EOD opening Ft. Myers - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: EOD opening Ft. Myers

Yes we participate in regional teams in all the areas we cover. If there are not other teams around we then will cover that area as the primary EOD team.

As for there being a fix....not so much.

We conducted the assessment and the paperwork was sent to Tallahassee to be scored and then to personnel who advised who we were to do background investigations on. There was a long delay due to an applicant with military preference and how to properly handle this...

If any of the applicants reached out to the current EOD techs for guidance or to ask questions prior to the assessments they were not turned away.

In our agency none of the EOD techs are full time and there are few if any other agencies that are full time. Miami Dade PD is full time and they might be the only ones in our state that are. FDLE Capital police in Tallahassee also have full time EOD techs.

I would disagree, the guy picked for the job was not in the best shape, did not have the best time for the assessment or the PT test, did not have experience with EOD. He did however work in the same building as Fire Marshall and he also seem to know all the FMs. It's ok, no hard feeling, just don't pretend it isn't what it was.

Sorry you feel that way...it really was personnel who picked the final two after backgrounds were completed.....

Quote Originally Posted by In the know...
    Yes we participate in regional teams in all the areas we cover. If there are not other teams around we then will cover that area as the primary EOD team.

As for there being a fix....not so much.

We conducted the assessment and the paperwork was sent to Tallahassee to be scored and then to personnel who advised who we were to do background investigations on. There was a long delay due to an applicant with military preference and how to properly handle this...

If any of the applicants reached out to the current EOD techs for guidance or to ask questions prior to the assessments they were not turned away.

In our agency none of the EOD techs are full time and there are few if any other agencies that are full time. Miami Dade PD is full time and they might be the only ones in our state that are. FDLE Capital police in Tallahassee also have full time EOD techs.
    Thanks In the know, also the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office EOD is full time. The county also has two part time teams at West Palm Beach Police Department and Boca Raton Police Department. The town of Palm Beach Police Department also had a part time team until budget cuts several years ago.

Any new ones opening soon?

I so rocked the test wearing that damn suit!!! At least I can say I did it, not everone can...

Yes you did.....

Unregistered
    Long gap in responding, lol. Not only did I get to wear the suit, mine weighed more because it was the XL! 😜

Where was the training for EOD? Red Stone Arsenal?

Thanks.

in the know
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1872036
    I have a question about SFM's EOD Units. I know in Tallahassee, you guys have a joint team with FDLE Capitol Police and Leon County SO but in other parts of the State, does SFM serve as the EOD for areas with no local bomb squad? As in the way that FDLE helps out with complex criminal investigations in areas with limited resources? I ask because I know in some counties there are multiple local EOD teams. (often the County SO and one or more city PD's)
    when the sfm started eod units they went to areas with little or no eod coverage. they are a support agency like fdle. there are teams in the panhandle, tallahasse, tampa and ft.myers. florida is now tech heavy with i think about 300 state wide techs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12