when it comes to misconduct. Look in the mirror FDLE, do you like what you see? I don't.

Shame to you and those that steer that ship.

Arrow Re: St.Johns SO ripping FDLE

I have to agree Dave. I cannot believe what went on this case to try and frame a young officer.. God knows what Rusty and crew have done in the past...

Quote Originally Posted by guest224
    I have to agree Dave. I cannot believe what went on this case to try and frame a young officer.. God knows what Rusty and crew have done in the past...
    Just turn your gaze from the NE coast of FL to the panhandle...

PROC for starters.

Looks like Rusty Rodgers got the case moved to Federal Court. I guess this is some legal wrangling by his attorney... I guess he now has two attorneys hired to defend himself now, because I am sure Bill Sheppard is not doing the civil side..

I bet you any depositions with Dominic Pape and Mark Brutnell would be very interesting...

I would also say that FDLE is hoping that old Rusty's case files from past investigations don't get cracked open, I betcha Investigator of the year, has been pulling this kind of illegal stuff for quite a while..

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/ ... eral-court

Retired FDLE Supervisor Gary Carmicheal or maybe if I quoted the papers as you have been all 3, a retired police officer, retired FDLE supervisor or even a retired DEA Agent as was printed recently in the Record.

You continue to try and smear the St. Johns County Sheriffs Office with your very public opinion postings in both the Jacksonville Paper and the most recent one in the St. Augustine Record in reference to the St. Johns Co. S.O. accreditation process which was printed on March 31, 2014.

What you fail to acknowledge is that you are buddies with Dominic Pape and Agent Rusty Rodgers.

You fail to post that many agencies do their own investigations into such an incident like the one that occurred in 2010 and NOT use FDLE because they are really not as qualified to investigate a death case as the actual homicide investigators at the agency itself, in most cases.

You also fail to acknowledge that it was NOT just the Sheriff's Office that cleared the deputy in question but numerous ME's, a State Attorney from another part of the state and various others with a background in LE.

You also fail to want to acknowledge that the only support given to FDLE theory (which was based on manufactured evidence and suppressed exculpatory evidence) was from people and experts that were LIED to and presented FALSE facts from Agent Rodgers and Dominic Pape.

There were actually 3 investigations into this incident, St. Johns S.O., The State Attorneys Office in the 5th district (Brad King) and then the one done by FDLE which is now being investigated by the 8th Circuit and State Attorney Bill Cervone for OFFICIAL MISCONDUCT by FDLE and Rodgers

While its an election year and it is my expectation the "Agent of the year" Rusty Rodgers may not be charged or indicted, he wont escape unscathed and his illegal activities will be exposed.

Your conduct certainly brings into account your lack of integrity.

Once again, key facts which cannot and are not under dispute about this 2010 incident

1. Gun shot residue was all over the suicide victim's hands.
    2. The wound was an inter oral gunshot (meaning she put her lips around the barrel or close to the barrel of the fired gun). No murder victim will suck on the barrel of a gun.
    3. She had a history of violence (she has been arrested for domestic viol before and she was a fighter)
    4. She sent texts to her sister that were so disturbing the sister typed back "YOUR SCARING ME."
    5. She had NO defensive wounds on her body or HANDS
    6. She had Mental Illness issues from when she was a teenager.
    7. SHE was alive when rescue and police arrived and lived for 20 to 30 minutes (If it was a murder as suggested by FDLE, why would the suspect call 911 while she was still alive). She was NOT dead as "Agent of the year" describes in his reports when deputies arrived.

As much as you try and smear Sheriff Shoar and the S.O., you only make yourself look pitiful and incompetent.

If anyone wants to see the Sheriff's Office review, it explains many things and it is public in an effort to be transparent as possible

http://www.sjso.org/?page_id=7109

More good news for FDLE and "Agent of the year" Rodgers

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is facing a lawsuit stemming from the 2010 shooting death of Michelle O'Connell.

Scott O'Connell, Michelle's brother, is suing the FDLE and the lead FDLE investigator in his sister's case, Rusty Rodgers.

The lawsuit claims that he and the O'Connell family were "brainwashed" into believing she was murdered by her boyfriend, St. Johns County Sheriff's Office deputy Jeremy Banks, in 2010.

RELATED: Family seeks to change 'suicide' determination on woman's death certificate

According to the lawsuit filed in St. Johns County Civil Court, Scott says Rodgers withheld evidence and encouraged the O'Connell family to believe Michelle was murdered.

Scott claims Rodgers' actions directly led to his firing from the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office.

RELATED: Michelle O'Connell story draws national attention

Multiple investigations by the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office and the Medical Examiner have classified Michelle's death as a suicide.

The lawsuit alleges that Rodgers intentionally inflicted emotional distress and acted with reckless disregard for Scott's state of mind and that the FDLE was negligent in its supervision of Rodgers.

The lawsuit is seeking damages of $15,000.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/new ... s/7566231/

Very shortly FDLE will be served with additional lawsuits as well as an agent and supervisor personally. Apparently lying for the FDLE is the rule rather than the exception. In this case it will be shown to the Governor in black and white and absolute proof of the agents corruption.
    Very shortly the FDLE will be investigated by the "REAL"agents of the FBI.

FDLE has been is now and always will be just glorified state troopers. Having no idea what real police work is about. They have fallen prey to their own hype and believe they are elite and untouchable.

Soon they will see differently.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast