Hiring

Thread: Hiring

Hiring

Will your agency be hiring anytime soon, if so how many approx? Thank you.

Re: Hiring

Quote Originally Posted by rg3
    At this time I believe that they are only hiring reserve deputies and then when full time positions open up they are pulling from those reserve deputies who are interested in full time employment.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rg3
    At this time I believe that they are only hiring reserve deputies and then when full time positions open up they are pulling from those reserve deputies who are interested in full time employment.

Untrue. As positions become available, they go to family/friends of the command staff first and/or campaign contributors of Sheriff Bradshaw. After that, they go to those waiting in the reserves. Many reserve deputies work 30+ hours a week for over a year before getting hired. PBSO Reserves are NOT PAID either.

Come to BSO where it's much better. Starting deputy salary is around $47K with salary incentives. Started reserve deputy salary is $11 / hr.

I continue to hear how the only way to get hired is via the Reserve program, which is what Sheriff Bradshaw said during his interview this past week. However, I continue to see people being hired that are NOT in the Reserve program. This two faced hiring system has to violate federal labor laws. Any addition info is appreciated so this practice will stop.

How would a current cop be able to get hired at PBSO since you can only be listed per FDLE rules with one law enforcement agency at a time. Would that cop have to quit their paying job to join PBSO's Reserve Unit (for free) in hopes of being hired ? Really now?

Sure would like to see the media do a story on hiring practices at PBSO to
    document who is being hired and that they did not come from the Reserve program. :cop:

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrp-crit
    I continue to hear how the only way to get hired is via the Reserve program, which is what Sheriff Bradshaw said during his interview this past week. However, I continue to see people being hired that are NOT in the Reserve program. This two faced hiring system has to violate federal labor laws. Any addition info is appreciated so this practice will stop.

How would a current cop be able to get hired at PBSO since you can only be listed per FDLE rules with one law enforcement agency at a time. Would that cop have to quit their paying job to join PBSO's Reserve Unit (for free) in hopes of being hired ? Really now?

Sure would like to see the media do a story on hiring practices at PBSO to
    document who is being hired and that they did not come from the Reserve program. :cop:

If you listen to the interview again, you'll hear him say most come from the reserve program. But I wouldn't bother from your posting I wouldn't want you on our agency. Go find another to apply and threaten to sue.

Can you anyone advise how many certified deputies vacancies PBSO is hiring for? I know the closing date was on Aug. 9th, but just wanted to know how many certified LEO's PBSO was looking to put on. Thanks in advance for any info.