HIRING?? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HIRING??

Re: HIRING??

Quote Originally Posted by js92
    First off When/If i do get married I'm gonna hope my wife has a decent job and i would hope shes not the type of woman who just relies on her significant other for everything, and like i stated before, I'm good with managing my money, I'm not a big spender and I'm VERY good at saving money. That's what the problem with a lot of people nowadays, They cant manage their money. I'm not doing law enforcement for the money, I'm doing it for the experience and to be able to serve and protect people and wildlife.
    The wage is not average, that is the problem. Bottom 5% in the country in a state that is the 4th most populated. So yes, some people do complain because they can't afford a car, utilities, food or any occasional entertainment. Average wage would be great. It is 55K for the USA, not 33K, or 33K after 10 years of service either.

Good luck to you and hope it all works out. It is a fun job. Most of us had the same view point as you at some time in our careers.

How has Florida managed to keep wages so low in spite of the fact the national average for a patrol officer is about $18,000 more than the wage for a Florida LEO?

It doesn't make any sense, I always thought that we were at least close to the national average. I mean we do have a union don't we? How did it get this far out of proportion?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    How has Florida managed to keep wages so low in spite of the fact the national average for a patrol officer is about $18,000 more than the wage for a Florida LEO?

It doesn't make any sense, I always thought that we were at least close to the national average. I mean we do have a union don't we? How did it get this far out of proportion?
    It is not the union's fault. The problem is it is a right to work state and the Union really has no power over what the legislature chooses to do. At a local level, the unions are directly bargaining with a group of politicians that could be more closely impacted by decisions, at the State Level the politicians don't care. Plus, the public thinks we make huge salaries and that makes it easy for the legislature to not care about our wages.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Hopefully i will make the next academy. This is my dream job

It is a good job. If only they would pay us to do it ...*sigh*

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234