Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Giving a break on a UTC can get you fired

[quote=Riiiiiiiight]
    Quote Originally Posted by Not so fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by "Not so fast":2m4xr6vu
    I've seen this happen countless times; you bust down the speed to 9 over to save them a few bucks appearing as a nice guy, then they contest the case in court pleading not guilty, thereby shoving it squarely up your a**.
    Very true. I've seen several local officers caught doing that. Lying, even to give someone a "break", is still lying.
    It's not lying if you tell them the correct speed they were stopped for then tell them what you are writing it for. I've seen the judge in court get these cases and have no issue with the officers actions. Furthermore you can amend the ticket before court to show the correct speed if you want as well.
    A ticket is a sworn affidavit. Lying on one is a serious violation.
    That's why you put the actual speed in the notes section. The judge gets to see that as well.
    Good Luck with that Skippy!!!![/quote:2m4xr6vu]

Been doing it for years Skipper!!!! Have also won in court a few times with tickets written that way. Clearly you aren't a LEO or are one who is still wet behind the ears.

[quote=Not so fast][quote=Riiiiiiiight]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Not so fast":1tfaha64
    Quote Originally Posted by "Not so fast":1tfaha64
    I've seen this happen countless times; you bust down the speed to 9 over to save them a few bucks appearing as a nice guy, then they contest the case in court pleading not guilty, thereby shoving it squarely up your a**.
    Very true. I've seen several local officers caught doing that. Lying, even to give someone a "break", is still lying.
    It's not lying if you tell them the correct speed they were stopped for then tell them what you are writing it for. I've seen the judge in court get these cases and have no issue with the officers actions. Furthermore you can amend the ticket before court to show the correct speed if you want as well.
    That's why you put the actual speed in the notes section. The judge gets to see that as well.
    Good Luck with that Skippy!!!![/quote:1tfaha64]

Been doing it for years Skipper!!!! Have also won in court a few times with tickets written that way. Clearly you aren't a LEO or are one who is still wet behind the ears.[/quote:1tfaha64]

You'll find out the hard way there rookie.

Little Gold digging snaggle Grill momma Kelly is in her tantrum mode again.
    She hates when an actually accurate true journalist pens a true an acurate
    article. How dare someone not believe a disgcraced child killing ponytail
    king like Lee Williams. So what he was fired from the Bradenton Herald for
    lying and making up his own facts in a story. And its a moot point that the
    reasons he hates all Law Enforcement is due to his blatant violation of his
    former agencys SOP and killing of two teenagers. Its all everyone elses doing.
    I guess this has nothing at all to do with a suicidal doll house stripper!
    Nope not at all.

[quote=Guest][quote=Not so fast][quote=Riiiiiiiight]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Not so fast":13w787an
    Quote Originally Posted by "Not so fast":13w787an
    Quote Originally Posted by "Guest":13w787an
    Good Luck with that Skippy!!!![/quote:13w787an]

Been doing it for years Skipper!!!! Have also won in court a few times with tickets written that way. Clearly you aren't a LEO or are one who is still wet behind the ears.[/quote:13w787an]

You'll find out the hard way there rookie.[/quote:13w787an]

Ask in the FHP forum, who would know better than those guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12