Still DISGUSTED about the Promotions!!
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Post Still DISGUSTED about the Promotions!!

I just saw the email and I am completely speechless!!!
    WTF Over!!! Everyone that got promoted was already making over
    $100,000 a year!! All of us non-admin folk have not had a pay raise
    In over 6 years. I work so many extra details just to stay afloat and can't
    Move to a new position because of shortage of manpower on the road.
    After all of these sacrifices that I and my fellow deputies have made, this
    Is the thanks we get??? Are you friggin crazy??? How the hell is promoting these
    People going to better anything we do at CCSO.
    All this is a big friggin sham!! I'm so disgusted that Rambosk
    Did this! BS my friends! No more carrying the torch for these people because
    It is obvious that the admin is out of touch with the needs of this agency!!!
    They can all kiss my butt!!
    I posted this last week and I still feel the same way!! I am disgusted and pissed off that this happened. The only position that needed filling was Chief Salley position, THATS IT!! Everything else was a friggin pay raise and a slap in the faces of everyone below the rank of Lt.

Rambosk and staff may feel like this will eventually blow over but I am here to tell you that there are a lot of pissed off employees at CCSO over these "Promotions" (Pay Raises). This is going to come back to haunt him and the admin! Its one thing to follow someone you trust that you believe has your back and your best interest but it is another if you really think that the trust will remain when something like this happens. The sad part about all of this is that they (Rambosk & Admin) have no clue how bad a move this was for morale and continued support / trust.

I can't speak for others but I can assure you that I have worked, sacrificed and barely scraped by financially too long to just let this go on without it affecting my morale. You have broken my spirit with this ridiculous promotions shenanigans. For now on I am doing as little as possible because the public and the admin could care less about us!! Don't get me wrong, I will do my job but I will not be giving anything extra... nothing!!

What a sad day for CCSO!!

Re: Still DISGUSTED about the Promotions!!

i for one think all of these moves were needed and that the pay increases were well deserved. now i am also in need of a hole in the head can anyone help me out please?

Quote Originally Posted by Still Disgusted
    I just saw the email and I am completely speechless!!!
    WTF Over!!! Everyone that got promoted was already making over
    $100,000 a year!! All of us non-admin folk have not had a pay raise
    In over 6 years. I work so many extra details just to stay afloat and can't
    Move to a new position because of shortage of manpower on the road.
    After all of these sacrifices that I and my fellow deputies have made, this
    Is the thanks we get??? Are you friggin crazy??? How the hell is promoting these
    People going to better anything we do at CCSO.
    All this is a big friggin sham!! I'm so disgusted that Rambosk
    Did this! BS my friends! No more carrying the torch for these people because
    It is obvious that the admin is out of touch with the needs of this agency!!!
    They can all kiss my butt!!
    I posted this last week and I still feel the same way!! I am disgusted and pissed off that this happened. The only position that needed filling was Chief Salley position, THATS IT!! Everything else was a friggin pay raise and a slap in the faces of everyone below the rank of Lt.

Rambosk and staff may feel like this will eventually blow over but I am here to tell you that there are a lot of pissed off employees at CCSO over these "Promotions" (Pay Raises). This is going to come back to haunt him and the admin! Its one thing to follow someone you trust that you believe has your back and your best interest but it is another if you really think that the trust will remain when something like this happens. The sad part about all of this is that they (Rambosk & Admin) have no clue how bad a move this was for morale and continued support / trust.

I can't speak for others but I can assure you that I have worked, sacrificed and barely scraped by financially too long to just let this go on without it affecting my morale. You have broken my spirit with this ridiculous promotions shenanigans. For now on I am doing as little as possible because the public and the admin could care less about us!! Don't get me wrong, I will do my job but I will not be giving anything extra... nothing!!

What a sad day for CCSO!!
    I know of several who have already made plans to jump ship but sadly the honest truth is that with limited jobs in the area, the admin know they can hand it too us and we simply have to take it which is fine because we all know what happened 10 or so years ago when HR couldn't keep up with the pace of openings and they were hiring five to fifteen people each payday and cramming them into the little orientation room by the elevator. The same thing will happen here shortly when jobs increase in our line of work and other local agencies are in need. Sadly it is the public that suffers when the good folks leave for better agencies, but it is what it is. What we need to do is throw our support behind someone who has experience and is willing to be a better Sheriff. No, I am not talking about any of the most recent clowns that have ran against KR, I'm talking about someone solid who has local, relevant experience and someone who is wanting to change the agency for the better. Someone who can see the position as Sheriff as a law enforcement position and not someone who covers up his own actions, the actions of others under him that he likes, and someone who is not afraid to stand up for the men and women that server him (or her) in all roles within the agency. The last thing we need is a politician giving reach arounds...opps i'm sorry, outreach. Dang I get that one wrong every time. Oh well.

