Got the boot today - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Got the boot today

Why don't you go ahead and tell the rest of the story. Any competent person would not come on Leo affairs complaining, they would write an appeal letter to be reviewed by the next level. Douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Why don't you go ahead and tell the rest of the story. Any competent person would not come on Leo affairs complaining, they would write an appeal letter to be reviewed by the next level. Douche.
    I'm going to kindly ask that you stop being immature, and please enlighten all of us on just who to send the letter to, and the proper protocols.

I'm going to kindly ask that you stop being immature, and please enlighten all of us on just who to send the letter to, and the proper protocols.

Ummmm, NO. Since you're just casting a line out there and seeing which agency bites "I have other applications in with different LE agencies" you're not worth the time. If you wanted to be Trooper you would work for it.

You took an illegal drug, which is a felony, and you are trying to be a cop? Come on man, wise up. At my current LE job using marijuana just once, even if it was 10 years ago, would disqualify you.
    It was a mistake he made over 20 years ago, and you're a liar.
    Do your research idiot.

You took an illegal drug, which is a felony, and you are trying to be a cop? Come on man, wise up. At my current LE job using marijuana just once, even if it was 10 years ago, would disqualify you.
    Do your research idiot.
    Any agency that refuses an applicant for a single use of marijuana TEN YEARS prior is a waste of time. You (as an agency) will have disregarded a great number of qualified, trustworthy applicants. I don't know what agency you work for, but I grew up in a Law Enforcement family, with more than one agency represented. I have been surrounded by LEO's my entire life, also from MANY different agencies, and I have worked for a couple myself. In all my personal experience, I have never seen, nor heard of such a policy from ANY agency I have come into contact with, whether at a municipal, county, state, or federal level.

If you care to negate my prior statement, then please provide your agency's name, so that I may research your ridiculous claim.

Ummmm, NO. Since you're just casting a line out there and seeing which agency bites "I have other applications in with different LE agencies" you're not worth the time. If you wanted to be Trooper you would work for it.
    This is the perfect example of the self-righteous, pompous-ass bullshit I mentioned earlier on. The truth is that not every agency bites, therefore lines must be cast. The man who only wants to be a "Trooper" may never get hired and live out his dream for failure to apply elsewhere. The man who wants to be a Law Enforcement Officer will be happy when he is sworn in, wherever it may be.

"Illegitimi non carborundum"; it may not be real Latin, but it represents the right attitude.

FHP Applicant wrote;
    Here's to the chance that I can still make a difference in the LE community.

Will this be your answer when you are asked "Why do you want to be a trooper/police officer/deputy"?

FHP Applicant wrote;
    Here's to the chance that I can still make a difference in the LE community.

Will this be your answer when you are asked "Why do you want to be a trooper/police officer/deputy"?
    If that question was asked, and they gave a the opportunity, so I can help make a difference and a contribution to LE, then yes.

My first wife was not accepted at two PDs and two SOs because she used Marijuana when she was 19.

Do your research idiot.
    Any agency that refuses an applicant for a single use of marijuana TEN YEARS prior is a waste of time. You (as an agency) will have disregarded a great number of qualified, trustworthy applicants. I don't know what agency you work for, but I grew up in a Law Enforcement family, with more than one agency represented. I have been surrounded by LEO's my entire life, also from MANY different agencies, and I have worked for a couple myself. In all my personal experience, I have never seen, nor heard of such a policy from ANY agency I have come into contact with, whether at a municipal, county, state, or federal level.

If you care to negate my prior statement, then please provide your agency's name, so that I may research your ridiculous claim.

This is the perfect example of the self-righteous, pompous-ass bullshit I mentioned earlier on. The truth is that not every agency bites, therefore lines must be cast. The man who only wants to be a "Trooper" may never get hired and live out his dream for failure to apply elsewhere. The man who wants to be a Law Enforcement Officer will be happy when he is sworn in, wherever it may be.

"Illegitimi non carborundum"; it may not be real Latin, but it represents the right attitude.
    Thank you for the support once again. Im trying hard to push aside the thought that those that are busting my chops, are probably Troopers themselves.

Am I off on that assessment?

Quote Originally Posted by It Happens
    My first wife was not accepted at two PDs and two SOs because she used Marijuana when she was 19.
    Thats insane.... Was she able to land at a different agency?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast