Got the boot today
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Got the boot today

Well, I guess telling the truth on your application won't get you anywhere. Asked whether I took an illegal drug, I said yes, back in 19992 as it was steriods in the pill form, for 2 months, and I received a letter today saying that my application is now inactive.

Asked why that my stupid mistake in 1992 would have recourse now, and I was told that they are going to take someone who did not experiment with any drug whatsoever. I was told that I could re-apply next year, but any other recruit that did not make a mistake through experimentation will be accepted over me.

My question, is that I have other applications in with different LE agencies. Will this scuttle the other applications, when they ask why I was turned down by the FHP?

Re: Got the boot today

Sorry, I meant to type in 1992.

FHP did you a favor, go find another agency. FHP is the pits.

The short answer is no.

FHP is the most self-righteous, pompous agency in the state. To say FHP is full of itself is a complete understatement. The people who are left to make these decisions are absolute ego maniacs who truly believe they are the best thing in a uniform.

That said, most other agencies know how FHP is and won't care about their decision, as long as your account is exactly as you say. The other part is that most agencies will also not care about experimental use going back to 1992.

The next thing to keep in mind is to disclose the same info to the other agencies, just as you did to FHP. Your police applications (ALL of them) are public records, so the other agencies can get full copies. Also, every app you put in is logged by the CJSTC (or ATMS, I'm not 100% sure), and is therefore available to the other departments. Stay honest and you should be fine.

Don't let this agency discourage you.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    The short answer is no.

FHP is the most self-righteous, pompous agency in the state. To say FHP is full of itself is a complete understatement. The people who are left to make these decisions are absolute ego maniacs who truly believe they are the best thing in a uniform.

That said, most other agencies know how FHP is and won't care about their decision, as long as your account is exactly as you say. The other part is that most agencies will also not care about experimental use going back to 1992.

The next thing to keep in mind is to disclose the same info to the other agencies, just as you did to FHP. Your police applications (ALL of them) are public records, so the other agencies can get full copies. Also, every app you put in is logged by the CJSTC (or ATMS, I'm not 100% sure), and is therefore available to the other departments. Stay honest and you should be fine.

Don't let this agency discourage you.
    Thank you for the great information and words of encouragement! I appreciate your honest and direct feedback!

Hang in there man. If this is the only reason why you were DQ'd, then I feel for you. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Probably the most valuable piece of information you will receive is what the poster stated about being consistent with what you put on applications. I still enjoy FHP, but at the same time I wonder what the hell they are thinking at times. Being the large gap in time between your use and application, most agencies will accept what you have done. It might be difficult, but stay positive.

Hang in there man. If this is the only reason why you were DQ'd, then I feel for you. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Probably the most valuable piece of information you will receive is what the poster stated about being consistent with what you put on applications. I still enjoy FHP, but at the same time I wonder what the hell they are thinking at times. Being the large gap in time between your use and application, most agencies will accept what you have done. It might be difficult, but stay positive.
    Thank you Trooper! I appreciate the honesty and feedback. Be safe...

You took an illegal drug, which is a felony, and you are trying to be a cop? Come on man, wise up. At my current LE job using marijuana just once, even if it was 10 years ago, would disqualify you.

You took an illegal drug, which is a felony, and you are trying to be a cop? Come on man, wise up. At my current LE job using marijuana just once, even if it was 10 years ago, would disqualify you.
    It was a mistake he made over 20 years ago, and you're a liar.

I was 19 years old man. That was my only and last time I did an illegal drug. Trust me, if I had a crystal ball, and looked into the future, I would not have done the steroid pills.

I made a mistake and was honest about it on my application. What pisses me off, is that there are those that LIED on their apps, and will probably squeak through on their polygraph.

Just my .02, but I'd rather have an honest Trooper, than one that lies and skirts the system, and is rewarded for it, by being invited to July's training class.

I still feel like I got kicked in the gut today, but I'm taking the advice of 2 posts within this thread, that said not to give up hope. Here's to the chance that I can still make a difference in the LE community.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast