Got the boot today - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Got the boot today

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A RESAON...F the FHP...

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by It Happens
    My first wife was not accepted at two PDs and two SOs because she used Marijuana when she was 19.
    Thats insane.... Was she able to land at a different agency?
    Nope, she gave up after that.

To the OP,
    I am sorry you could not make it to the process. Any hard drug such as steroid, crack, cocaine, etc.... are an automatic DQ. Thanks for telling us the truth and good luck with the other agencies you have applied to. It's not a matter of how long ago you took steroid. It is an automatic per FHP policy.
    Good luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nono45
    To the OP,
    I am sorry you could not make it to the process. Any hard drug such as steroid, crack, cocaine, etc.... are an automatic DQ. Thanks for telling us the truth and good luck with the other agencies you have applied to. It's not a matter of how long ago you took steroid. It is an automatic per FHP policy.
    Good luck!!!
    Wrong. Steroid use is 5 years, cocaine 10 years, as long as it wasn't for an extended period of time. 2 month steroid use (if OP is being truthful) would not DQ him.

Mary Jane is 12 months since last use.

I experimented with marijuana once when I was 18 years and 8 months old. 5 months later I applied to an academy in FL which did a poly and interview. I told the truth and was immediately rejected, as I should have been. The interviewer was very professional and he told me to stay the course and stay clean. Above all, he told me to better myself and get some experience to make my application stand out. This was Manatee Co Votech.

Several months later, I attended a recruitment seminar with the Orlando Police Dept. The recruiter told me I had no chance and referred me to an Army recruiter. I joined the reserve as an MP, deployed a couple of times and went to college part time.

At age 28 I was hired by a large SO in FL, age 31 hired by USBP, and age 33 FAMS.
    I was always truthful and consistent about my marijuana usage. I believe that agencies look at the total package and make a decision based on all of your qualifications. Also, during a bad economy, thousands of people apply to be cops. Not to live their dream or to make a difference, but to have a paycheck. When the economy improves, so will the likelihood of you getting a job in LE. Meanwhile, take some college courses, read some books, workout, learn spanish, in other words better yourself. Your time will come...and no, you're not going to be too old.

Quote Originally Posted by guess again
    I experimented with marijuana once when I was 18 years and 8 months old. 5 months later I applied to an academy in FL which did a poly and interview. I told the truth and was immediately rejected, as I should have been. The interviewer was very professional and he told me to stay the course and stay clean. Above all, he told me to better myself and get some experience to make my application stand out. This was Manatee Co Votech.

Several months later, I attended a recruitment seminar with the Orlando Police Dept. The recruiter told me I had no chance and referred me to an Army recruiter. I joined the reserve as an MP, deployed a couple of times and went to college part time.

At age 28 I was hired by a large SO in FL, age 31 hired by USBP, and age 33 FAMS.
    I was always truthful and consistent about my marijuana usage. I believe that agencies look at the total package and make a decision based on all of your qualifications. Also, during a bad economy, thousands of people apply to be cops. Not to live their dream or to make a difference, but to have a paycheck. When the economy improves, so will the likelihood of you getting a job in LE. Meanwhile, take some college courses, read some books, workout, learn spanish, in other words better yourself. Your time will come...and no, you're not going to be too old.
    Awesome advice! Thank you....

Quote Originally Posted by guest44444444444
    To the OP,
    Good luck!!!
    Wrong. Steroid use is 5 years, cocaine 10 years, as long as it wasn't for an extended period of time. 2 month steroid use (if OP is being truthful) would not DQ him.

Yes sir, Im being honest in the amount of usage and timeline. The Captain told me that ANY past drug use is a automatic DQ. He said they're only taking those with zero past drug use.

Quote Originally Posted by guest44444444444
    To the OP,
    Good luck!!!

Yes sir, Im being honest in the amount of usage and timeline. The Captain told me that ANY past drug use is a automatic DQ. He said they're only taking those with zero past drug use.
    You were given false information then. If you want to be a Trooper and continue through the process, write a letter to the recruitment office asking for an appeal. Again, if the 2 month steroid use from 1992 is the ONLY reason your file is inactive, it will be reversed.

You took an illegal drug, which is a felony, and you are trying to be a cop? Come on man, wise up. At my current LE job using marijuana just once, even if it was 10 years ago, would disqualify you.
    It was a mistake he made over 20 years ago, and you're a liar.
    Do your research idiot.
    Any agency that refuses an applicant for a single use of marijuana TEN YEARS prior is a waste of time. You (as an agency) will have disregarded a great number of qualified, trustworthy applicants. I don't know what agency you work for, but I grew up in a Law Enforcement family, with more than one agency represented. I have been surrounded by LEO's my entire life, also from MANY different agencies, and I have worked for a couple myself. In all my personal experience, I have never seen, nor heard of such a policy from ANY agency I have come into contact with, whether at a municipal, county, state, or federal level.

If you care to negate my prior statement, then please provide your agency's name, so that I may research your ridiculous claim.

Ummmm, NO. Since you're just casting a line out there and seeing which agency bites "I have other applications in with different LE agencies" you're not worth the time. If you wanted to be Trooper you would work for it.
    This is the perfect example of the self-righteous, pompous-ass bullshit I mentioned earlier on. The truth is that not every agency bites, therefore lines must be cast. The man who only wants to be a "Trooper" may never get hired and live out his dream for failure to apply elsewhere. The man who wants to be a Law Enforcement Officer will be happy when he is sworn in, wherever it may be.

"Illegitimi non carborundum"; it may not be real Latin, but it represents the right attitude.
    Check into some of the more stricter federal agencies my friend. In this market agencies, especially those that pay 6 figures, are being very picky. They may say minor experimentation with marijuana is allowed, but let's see such a person get hired. They will not! I'm not going to post in a public forum where I work just to please you. If FHP is not tolerating drug use then use your brain and imagine what more elite agencies require.

Quote Originally Posted by It Happens
    My first wife was not accepted at two PDs and two SOs because she used Marijuana when she was 19.
    Good.
    Behaviors have consequences. :roll:
    Life is not a video game with an etch-a-sketch reset button that clears off illegal behavior. She was a USER!
    Society needs LEO's with high standards for their own personal behavior. And, there are plenty of people who are "clean" and can be expected to not be "tempted" into illegal behavior when on the job.
    Seem like it's time for the WM greeter application. Live with it. :evil:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast