EOD opening Ft. Myers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

EOD opening Ft. Myers

Did they ever fill the spot?

Re: EOD opening Ft. Myers

Not as far as I know.

It may have been reclassified to a regular detective slot, which you'd be better off in. Nothing against our EOD guys, but it's plenty more work/continuous training for the same pay. I'm not lazy or afraid of work, but out of self-respect I can't fathom taking on more without proper compensation, especially after so many years without a raise, and no OT.

Please do not misinterpret my rant. The problem I mentioned above applies to all state jobs, and therefore not exclusive to SFM. We are a great agency to work for. We have good working conditions, and a very technical area of expertise. Like in anything else, you will find good and bad, but at the SFM the good FAR outweighs any bad.

Essentially, if you see a non-EOD position in an office of interest to you, don't pass up the opportunity.

It should be filled here soon...waiting on HR approval is what I hear

I got the call, just waiting for HR to get off their ass.

According to Lt. "_" no decision yet.

You have to consider that we are also towards the end of the budget year, and the Legislature is in session. I hate to have to say this, but if you don't start by July 1, the position may be closed completely (not for a fact, but not impossible). The delay may very well be due to that.

Yes, both positions are now filled and I believe they are starting on Friday. One came from Charlotte County Sheriffs Office and the other was from Division of Insurance Fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Yes, both positions are now filled and I believe they are starting on Friday. One came from Charlotte County Sheriffs Office and the other was from Division of Insurance Fraud.
    Like we didn't see that coming. The fix was in from the start, they shouldn't have been so buddy buddy with him during the assessment. At least make it look somewhat legit.

Like we didn't see that coming. The fix was in from the start, they shouldn't have been so buddy buddy with him during the assessment. At least make it look somewhat legit.
    I am not surprised but I don't think it was a "fix" from the beginning. In the end I got to wear a bomb suit and pass the assessment, not everyone can say they have done that. SFM is a state agency with the same problems as other state agencies, no better no worse. If I could have only done EOD that might have been cool, not so sure i would want to see a burned body. Good luck to whoever got the position.

I am not surprised but I don't think it was a "fix" from the beginning. In the end I got to wear a bomb suit and pass the assessment, not everyone can say they have done that. SFM is a state agency with the same problems as other state agencies, no better no worse. If I could have only done EOD that might have been cool, not so sure i would want to see a burned body. Good luck to whoever got the position.
    I have a question about SFM's EOD Units. I know in Tallahassee, you guys have a joint team with FDLE Capitol Police and Leon County SO but in other parts of the State, does SFM serve as the EOD for areas with no local bomb squad? As in the way that FDLE helps out with complex criminal investigations in areas with limited resources? I ask because I know in some counties there are multiple local EOD teams. (often the County SO and one or more city PD's)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast