New Chief in Over Her Head Already! - Page 98
Page 98 of 119 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    "For the past 4 years since community policeing inventer, chief dipino blessed SPD with her self, crime has dropped 25%."

False, crime stats may have dropped but crime has not gone down you silly sheep for people.

Officer moral has dropped and we are hiring people who are not qualify to stock shelves at Walmart. The officers that used to go out there and take people to jail on self initiated stops (generating crime stats) are no longer doing that because

A- no compitant back up
    B- no backing from command staff
    C- the bad guys usually call the chief and get a get outta jail card
    D- it's safer to just go call to call

Not to mention our street crimes unit is been forced to be nonexistent. That unit used to be all hard charging crime fighters. No we have 3 and the flavor of the last 3 years is helping out hookers during the day.

I'm sure I could go on.

Unregistered

Tom Lyons Opinion

More bad press for the Chief. She who hands out her business cards to everyone won't return calls.

He has a good point, where are the body cams that you promised Chief? Did you and your staff get hooked into a bad contract with Taser because you did not know what you were doing? You rushed into the program before many questions were answered and now you are stuck.

Maybe you should have listened to Sheriff Knight who took a reasoned, professional approach. Instead, you saw the opportunity for self-promotion and jumped at it. Maybe Al-Jazerra can do another story on you...oh no, they went out-of-business. That is what happens in the private sector when people like you are incompetent.

Unregistered
    You are absolutely correct. The Chief has destroyed the morale at SPD to the point of doing self initiated activity is practically career suicide. She encourages every Newtown resident to call her every time they deal with a cop. She gives them a direct line to her cell phone. Then, she sends every complaint to IA. No matter the outcome of the investigation, she will sustain every charge, and punish you every time. She has Lieutenants do a full, thorough investigation, and when the LT finds no wrong doing and not sustains the charge, she will reverse the decision and punish the officer with no investigation on her part what so ever. She goes on personal hatred that she has for the lot of us, especially the white males. Then, throw the evil little Captain in the chain, and officers are completely screwed.

So, the answer, be on time, and handle your calls. Less contacts equal less complaints, equals less trouble.

And these new hires, WTF is the guidelines that Kate looks for? No life experience, and be under 130 pounds. So, now we have a new breed of softer police officer, and the old "junkyard Dawgs" aren't kicking ass, so the new breed will never learn what police work really is. It is a lucrative time to be a criminal in Sarasota.

Now, PBA, its a little late to start trying to drum up support an hour before the meeting at city hall where we are all gonna get our tailpipes reamed.

Unregistered
    You guys thinks it bad now? Just wait till the evil little tyrant does away with the 12 hour shifts. Most of you don't know what's it like having weekends off every 3 months. It will be life destroying to most of us and she couldn't care less. The sad thing is that she has given no reason for making such a drastic life altering change and she never will. She is god in her eyes. Everyone else be dammed.

Unregistered

10 hours

You are confused by the 10 hour shifts. The shifts will be non-rotating and will based on seniority. Everyone for the most part will be working Fridays and Saturdays. Your every other free weekend will be non-existent. So make sure you get this right, no pay raise, increase in benefits, loss of 12 hour shifts and working nearly every weekend. Forget Disneyworld..this place is the most wonderful in the world!! Thanks Chief....

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are confused by the 10 hour shifts. The shifts will be non-rotating and will based on seniority. Everyone for the most part will be working Fridays and Saturdays. Your every other free weekend will be non-existent. So make sure you get this right, no pay raise, increase in benefits, loss of 12 hour shifts and working nearly every weekend. Forget Disneyworld..this place is the most wonderful in the world!! Thanks Chief....
    You should apply elsewhere then, unless you are close to your retirement.

I am okay with 10hr shifts personally

Unregistered
    I can't stand that "go somewhere else" reply that always comes up.

That's all easy to say dummy but most officers were hired before this chief so we got to see what a decent department felt like. It's kinda stupid to say go somewhere else. That's kind of like having a house and then allowing a roommate to move in after you've had the house for 5-10 years and then that roommate making you salute her. And when you b**** about the roommates demands some moron tells you that you should leave your house.

To some people this is a career and they plan on being an SPD officer till they retire. Most officers own houses in sarasota, thierbkids go to school in sarasota etc. you can't just say F it I will just start over again.

Your stupid comment is easier said than done.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I can't stand that "go somewhere else" reply that always comes up.

That's all easy to say dummy but most officers were hired before this chief so we got to see what a decent department felt like. It's kinda stupid to say go somewhere else. That's kind of like having a house and then allowing a roommate to move in after you've had the house for 5-10 years and then that roommate making you salute her. And when you b**** about the roommates demands some moron tells you that you should leave your house.

To some people this is a career and they plan on being an SPD officer till they retire. Most officers own houses in sarasota, thierbkids go to school in sarasota etc. you can't just say F it I will just start over again.

Your stupid comment is easier said than done.
    I didn't intend to be rude, it was just an advice, you do whatever YOU want, it is YOUR career, YOUR life, I just know that the day I feel half as bad as some of you seem to be, I will look elsewhere, I understand the kids going to school, I like Sarasota, I own a house and so on but again that's up to YOU to decide. You don't need to call me names, even on the internet. Some end up losing their mind and doing something irreversible whn under pressure and frustration, better to go through the challenge of finding a job with another agency and relocating than putting a bullet in your head. What about Sarasota SO, Manatee SO, Bradenton PD? They are all hiring certified LEO. You all can complain as much as you want on LEO Affairs, it is not going to change anything!

Unregistered
    Maybe some of us hope that some of what we say here will reach the right ears and someone will at least question what dipino is doing let alone her competency to run the agency. You say you won't mind 10 hour shifts? Keep in mind that the set schedule that we have now that allows you to actually plan and have a life will be gone. You be at the chiefs 100% total discretion to work whatever and whenever she wants. It can change day to day. Think you will like that? Ask anyone who was here before the 12 hour shifts and see what they say. It was hell on earth. Never see your family, virtually impossible to plan ahead, weekends off every 3 months. Yeah sounds like fun to me. Why on earth the chief wants to get rid of the 12 hour shifts is a complete mystery. It is literally going back two decades.

Unregistered
    She's doing it because she is thirsty for power, and enjoys our pain. There is no other reason. Every chief before her could run the department without all of these things. They never even thought about asking for any of these things. Every other agency in America runs just fine with a set schedule. So, if she can't do it, she is not the amazing chief the commission thinks she is, and incompetent as hell.

So, I hope to God it's true we are getting captain CS in patrol and dB is getting the miserable little tyrant. I wonder how long before he fux it up in the dB, and people start jumping back to patrol. If it is true, detectIves should start considering it now, because your world is about to be turned upside down.

And, I agree, this go someplace else crap is just crap. People have a right to stand up for their beliefs. But with this chief and captain, it's a proven fact, anyone who stands up for something, or thinks for themselves becomes a threat, and they will be taken out. So , sadly, this forum is the only place people can vent, and possibly, be heard by the commission, the newspaper, or maybe the chief will wake up one day a decent human being, and have a conscience, and read this 90 plus page homage to her, and decide to actually be good to us. Doubtful but maybe.

Page 98 of 119 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast