Quote Originally Posted by Intresting
I find it highly interesting that your implying Fernando Gajate as "Ethical". Where were Gajate's "Ethics" when he was a Sergeant in Internal Affairs, touted with investigating the Power-Trac Scandal. I have a certain arbitration ruling from 2007 where it states the BSO I.A. investigator, (Gajate), in charge of investigating the BSO exceptional crime clearence scandal had absolutely no problem trampling over and ignoring peoples rights, (see below excerpt from ruling) :

"As to the procedural due process, defense raised by the grievant, the
arbitrator finds that the BSO did violate the grievants due process rights by
its suspension of the grievant without pay; failed to conduct a complete investigation into his defenses of BSO's policy by practice relating to falsifications in exceptional clearances; and perhaps other such violations."

Did Gajate recently and miraculously acquire an ethical stance on "doing what is right" because he clearly did not have that same "Ethical" mentality when he faced with the same dilema while conducting his investigation in the BSO crime stat scandal....I'm just curious, or maybe I am just being illogical....

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRooney
So he was demoted for refusing orders from superiors. Wow, you really have the scoop. Why didn't they just fire him? He was and still is in an unprotected position. Dude, come up with a real story and stop making up crap.
No duffus, he was not "Demoted" but voluntarily took the demotion to escape being caught up in the hiring of some people who he feels should not be hired. See Tubbs, that is called ETHICS, something you and the Israel regime still have not grasped!

Could he have been fired? Suppose so, but if you are the Sheriff do you really want this played out in the press? He bowed out of doing anything unethical, still make a decent buck and now one of the FLPD hacks will make the unethical hires which they apparently have no problems in doing!

What is/was the power track scandal?