New Chief in Over Her Head Already! - Page 114
Page 114 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1185

Unregistered
    My bet is that Morrison would be there to back someone up way before Worthington or any other female cop at SPD.

Unregistered
    She would if she’s not too preoccupied trying to sleep with someone or sitting in the Sgt’s office sniffing their butts. Worthington on the other hand is always there no matter what...she may not be that proactive type of officer but she gets there without a doubt

Seriously???

Great job!!

Ok, after sifting through most of this garbage it is apparent the absolute nonsense posted. First all all, Becky Worthington has slept with more officers at this agency than people realize. The only person to defend Becky was crazy ass Tancibok and he is too busy stalking women in Arkansas most likely as a security guard. So to sum it up, Becky stop airing your dirty laundry here for everyone to see. If you arent happy, then leave. Our agency is not perfect by any means, but neither is any other place. To sit behind a keyboard and slander every officer you can think of is pathetic. Go jam out to a hair band or something else #ripteddy

Unregistered
    I wonder who wrote that reply. She has finally come to weigh in on the conversation...**grabs popcorn**

Unregistered
    I have been with SPD for a couple of years and if I had any idea of how bad it was I never would have come near this place. I am a new SPD officer but have prior life and job experience. This agency is a total mess. The leadership or should I say lack of leadership is nothing short of appalling. The chief is DESPIZED here. And I can see why. For one she is never here. I’m not sure what she has over someone’s head at City Hall but it must be huge. I have seen her once (at my swearing in). That’s it. It starts at the top and goes down from there. Our patrol captain is a first rate douche. Walks right by without so much as a glance. Won’t return a hello. It’s unreal. If this is the way the agency’s leaders treat the rank and file then it’s a place I don’t want to be a part of.

The favoritism by the chief towards certain people is off the chain. PRomoting people to leadership positions who have minimal experience, promoting certain people and keeping them in the same position so they get more $$ and have no new responsibilities. Who does that? How does that look to the rest of us? Is that any way to run a police Department? No it is not. The entirety of the so-called command staff has something like 6 months total as a shift commander!!! That’s simply mind blowing. How is that even possible?. I’ll tell you, the chief promoted and immediately took her favorites inside to protect them. There s no fairness with dipino.

So if you are looking to come here run away. It is a pit.

Oh and I know some moronic idiot will reply by stating why don’t I leave. Believe me I am and so are a lot of other folks. Get ready for a mass exodus. Fair warning.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Oh and I know some moronic idiot will reply by stating why don’t I leave. Believe me I am and so are a lot of other folks. Get ready for a mass exodus. Fair warning.
    For every 1 that leaves, there are 150 waiting in line to get hired. And you know it's true. Buh bye!

Unregistered
    As someone who has been here way too long to leave, you are spot on. The sooner people move to a better place, the better you will be. City Hall wants us to fail, to struggle, to suffer. They have taken from us for 12 years now, without giving a thing back. 4 of the 5 commissioners hate us, the other could care less either way. Every possible thing they can think of to take from us, they are trying to take from us.

In the 90s, we never, ever went without a raise. We bickered over how much and usually got 4 in year 1, and 3 for the next 2 year's. The chief cared about officers, and the agency. You really had to screw up to get in IA. Small stuff would be handled by the sergeant and never hit paper. Now, forget it, if someone complains, you're guilty. Just a matter of how bad the punishment will be.

The chief promotes on favoritism. She also dishes out punishments based on how she likes you.

If you have less than 7 years on, and are under 30, and are hireable elsewhere, you should be looking. Use SPD as a stepping atone to get 2 years experience, and then move on to bigger things. The sooner you start your retirement elsewhere the better for you.

Most of you don't know this, but when you retire, you get no cola raises until you're 65. Then you get a 1 percent raise a year. Before 2012, retirees got 3.2 percent a year, starting at retirement. Do the math. That's a large amount of money you won't be getting.

Pre 2012, spouses would get 2 thirds of your pension after you died for their life. Now, the clock starts when you retire, and stops at ten years. Meaning if you die 9 years post retirement, a spouse will get 1 year, then nothing. You can opt to give the city a large portion of your pension. As in currently 400 to 500 a month to allow your spouse to collect that money. 25 years from now, who knows that cost. You going bucks are foolish to not look elsewhere. Awful city commission, plus awful command staff, equals awful working environment.

And this business of officers complaining on other officers for petty crap needs to stop.

Unregistered
    In the 90s, we never, ever went without a raise.
    It was a different economic and financial world in the 1990s. Corporations provided pensions in the 1990s, but today, most corporations have replaced pensions with 401k plans. Today, the entire state of Florida has abolished COLAs for active-duty LEOs. VPD abolished their municipal pension plan and replaced it with the Florida FRS plan. Sarasota City Hall is not the only government entity that is reigning in it's pension-purse-strings. Wake up to reality. Somebody needs to pop the bubble that you're living in.

City Hall wants us to fail, to struggle, to suffer.
    Rubbish. Oh and you forgot to mention that the chief is fat.

Next up.

Unregistered
    Well she used to be. Don’t know what she looks like now. Haven’t seen her in 2 years. For real.

Unregistered
    It was a different economic and financial world in the 1990s. Corporations provided pensions in the 1990s, but today, most corporations have replaced pensions with 401k plans. Today, the entire state of Florida has abolished COLAs for active-duty LEOs. VPD abolished their municipal pension plan and replaced it with the Florida FRS plan. Sarasota City Hall is not the only government entity that is reigning in it's pension-purse-strings. Wake up to reality. Somebody needs to pop the bubble that you're living in.

Rubbish. Oh and you forgot to mention that the chief is fat.

Next up.
    Obviously, this is not a police officer responding. If it is, you should re-evaluate your life.

Page 114 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast