Toll Road/purse strings
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Toll Road/purse strings

Has anyone heard the new orders that are being given out in D3? Unless the deputy is driving through a toll booth during their 12 hour shift, that deputy better have some change in his pocket.
    New order from D3 is "If you are not 'officially' on your 12 hour shift duty, you must pay for tolls out of your own pocket." Yes I am talking about when in your patrol car. So on your way to off-duty, on your way home, etc you are supposed to stop, reach in your pockets and pay. What is strange though is I thought we were on duty 24 hours a day?

Anyone else hear anything at their districts?

Re: Toll Road/purse strings

Quote Originally Posted by Dep-yo-tee
    Has anyone heard the new orders that are being given out in D3? Unless the deputy is driving through a toll booth during their 12 hour shift, that deputy better have some change in his pocket.
    New order from D3 is "If you are not 'officially' on your 12 hour shift duty, you must pay for tolls out of your own pocket." Yes I am talking about when in your patrol car. So on your way to off-duty, on your way home, etc you are supposed to stop, reach in your pockets and pay. What is strange though is I thought we were on duty 24 hours a day?

Anyone else hear anything at their districts?

OMG!! If your in that marked car, in uniform, you are required to be monitoring the radio and subject to respond to calls regardless of wheter it's your regular 12 hour shift or not so this is just crazy if ya ask me. Of course no one did but I don't care. :snicker:

For some reason this does not seem right. I thought emergency vehicles were exempt from the tolls which is why at one time we just had to sign the toll receipt.

If someone took the time and looked at the budget for HCSO I bet you would not see a payment to the County Crosstown Authority nor the State Toll Road Authority. We are ecempt, just like being exempt from charges when parked in a parking spot that has a meter.

It's just another asinine rule promulgated by an asinine supervisor. Live with it.

Actually it's another asinine rule placed in effect by none other then the red-headed stepchild of the HCSO, D3. Everyone knows that D3 is in its own little world....... :roll:

Your captain is dying to make major. Nuff said.

It's all good. In D1, are Major says we can't get gas after the morning roll call. But on ever other morning we can. Ohh and the night roll calls can get gas after there done.

Quote Originally Posted by D1 Darkhorse
    It's all good. In D1, are Major says we can't get gas after the morning roll call. But on ever other morning we can. Ohh and the night roll calls can get gas after there done.

Labor board says you gas up on HCSO time. I guess Ray never got the memo in the early 80"s

but the agency spends --millions-- in 2 years on this stupid lodis dna swab garbage that has pathetic results according to a det I talked to, and d3 can't spring for tolls? wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by ridiculous
    but the agency spends --millions-- in 2 years on this stupid lodis dna swab garbage that has pathetic results according to a det I talked to, and d3 can't spring for tolls? wtf.

Like I said, I think you will find that government agencies are exempt from paying the toll.

Do yourself a favor and call the authority and ask.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast