GEO thru Pasco Sheriff - take over Community Corrections ?
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

GEO thru Pasco Sheriff - take over Community Corrections ?

Another thread out there but it has became cluttered with some off topic things.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/pasco-news/...iff-ar-202234/

Nocco appointed to the position of Sheriff by Governor Scott at only 35 years of age and 2 years with that Sheriff's Office it appears ? Looking below we see how it happened in reality.

"Nocco has been considered the favorite since White announced his retirement last month. He has worked for the sheriff's office since 2009 and was recently promoted from captain to major.

Nocco's wife, Bridget, is a Republican Party consultant described as a "prodigious" fundraiser. Nocco was deputy chief of staff when Marco Rubio was speaker of the state House of Representatives.

The writing is on the wall. It appears GEO expects to get some more contracts from the state and is using this Sheriff imo to help them get their foot in the door with community corrections. Too many connections for this to be coincidence as they just need the law changed to allow counties to contract with the state on community corrections to allow GEO to get in big time. They are looking to privatize big time while assuring the public with the this Sheriff talking about contacts with s. offenders. The question is will GEO be able to pull this off before Scott leaves office if he doesn't win re-election. GEO has paid a lot of money to legislators also.

He moved to top staff job at the Florida Highway Patrol, then, two years ago, followed other ex-Rubio staffers to the Pasco County Sheriff's Office.

Monday, Nocco acknowledged his political ties but again pushed the conversation back to a collective ownership of the sheriff's office."

It really gets good below:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/localgo...ng-job/1167559

"Bridget Nocco, the wife of the newly minted Pasco County sheriff, has accepted a high-profile job of her own with the powerful Tallahassee lobbying firm Smith and Ballard.
    The firm, headed by former Attorney General Jim Smith and longtime political operative Brian Ballard, announced the move Tuesday. Nocco, "known nationally as a top-tier Republican fundraiser," will head up the firm's fundraising efforts, according to a release.

Founded in 1989, the company has offices in Tallahassee, Jacksonville and West Palm Beach. Its list of clients includes private prison firm the GEO Group, utilities giant Florida Power & Light and the New York Yankees. Ballard and his wife led the fundraising effort for Gov. Rick Scott's inauguration in January.

During last fall's election cycle, Bridget Nocco, 36, worked on the finance team for gubernatorial candidate Bill McCollum before switching to Scott's campaign after he won the Republican primary. She earned $185,000 from the Republican Party of Florida and political committees during that time.

Re: GEO thru Pasco Sheriff - take over Community Corrections

The writing is on the wall. It appears GEO expects to get some more contracts from the state and is using this Sheriff imo to help them get their foot in the door with community corrections. Too many connections for this to be coincidence as they just need the law changed to allow counties to contract with the state on community corrections to allow GEO to get in big time. They are looking to privatize big time while assuring the public with the this Sheriff talking about contacts with s. offenders. The question is will GEO be able to pull this off before Scott leaves office if he doesn't win re-election. GEO has paid a lot of money to legislators also

" NEW PORT RICHEY — Two Pasco probation officers were disciplined in 2011 for chasing a suspect instead of calling deputies to handle the pursuit. A new policy says probation officers can't search the computers of offenders, including sex offenders. And probation officers share one agency vehicle per office, limiting home checks on offenders, said Pasco Sheriff Chris Nocco."

Well one things is for sure the Sheriff has a direct line to Pasco Probation Officers for info and he is right about that one state vehicle mess (most broke down at that) really messing our jobs up big time.

[youtube:31a9rnzk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvzAlBZ-k1s[/youtube:31a9rnzk]

GREAT! Maybe we'll actually get paid enough to live a little better and not have to worry each month how to pay the Florida Power and Light bill....GOOOOOOO NOCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    The writing is on the wall. It appears GEO expects to get some more contracts from the state and is using this Sheriff imo to help them get their foot in the door with community corrections. Too many connections for this to be coincidence as they just need the law changed to allow counties to contract with the state on community corrections to allow GEO to get in big time. They are looking to privatize big time while assuring the public with the this Sheriff talking about contacts with s. offenders. The question is will GEO be able to pull this off before Scott leaves office if he doesn't win re-election. GEO has paid a lot of money to legislators also

we will live to regret this, believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxx

So go back to The Department of Children and Families, or Juvenile Justice.

So go back to The Department of Children and Families, or Juvenile Justice.
    You know going back to DCF might not be a bad idea! Hired 2011 making $39,752.

DCF fires employee arrest in drug, battery case

Feb 25, 2013 |

A Department of Children and Families employee has been fired following his Wednesday arrest on charges of drug possession, battery on an officer and having a weapon while committing a felony.

Raymond Denson Jr., 29, of Lehigh Acres, was hired as a child protective investigator by DCF in 2011, according to DCF spokeswoman Terri Durdaller.

Police pulled Denson over on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard on Wednesday for illegal window tint on his vehicle, according to a Fort Myers Police Department report. During the stop, officers discovered an unsecured handgun on the floor of the driver’s side of the vehicle.

A K-9 search turned up a marijuana seed in the vehicle, at which point officers decided to search Denson. Denson did not cooperate, according to the report. When officers told him to open his clenched hands, Denson refused and struck an officer twice in the abdomen with his knee. Denson was taken to the ground, where he continued to fight the officers.

When officers finally got Denson to open his hands, they discovered he had been holding several small bags containing 1.8 grams of heroin.

DCF fired Denson on Thursday, the day after his arrest, Durdaller said. Denson has 10 days to contest the decision.

“The recent drug-related behavior of a Fort Myers child protective investigator while off duty betrays the trust and confidence that all Floridians have in our department’s employees,” Durdaller said in an email. “Drug abuse by an employee will not be tolerated, and although we may not be able to predict human behavior, we can ensure consequences are delivered. The department began the process to terminate Mr. Denson as soon as we learned of his arrest.”

Denson earned $39,752 a year with DCF. There are no disciplinary reports in his personnel file.

I think you may be right.

I think you may be right.
    I know you are right sadly for the ones who are having to stay this could suck. I have worked hard here and I am able to leave if i want. i like what the job was , and just wish it could go back to what it once was. I am in drop now and will hang till it over, unless someone says different. Will the last PO left please take the mission statement.

ps to the few PO in Pasco who started this when you could not win the sherriff race you decided on this , loser you are.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast