SOT Training - Page 2
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SOT Training

Re: SOT Training

What a joke. I bet it really turns the SOT instructors on to to talk to recruits like they're garbage. 2 weeks of that bs and then a full academy, sounds awesome. There's nothing really special about HCSO, so why would anyone with prior experience want to work here instead of one of the many other Bay area agencies?

Btw, it's been like five years since this mandatory SOT/academy was instituted. When the hell is it going away?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    What a joke. I bet it really turns the SOT instructors on to to talk to recruits like they're garbage. 2 weeks of that bs and then a full academy, sounds awesome. There's nothing really special about HCSO, so why would anyone with prior experience want to work here instead of one of the many other Bay area agencies?

Btw, it's been like five years since this mandatory SOT/academy was instituted. When the hell is it going away?

Did you go though HCSO SOT?

Pick any other agency in the area BUT Hcso. The Sot boot camp shit is ridiculous especially for prior law enforcement. If you really want to get insulted and pt'd until muscle failure join the marines...

Pick any other agency in the area BUT Hcso. The Sot boot camp shit is ridiculous especially for prior law enforcement. If you really want to get insulted and pt'd until muscle failure join the marines...

[youtube:3gb5wqan]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GegQ9iQ7xgI[/youtube:3gb5wqan]

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    I sure as shit didn't. Why would I? Let's say I got interested in working for HCSO. Then I see that even though I wear the same uniform with a different patch, I have to allow myself to be treated like dirt by SOT instructors...and then attend a FULL academy. I have to "earn the right to be called CADET". F that, I'm pretty sure my star already says Deputy.

SOT is a joke, and I'd put my numbers up against of the wannabe Marines in that video. I'm sure they would win in the "who got more trainees to puke" category, but I'd destroy them on felony arrests. Actually, are the instructors even cops or are they jail guys? The video shows them marching around with no gun belt in Class A's.

And it's not like HCSO is so fully staffed that they can easily turn away everyone. So keep on hiring brand new people and indoctrinating them into the "HCSO owns you" philosophy. You'll end up with experience/years on disparity that SPPD found themselves with.

Finally, if a recruit can't hack it, they have to ring the bell? Like in BUD/S? Seriously? I wouldn't be surprised if SOT instructors considered themselves to be like SEAL instructors. LOL. Rant over.

[youtube:2tprvti8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GegQ9iQ7xgI[/youtube:2tprvti8]

I sure as shit didn't. Why would I? Let's say I got interested in working for HCSO. Then I see that even though I wear the same uniform with a different patch, I have to allow myself to be treated like dirt by SOT instructors...and then attend a FULL academy. I have to "earn the right to be called CADET". F that, I'm pretty sure my star already says Deputy.

SOT is a joke, and I'd put my numbers up against of the wannabe Marines in that video. I'm sure they would win in the "who got more trainees to puke" category, but I'd destroy them on felony arrests. Actually, are the instructors even cops or are they jail guys? The video shows them marching around with no gun belt in Class A's.

And it's not like HCSO is so fully staffed that they can easily turn away everyone. So keep on hiring brand new people and indoctrinating them into the "HCSO owns you" philosophy. You'll end up with experience/years on disparity that SPPD found themselves with.

Finally, if a recruit can't hack it, they have to ring the bell? Like in BUD/S? Seriously? I wouldn't be surprised if SOT instructors considered themselves to be like SEAL instructors. LOL. Rant over.

And with an attitude like yours I doubt we would take you.

You see sometiimes in life we have to put up with a little garbage to seek the rewards.

Saw on the news yesterday that the HCSO held a "career orientation". Said that they are looking for 300 new deputies....

Saw on the news yesterday that the HCSO held a "career orientation". Said that they are looking for 300 new deputies....

8 years ago HCSO was down 200 deputies. Now that number has grown to 300, or so you have posted. Unless they start hiring pre-certs and forgo the academy, they will never catch up.

8 years ago HCSO was down 200 deputies. Now that number has grown to 300, or so you have posted. Unless they start hiring pre-certs and forgo the academy, they will never catch up.
    Well sir, Im taking the PAA this Friday. I will do my best to chip away at that number!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast