Old/Innefective - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old/Innefective

Re: Old/Innefective

I'm so sick of hearing that The Auxiliary members are on a power trip. We are out there to help you when you need 94. There are a lot of us that take our jobs to heart when we are on the road. You should be glad that we are out there because when your lazy asses are eating and there is a s76 we go take care of it or when your fellow Troopers call out 94 and I see you still setting on the side of the road as I'm coming from miles away to back them UP and you still never show up. You have some EXPLETIVE DELETED nerves to say we are on a power trip.No matter how much you dislike the Auxiliary or how old the member are we are still out there for you because when the shit hits the fan and your fellow Troopers are on there way home when they should be in there zone or on there way to 208. We the Auxiliary will still be doing our Job. That right OUR JOB THAT WE DO FREE. So make all the comments you want write backing saying stupid EXPLETIVE DELETED. We the Auxiliary know who you are that dislike us. But we will still be there for you because that is our job.

Not so sure why so many are so concerned about the age of Auxiliary members? Remember, we are in a 'right to work' state, so both volunteer and full time cannot be treated because of their age, just their ability. A number of A/men have been 'let go' following stress firing courses. But, most pass. The reality is Auxiliary Troopers are here to 'support' the FHP mission. Would anyone argue it is better to have an Auxiliary Trooper sit with a young mother with infant children on the interstate till help arrives, rather than a full time trooper? When a full time trooper gets out of his/her car on a traffic stop (10-50) and the driver looks in the mirror to see "2 uniforms officers", don't you think he/she may think twice before doing something stupid? There have been many times when I have directed traffic while my 'partner' investigated the crash. Recently one of our A/men on LSP stopped a driver clearly out of control of her car and headed toward two troopers on traffic stops. She was arrested and charged with DUI. Had he not been there we may be attending another funeral like the one for Trooper Chelsea Richard today. People should stop comparing FHP with FHPA and focus on the positive impact the FHPA has on the FHP and the community. Current A/men have the same complete 'testing' phase as a full time applicant and 320 hours of ABRC. Including 80 hours of Firearms, 80 hrs of DT and much more. They don't get the training that pertains to what they don't do. i.e. Traffic investigation, that comes with Level 4 -- an additional 40 hours classroom and 160 hours FTO. One other comment, the trooper in Lee County that has a "take home' car, does not. He works three days a week 7 to 9 hours each day taking paperwork between the courts, DA office and the station. This job, close to full time is done by a Sergeant in all other districts. During all that time 'on the road' he is also available to assist DAV's and provide back up. Which he has done many times. We should all focus on the positive aspects of the FHPA and not use this forum to vent your frustrations.

Quote Originally Posted by Troop F
    Not so sure why so many are so concerned about the age of Auxiliary members? Remember, we are in a 'right to work' state, so both volunteer and full time cannot be treated because of their age, just their ability. A number of A/men have been 'let go' following stress firing courses. But, most pass. The reality is Auxiliary Troopers are here to 'support' the FHP mission. Would anyone argue it is better to have an Auxiliary Trooper sit with a young mother with infant children on the interstate till help arrives, rather than a full time trooper? When a full time trooper gets out of his/her car on a traffic stop (10-50) and the driver looks in the mirror to see "2 uniforms officers", don't you think he/she may think twice before doing something stupid? There have been many times when I have directed traffic while my 'partner' investigated the crash. Recently one of our A/men on LSP stopped a driver clearly out of control of her car and headed toward two troopers on traffic stops. She was arrested and charged with DUI. Had he not been there we may be attending another funeral like the one for Trooper Chelsea Richard today. People should stop comparing FHP with FHPA and focus on the positive impact the FHPA has on the FHP and the community. Current A/men have the same complete 'testing' phase as a full time applicant and 320 hours of ABRC. Including 80 hours of Firearms, 80 hrs of DT and much more. They don't get the training that pertains to what they don't do. i.e. Traffic investigation, that comes with Level 4 -- an additional 40 hours classroom and 160 hours FTO. One other comment, the trooper in Lee County that has a "take home' car, does not. He works three days a week 7 to 9 hours each day taking paperwork between the courts, DA office and the station. This job, close to full time is done by a Sergeant in all other districts. During all that time 'on the road' he is also available to assist DAV's and provide back up. Which he has done many times. We should all focus on the positive aspects of the FHPA and not use this forum to vent your frustrations.

A real training academy is over 700 hours. Not 320 hours.

What is a DA?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1856327
    We have to many in their 60's and 70's who are not effective yet in leadership positions.

It is more of a power trip for them than anything.
    Power trip?? That much power and $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee.
    I think it might be more correctly stated that it is an "Ego Trip"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12