I don't know why you all keep complaining so much about things. Collier is known as one of the best agencies in the SWFL region. I'm with another agency now, but I really enjoyed my time with CCSO. I didn't care too much for DH, and I think KR is his son. But all in all, you all should be glad you work for CCSO.

As for the Sheriff's position, that position has always been a polictical position. That's what an elected position is for the most part. Stop complaining and do your job! Be grateful that you have a job with a good agency that needs some minor fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex CCSO
    I don't know why you all keep complaining so much about things. Collier is known as one of the best agencies in the SWFL region. I'm with another agency now, but I really enjoyed my time with CCSO. I didn't care too much for DH, and I think KR is his son. But all in all, you all should be glad you work for CCSO.

As for the Sheriff's position, that position has always been a polictical position. That's what an elected position is for the most part. Stop complaining and do your job! Be grateful that you have a job with a good agency that needs some minor fixing.
    Spoken like a true Chief! Can a bum a fee bucks off of you? I will pay you back when the rest of us get the same % increase admin has gotten year after year for the past five years.

Why did you start a new thread to continue venting? Are you gonna also open a 'radio problems- part 2' thread?
    I honestly thought the end of that email was gonna say, "Also, I am pleased to announce a 5% pay increase for everyone else". But it was not to be, yet anyway. I will hold out hope for a month. Congrats to those promoted, hard work and education pay off and I have no ill will towards any of those promoted. If it was me, I would hope people would be happy for me. That being said, WHAT ABOUT A RAISE FOR THE TROOPS?!?
    Those considering leaving, I would say fine tune the resume if you must, lose some weight if you are one of the chubby ones, stay positive, no one will hire you if all you do is complain about your last job. And lastly, keep it in perspective, there's 100 people waiting for your job that are either unemployed or making a lot less then you at some other more dangerous department (like Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Tampa, Orlando, Ft Myers, etc)....no matter how bad you think you have it, someone always has it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by uhhh what
    Why did you start a new thread to continue venting? Are you gonna also open a 'radio problems- part 2' thread?
    I honestly thought the end of that email was gonna say, "Also, I am pleased to announce a 5% pay increase for everyone else". But it was not to be, yet anyway. I will hold out hope for a month. Congrats to those promoted, hard work and education pay off and I have no ill will towards any of those promoted. If it was me, I would hope people would be happy for me. That being said, WHAT ABOUT A RAISE FOR THE TROOPS?!?
    Those considering leaving, I would say fine tune the resume if you must, lose some weight if you are one of the chubby ones, stay positive, no one will hire you if all you do is complain about your last job. And lastly, keep it in perspective, there's 100 people waiting for your job that are either unemployed or making a lot less then you at some other more dangerous department (like Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Tampa, Orlando, Ft Myers, etc)....no matter how bad you think you have it, someone always has it worse.
    You are an arrogant TOOL and it is exactly this type of logic that allowed the Sheriff to do what he did. In fact, you are probably one of the ones who convinced him to execute this morale busting nightmare... Fine tune resume, lose some weight, 100 people wanting my job??? You are so far out of touch with reality that you make me sick! You sit back and preach to others the very acts of police work you, yourself, are unable and unwilling to do!! More dangerous departments??? The job is not any less dangerous in Naples you fool! The frequency of violence may be less but it is not less dangerous and then to end your pathetic, arse kissing comments with the typical liberal entitlement of "Someone somewhere else has it worse"! Well let me tell you brother, somewhere someone has it much better! We are not here to compare ourselves with anyone else. We are here to talk about our job, our world and our facts as we know it which DIRECTLY affect us! So butt out of the real conversation that real cops are having and go back to living in your fantasy world.

People like you is exactly why there has been the great pussification of America.

FRS does not base their calculations on detail pay and admin positions are overtime exempt. We all know that PDO buyback is based on current PDO and incentive pay has a maximum amount any individual person can get. So, unless someone sells back 300 hours one year and 500 the next and then 700 the next followed by a 1000 hours the next, which we all know is impossible based the amount of PDO we earn each check, KR's defense does not hold water and anyone trying to say that the numbers obtained from floridaopengov.org (pulled from the FRS system) is either clueless or part of the group getting raises!

