FDLE opinion on off duty CCW by A-men - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Retired FHP/FHPA beng qualified for CCP

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agreed. Although the handcuffs are just a recommendation, not required. All FHP requires is that while armed you are in possession of your ID and badge. But, you are 100% right in that it's a good idea for all LEOS of any type to get a Florida Concealed Weapons Permit. For one, you don't have to wait three days to buy a handgun with a CWP.
    It all depends on the Troop Training Coordinator. If he/she is agreeable retired are allowed to shoot with the Auxiliary. They are then given the paper work. For years my Troop has done that, but a new full time Major stopped it. He is now gone so I assume it will be available again.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    It all depends on the Troop Training Coordinator. If he/she is agreeable retired are allowed to shoot with the Auxiliary. They are then given the paper work. For years my Troop has done that, but a new full time Major stopped it. He is now gone so I assume it will be available again.
    Um, no. FHP has a policy allowing for retired members to qualify with their weapons in order to satisfy HR 218 requirements. Neither the Troop Training Coordinator or the Troop Commander has to be "agreeable" to it. That's why it's an Agency Policy. If your now-former Troop Commander was not allowing this, he should have been "gone" a long time ago. What Troop was this? It had to be E L or F.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12