Same ish, different agency??

Same ish, different agency??

I never bothered to read anything on LEO affairs, but a colleague turned me on to it. Every blue moon, I do check. I'm finding a lot of gossip, rumors, and nonsense. I decided to leave my agency for a smaller, more peaceful, and sane environment. After reading most of the posts here, I'm realizing the same immature antics that occur in other agencies also exist here. If I worked at McDonald's, I would expect this kind of juvenile behavior. Police officers are public figures, and I'm quite sure citizens don't expect LEO's to carry on like middle-schoolers. Not to say anything bad about any officers who have posted here, because I'm sure there is some truth to most of what is posted. I've experienced the harassment (being an attractive female), working with lazy officers who somehow manage to be promoted, watching good officers quit, become terminated, or black-balled for not drinking the Kool-Aid, and have known of superiors sleeping with subordinates. It's truly a shame what has become of our profession. It's horrible.

Should I stay where I am? Unfortunately, my experiences have soured my whole outlook on law enforcement. I never expected officers to behave like they do, and what's unfortunate is that anyone who stands for truth will always come out on the losing end. I love policing, but I didn't sign up for this. Any advice?

Re: Same ish, different agency??

I don't think our agency is any different from any other, but I see where you coming from. Good luck with whatever decision you make. We could use a good cop here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie
    I don't think our agency is any different from any other, but I see where you coming from. Good luck with whatever decision you make. We could use a good cop here.

Oh believe me... WGPD is different than many other agencies...and not for the better.

Yeah. I don't know what Sweetie is talking about. WGPD is a joke. Good cops don't end up here, and if they do, they don't last long. I could drop names, but why go there? If you got options, run for your life!

Run for your life