Between 2007 and 2011 the following increases in pay took place

Stephanie Spell 48% increase and in 2011 made $122,413
    Andrea Marsh 35% increase and in 2011 made $115,852
    Jay Mulholland 31% increase and in 2011 made $103,417
    Elizabeth Richards 28% increase and in 2011 made $130,290
    William McDonald 21% increase and in 2011 made $140,263
    Leslie Weidenhammer 21% increase and in 2011 made $94,209
    Fletcher Fuller 20% increase and in 2011 made $90,985
    Harvey Lewis 20% increase and in 2011 made $136,081
    Rodney Bishop 19% increase and in 2011 made $121,088
    Jose Carrillo 19% increase and in 2011 made $95,912
    Daniel Anderson 18% increase and in 2011 made $122,206
    Mark Baker 17% increase and in 2011 made $135,571
    Michael Hedberg 16% increase and in 2011 made $139,433
    William Dean 16% increase and in 2011 made $91,938
    Timothy Guerrette 15% increase and in 2011 made $132,053
    David White 15% increase and in 2011 made $87,611
    Ronald Mosbach 15% increase and in 2011 made $86,762
    Keith Blake 14% increase
    Bradley Simmons 14% increase
    Robert Bredwell 14% increase
    Robert Maxfield 14% increase
    Rosario Arigo 13% increase
    Richard Hampton 13% increase
    Drew Lee 13% increase
    Christoper Roberts 13% increase
    Anthony Repicky 12% increase
    G Holland 12% increase
    Keith Christiansen 12% increase
    Andrew Prisco 12% increase
    Richard Gibbons 12% increase
    Patti Anderson 12% increase
    Edward Henderson 12% increase
    Pastora Rodriguez 12% increase
    Rebecca Adams 12% increase
    Paul Oler 11% increase
    Elizabeth Jones 11% increase
    R Barnett 11% increase
    Bob Finney 11% increase
    John Wargo 11% increase
    Thomas Wedlock 11% increase
    Michael Haburjak 11% increase
    WIlliam Rule 10% increase

While some have honestly increased their pay through details, a large number have not and if there is a question about overtime exempt positions look at the job postings that HR puts out, it says it right at the top of the posting. Some people in this agency think we are a bunch of blind uneducated rats running around, i'm going to venture to say that is not the case. The next time I am sweating my balls off directing traffic at a detail I can think back to March of 2013 and be blessed that because of my hard work in saving money, some paper pusher has gotten a raise upwards of nearly 50%! But who am I to complain I got a 2% raise just in time for my social security tax to go up. Ahh the bliss of dealing with dirtbags for low pay so someone making over $100k can give me a cell phone that doesn't work and an MDT that up down up down up down but seems to work well when I get a very important survey to complete!

Wow.... WTF happen to this agency?!

When I worked there, I didn't see or hear so many pansies as I'm seeing and hearing now. It's like another previous poster said, someone somewhere would be more than happy to take your place in a heartbeat. And yes, they are way more dangerous depts and agencies to work for other than CCSO. Let me tell you, those of you working out in the glades, ooooo scary stuff! with skunkape running around and stuff... (insert sarcasm)

You all remember when you graduated from the academy and were happy as hell to get hired onto an agency. You all didn't care much about the polictical side of it. Agencies are run like corporations nowadays and that is truly sad. However, instead of hating those higher ranked than you. Why don't you all stop complaining and work hard to go up the ranks? It's like the old saying "If you can't beat them, join them"

I am not sure why anyone would be mad at those that got promoted and got a raise. Good for them, its not their fault. If the boss came to any of the members and said I am promoting you to Chief or Captain and giving you a raise, no one would turn it down. Fault lies with the man in charge and he ultimately made the bad decision to make those promotions and spend that money and he has to be held accountable for that. I venutre to guess he was having a hard time in his own mind justifying it and thats why the promotions were made on a Friday and no official email was sent till the following Tuesday. He was in the process of writing something similar to that from 2011 when he told the citizens of Collier County that no member had received a pay increase since 2008, which we now know is not true. I cant wait to see how the members will be "sold" an increase to their health insurance or the fact we have no money to purchase new cars or equipment. The economy is starting to turn around, houses are selling, and homes are being built. This next budget is an opportunity for the man in charge to go to the County Commission and tell them he needs a budget increase to offset the 10% raises he is implementing across the board for all members. Not likely though that will happen and money will again be returned to the county at the end of the year.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast