New Chief in Over Her Head Already! - Page 66
Page 66 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Re: New Chief in Over Her Head Already!

Quote Originally Posted by Resident
    Is it true that officers are getting paid for city overtime for attending this "cook out"? If it is this is an outrage not only to the officers at the department but to all the tax payers in the City of Sarasota. Could she not find any officers to volunteer their time for this farce of an event? :evil:
    Find an officer to volunteer his time??? For this Shi*. The only officers you will see volunteer their time are the true butt kissers.

This is how you deal with Bernie. If she schedules any officer to be at the thug BBQ just call out sick. That's what we did in OC when she put us on special orders we didn't want to work. Nothing she can do about it. Kiss my ass Bernadette! :devil:

"I support Chief DiPino not because I have to or hope for some reward. I could choose to remain silent without reprisal. I support this effort because I truly believe that together we can make a difference."

What a joke PL! first of all, you have very few "peers" on this department. You are a Lieutenant desperately seeking to be a Captain. The way I see it, you have about 7-8 peers. You do not speak for any of the patrol officers, especially those who have to work in this area. I am surprised that you don't have a Ravens sign on your door yet, or do you? Everything you have done this past year is to get the attention of the Chief and everyone who knows you, knows this to be true. Of course, we will all talk behind your back. There is no outlet to convey our concerns about the direction of this department. It is boards like this that let's the working cops voice their opinion with the hopes that someone will actually look at it and realize that we are at the lowest point this department has ever been in. So continue to walk the halls with that smug look on your face. Continue to be one of the three people who are pathetically trying to get the next Captain position. It truly is sickening to watch this display of sucking up. See you at the BBQ

Having a barbecue to build a relationship between the police and the criminal element: illogical, ineffective, unoriginal.

This clown is so small-minded and lacking any ability to think critically that she comes up with this amateurish tactic. This is like an administrator coming up with a plan to address an intersection where traffic crashes occur frequently, and it consists of having a patrol car park in the middle of the road with its emergency lights on. It's stupid, simple-minded, and ineffective beyond the time when the patrol car is actually sitting there. A real chief with real law enforcement experience would see how stupid the solution is. A real chief with real law enforcement experience would analyze the situation to determine its root causes, develop a strategy to fix it, and define tactics to enact the strategy. Instead, this incompetent clown comes up with a naïve idea like a barbecue.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20 ... foundation

The above link is the most recent exposure of the Chief''s incompetence. According o the article "DiPino has since issued statements saying that she does not lead the foundation.."
    Really?
    Your "friend" becomes the "Executive Director" when the board has never met. Then who selected and appointed her?" These decisions must be approved by the Board of Directors.
    This is just like when Lt. Rossnagle got fired and our Chief stated that a Captain made the decision...the Chief seems to be out of the office when something gets screwed-up.

And by the way does the "Executive Director" have and experience as an executive director? Has she filled out an application and was a background check done on her since she is soliciting funds in the name of the SPD?

Maybe it is time to throw the media a BBQ before they dig any deeper into this.

Well, obviously, the chief is untouchable. Barwin will not fire her because that will be like admitting he made a mistake in hiring her. She has made more blunders, mistakes, bad decisions, bad promotions, female luncheons, videos promoting alcohol to win a contest, and on and on and on it goes. Whatever she has over Barwin and whomever else, must be pretty big. She is going to end up costing this city.

The thought occurs to me that if you don't like working there, you can always clean out your locker and get the hell out. Its time to man up and admit that you don't believe that anyone in administration has your interests in mind. Why the hell do you want to work for an agency like that?

I'll admit that you guys have had a trip through the $#ithouse as far as the last few leaders have been concerned. But face it, nothing you guys have done in the past has done anything to turn the tide back, and you get your butts kicked shift after shift. Your hearts aren't in this job. You've all gotten to the point where you think that Sarasota owes you and that you know more than anyone else (Hell, some of you can't even spell or correctly choose which homonym is correct...remember "bear" vs. "bare"?). You make bad decisions and only a handfull of you think about risk management on the personal level. What you are owed is what you get every pay period, and nothing else, because you don't have your heart in your job. You don't take personal responsibility for public service; you don't set an example for anybody. You hide behind collective bargaining and complain. If case you haven't noticed, the more you just complain, the more things stay the same.

I was so impressed with your spelling, punctuation, a use of a large word, and your ability to attempt to insult people for their mistake. I thought, "wow, this person must be a genius." I'm only a cop. Then, I got to your last sentence. And you made a mistake, and didn't spell a word wrong, or use the wrong homonym :lol: but you just used the wrong damn word all together. Spell check didn't catch it, because "if" is a word, just the wrong one. Try proof reading when you are going to insult people on grammar.

As to the rest of what you said, you need to get your facts right. This is a career that people have chosen. This is the place we chose to spend our career. People moved families here, started children in school, bought houses, etc. We cant pick up our pension, and transfer else where. If we leave, we lose. So, the fact that the city has hired a completely incompetent woman, who has embarrassed us over and over, so many times, in just one year doesn't mean we should quit because our hearts aren't in it. A good cop doesn't have to be a great speller. A good cop is so much more. Sorry if we expect to be supported by the brass that we work for. Sorry if we want to be able to do our jobs safely, and effectively, without our own agency head hunting us. We aren't supported by our brass, our city hall, our newspaper, and some of our citizens.

Thanks Impressive. The "Guest" is playing the classic "Ad Hominen" argument - when you can't address the argument you make a personal attack on the other person.

The long list of unprofessional behavior by this Chief just accumulates daily. In terms of Negligent Retention the City is already on the hook financially for any future lawsuits concerning her misconduct. We are far beyond the point where the City can respond to a lawsuit by claiming ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by impressive
    I was so impressed with your spelling, punctuation, a use of a large word, and your ability to attempt to insult people for their mistake. I thought, "wow, this person must be a genius." I'm only a cop. Then, I got to your last sentence. And you made a mistake, and didn't spell a word wrong, or use the wrong homonym :lol: but you just used the wrong damn word all together. Spell check didn't catch it, because "if" is a word, just the wrong one. Try proof reading when you are going to insult people on grammar.

As to the rest of what you said, you need to get your facts right. This is a career that people have chosen. This is the place we chose to spend our career. People moved families here, started children in school, bought houses, etc. We cant pick up our pension, and transfer else where. If we leave, we lose. So, the fact that the city has hired a completely incompetent woman, who has embarrassed us over and over, so many times, in just one year doesn't mean we should quit because our hearts aren't in it. A good cop doesn't have to be a great speller. A good cop is so much more. Sorry if we expect to be supported by the brass that we work for. Sorry if we want to be able to do our jobs safely, and effectively, without our own agency head hunting us. We aren't supported by our brass, our city hall, our newspaper, and some of our citizens.
    Man, did you ever fall for the intentional plant. You were so pissed off over the truth or the statement that you focused on whatever you could find to avoid the real issue altogether. Everything else that was said in my first post is absolutely true, and you know it is. All you did is rationalize your piss poor attitude in addressing everything else. You can't see the forest for the trees. That's probably why you aren't in a leadership role where your "insightful" contributions can be useful. Truthfully, you can pick up and leave; you just don't want to, because you feel you are owed that pension. All that other stuff you said about families, houses, and schools is an attempt to make it look like you're invested in your community. If you were, you wouldn't be poor mouthing on a forum and let your actions speak louder than words. I know, I know...that's like the pot calling the kettle black, and I need to put my money where my mouth is. The truth is, I've been on the job for 29 years in SC; I retired for four years and then went back to work. I have my pension because I paid over 7 percent of my income into it. It wasn't a benefit that I got for showing up. I went back because I never intended to stay retired. You said one thing correctly. Your city hall doesn't have your back. That was real evident starting in 2010.

Page 66 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast