Big Raise!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Raise!

Big Raise!

Everyone, keep an eye on our leaders. Looks like our fellow state employees in the teaching side are about to get a BIG raise. That will come in handy while they are on vacation for three months this summer! Now, you FWC guys, that rain and wind will let up a little later. Get out on the water!

Re: Big Raise!

Ricky is trying to buy off the Teachers before the next election. The ones I have spoken to are not falling for it. Charlie Christ for Gov.

Who needs a pay raise.

Remember why we do this job (4 things my former supervisor told me who no doubt will be director someday when I griped about low pay):

1) You do it for fun.
    2) We don't work when we are at work. (We just ride around in a boat all day.)
    3) Our spouses (who hopefully are teachers getting a raise) have good paying jobs so we don't need to worry about money.
    4) We are retired from another job so we can afford to eat without working off duty.

Oh, and if you think money isn't everything, read this one. If a dog handler gets $100K/year then I know I am doing this for fun.

http://minutemennews.com/2013/03/oba...ly-dog-walker/

Man, $100K a year to take care of a dog. What a job.

I bet it isn't fun though.

Yeah, taking care of a dog is no fun no wonder the pay is $100K. Sure feel bad for the guy or gal that does it.

That's a picture of Bo with Reggie Love, Obama's past personal assistant. Love's salary was $102,000/year when he worked for Obama. The White House does not employ a dog trainer/walker.

Most of this stuff comes from right wing blogs that repeat chain e-mail BS. This is why the conservative media has a credibility crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by More BS
    That's a picture of Bo with Reggie Love, Obama's past personal assistant. Love's salary was $102,000/year when he worked for Obama. The White House does not employ a dog trainer/walker.

Most of this stuff comes from right wing blogs that repeat chain e-mail BS. This is why the conservative media has a credibility crisis.
    It's a good thing the liberal media doesn't have a reputation for slanting, creative editing, or refusing to print news in contrast with their ideology. :snicker:

One of our best junior officers is resigning and going to the private sector. I wonder if this will be a trend now.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    One of our best junior officers is resigning and going to the private sector. I wonder if this will be a trend now.
    this has been the trend for 20 years now. the best move on to better. the others stick around and wait for things to get better.

It's a good thing the liberal media doesn't have a reputation for slanting, creative editing, or refusing to print news in contrast with their ideology ///

Yep. Then they would be called FOX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast