Broward Trooper Arrests Man for releasing Helium Balloon - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Broward Trooper Arrests Man for releasing Helium Balloon

Sounds like we have some troopers who America is a police state. Maybe they should move to one of those commuist countries where that really does go on. Here in America we still have rights.

Re: Broward Trooper Arrests Man for releasing Helium Balloon

The reason they yelled at recruits at the academy was to find out if you had the ability to do this job or if you were one of those who fly off the handle and do the wrong thing.

Did the academy stop doing that?

If so that explains why the new troopers have not a single clue how to do this job.

Unregistered
    Why is everyone angry at the Cop? Marine Life dies from mylar ballons

Unregistered
    “The elite”.

Unregistered
    Quit responding to topics that are older than most troopers

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1822094
    Not that I'm defending the arrest (see my above post about it being a noncriminal infraction, in my opinion) but I must respectfully disagree with your philosophy.

1. How do we know there was "no harm done"----there's no way to determine (absent finding and accounting for all 12 balloons) if the balloons caused harm to the environment.

2. Many of the UTC's we issue is in response to behavior that isn't malicious and hasn't caused harm---yet. For example, you stop someone for 20 over, write them a UTC. Had they harmed anyone yet? No. Could that speed possibly cause harm? Yes. Is it illegal? Ye Red light ticket, same thing. If the driver "successfully" (without causing a crash) runs the red light, they haven't harmed anyone either. But a citation is still in order because it is a violation. If your logic holds true then Troopers should ignore all violations that either aren't malicious (which, as Troopers, we don't see as many "malicious" actions as other LEOs) or haven't caused harm (such as a crash).
    Meanwhile during the arrest of this man doing an act of love to his intimate other, a woman was raped by some pos, a home invasion robbery occurred, someone was murdered, 4 cars were stolen and an arsonist burned down a house.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Meanwhile during the arrest of this man doing an act of love to his intimate other, a woman was raped by some pos, a home invasion robbery occurred, someone was murdered, 4 cars were stolen and an arsonist burned down a house.
    Dont forget he exhaled carbon dioxide too when he lectured the couple. I participated in a balloon release at a funeral once but this trooper was not there I guess.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789