HIRING?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HIRING??

Re: HIRING??

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BYOB
    Good idea, needs to submitted to Rick, even better if they bought their own uniforms and paid for operating expenses on their equipment. ////

Yup. Make it like a club. You pay Rick five hundred dollars a year and BYOB ( bring your own boat ) and you get to play FWC reserve .
    Man, what a great idea. Pay the state a fee to wear the uniform and enforce the laws. You are on the ball.
    Think you may have missed the concept of a reserve officer program. May have been too complex for ya.

Think you may have missed the concept of a reserve officer program. May have been too complex for ya. ///

Oh I do understand the concept. But. Do you understand the reality ?

Thanks for all the advice, but ive wanted to be a FWC officer for a long time. i like that kind of work and outdoors enviroment and to me its not about the pay, im not doing the job for the pay, im doing it because thats what i want to do. plus im a single male and very very good with managing my money so 33k a year is perfectly fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by js92
    Thanks for all the advice, but ive wanted to be a FWC officer for a long time. i like that kind of work and outdoors enviroment and to me its not about the pay, im not doing the job for the pay, im doing it because thats what i want to do. plus im a single male and very very good with managing my money so 33k a year is perfectly fine for me.
    You won't think so after ten years.

You won't think so after ten years.
    Wait until you have two or three children and your wife leaves you because you can't support them.

First off When/If i do get married I'm gonna hope my wife has a decent job and i would hope shes not the type of woman who just relies on her significant other for everything, and like i stated before, I'm good with managing my money, I'm not a big spender and I'm VERY good at saving money. That's what the problem with a lot of people nowadays, They cant manage their money. I'm not doing law enforcement for the money, I'm doing it for the experience and to be able to serve and protect people and wildlife.

First off When/If i do get married I'm gonna hope my wife has a decent job and i would hope shes not the type of woman who just relies on her significant other for everything, and like i stated before, I'm good with managing my money, I'm not a big spender and I'm VERY good at saving money. That's what the problem with a lot of people nowadays, They cant manage their money. I'm not doing law enforcement for the money, I'm doing it for the experience and to be able to serve and protect people and wildlife.

Then why don't you volunteer and be a reserve, then you can do it for free. Let those that love the job but want to get paid for their work do these jobs. I don't care what you say, reality is nobody wants to work for free. And many before you have come here with the same attitude, let me tell you, your perspective will change when you qualify for welfare and always working. Better hope your one day spouse likes living in trailers, or has a really good job, and never gets laid off.

Good luck!!!

I agree 100% I am getting into this career myself because I want to serve and protect the people and wildlife not for the money thats whats wrong with people these days they do not get into a career they would like and enjoy instead they find a job that is paying good money and then they are going to bit** and complain how bad they hate what they do. I rather be a cop earn an average income and love what I do.

You can serve the public in any LE agency to check that block. You cannot earn a good wage though in any LE agency.

That is why I tell young people entering this career to select an agency that has a step plan and COLA. I won't recommend any Florida state agency to a person for employment.

I know the chain of command has advised to BOLO for qualified applicants since it is difficult to find prospective employees to work here. I do not think it would be that difficult if the pay was more in line with the national average.

$33K is in the bottom 5% of what LEOs (patrol officers) are paid in the US. The average is about $55K.

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/Protective-Se...ives.htm#tab-5

Do what you want guy, but don't say you weren't warned, and good luck in all your future endeavors.

You can serve the public in any LE agency to check that block. You cannot earn a good wage though in any LE agency.

That is why I tell young people entering this career to select an agency that has a step plan and COLA. I won't recommend any Florida state agency to a person for employment.

I know the chain of command has advised to BOLO for qualified applicants since it is difficult to find prospective employees to work here. I do not think it would be that difficult if the pay was more in line with the national average.

$33K is in the bottom 5% of what LEOs (patrol officers) are paid in the US. The average is about $55K.

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/Protective-Se...ives.htm#tab-5

Do what you want guy, but don't say you weren't warned, and good luck in all your future endeavors.
    Great post.

I don't think anyone is trying to tell you that you liking your job is not important. But eventually, take it from us who have been doing this for a while, you will eventually want to be paid more adequately for your experience, knowledge etc. It will become frustrating when you are training someone and they make the exact same as you when they are brand new with zero experience and you have lots of experience.

I agree that a job that you like is important. If you are not independantly wealthy you will eventually want to be paid a living wage. The starting pay may seem good to you now, but that will change. Almost all of us have at one time had the same opinion as none of us got into this job to be rich. Most of us love the job. But to say that pay will never be a concern for you is naive.

Best of luck getting hired. It is a great job, fun and what you make of it. Just be warned, your opinion on fun and being able to pay the power bill may become a conflict eventually.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast